Author Topic: Clinton: There's a 'game that’s being played to keep women in their place'  (Read 1652 times)

Silver Pines

I would not presume to speak for @CatherineofAragon, but I don't think she was qualified for either of those spots, nor did she handle them in a manner that brought any kind of credit upon herself that would indicate she was a good candidate for higher office.  Merely warming the seat is how we got Obama, because he didn't do anything of note either.

@Cyber Liberty, thank you; that's precisely what I was thinking.  Her only "qualification" for anything was the fact that she was Bill Clinton's wife.

Silver Pines

Yay, it's going to be Bash of the Cruzervilles

@RoosGirl

Bring it

Offline berdie

Funny, but there's hardly a woman I know who doesn't long to be 'in her place' at home with the children and the garden, and the market and the Church, surrounded by women like-in-kind.

Those who didn't do as women always do wind up bitter, childless, and grandchild-less.

There really isn't any honor more necessary, fitting, and beautiful than to be the hand that rocks the cradle. That of the child and the grandchild. I take umbrage with the idea that a woman's 'place' could be so used as an epithet. It is an unconscionable slur against women, and against matriarchy.

Ahhh, @roamer_1 . Please don't disappoint me in your intellect.

Not all women have the opportunity to "keep the hand on the cradle". Not all women end up bitter because things don't turn out their way.

Sometimes women have to make their own way in the world and can't afford to sit on the front porch waiting for their savior to ride up.

But maybe that isn't what you meant.

Online roamer_1

Ahhh, @roamer_1 . Please don't disappoint me in your intellect.

Not all women have the opportunity to "keep the hand on the cradle". Not all women end up bitter because things don't turn out their way.

Sometimes women have to make their own way in the world and can't afford to sit on the front porch waiting for their savior to ride up.

But maybe that isn't what you meant.
@berdie

I said I hardly know a woman that doesn't long for it - The implication being that they can only wish it were so, as it is not available to them. But that, inevitably, is where their heart is in general.

That is not to cast aspersions on those whose lot has left them without - but rather to assert that the gold standard is still made of gold.

Sadly the state of our society has left it dang near unobtainable. But I will always honor those families who sacrifice themselves and their comfort to make it so.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 11:48:46 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty, thank you; that's precisely what I was thinking.  Her only "qualification" for anything was the fact that she was Bill Clinton's wife.

I took a chance there.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Why do women have smaller feet?

So they can stand closer to the kitchen counter.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Polly Ticks

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline RoosGirl

Why do women have smaller feet?

So they can stand closer to the kitchen counter.

LOL

What does that mean for the men when the women are pregnant?

Silver Pines

I took a chance there.

@Cyber Liberty

I wouldn't have minded even if you'd been wrong, lol.

Offline skeeter

I would not presume to speak for @CatherineofAragon, but I don't think she was qualified for either of those spots, nor did she handle them in a manner that brought any kind of credit upon herself that would indicate she was a good candidate for higher office.  Merely warming the seat is how we got Obama, because he didn't do anything of note either.

Both appointments were made for reasons other than skills, qualifications or talent. Both were unearned.

In fact is she's uniquely unqualified for either of those positions.  A quick glance at her record and its clear we were saved from President Hillary by an act of Providence.