Author Topic: Judge May Keep Sheriff Joe Conviction Despite Trump Pardon  (Read 6482 times)

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: Judge May Keep Sheriff Joe Conviction Despite Trump Pardon
« Reply #75 on: September 19, 2017, 12:39:58 am »
That has nothing to do with this lawless Sheriff or the inexplicable support for his lawless behavior.

Sheriff's are the law in their county.  If he was so lawless why did they o my get him on a political witch hunt.

Shuudap if that's all you got.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #76 on: September 19, 2017, 12:41:15 am »
That has nothing to do with this lawless Sheriff or the inexplicable support for his lawless behavior.

"lawless" Really. I never thought I would ever hear a Liberal Democrat talking about 'Law'.

You are amazing. Your blinders, I could never ware them. But they suit you. Carry on my brother.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #77 on: September 19, 2017, 12:43:05 am »

New York lawyers don't dictate to Arizona Sheriffs.  We're funny that way. Deal with it.

Let me know if anybody you know personally gets murdered by illegals, as I have.  Until then you are nothing but the peanut gallery.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #78 on: September 19, 2017, 12:43:16 am »
Bottom line on this entire thread:

- A federal judge made a ruling on the Sheriff.

- A President pardoned the Sheriff as per his prerogative as per Constitution.  In almost all cases of Presidential pardons, this should end any further legal activity.

- The judge is pissed off as he/she/it was over-ruled and decided to 'take matters into his/her/its own hands', regardless of the Constitution.  He/she/it declares the matter is not over until 'he/she/it says it is over'.

- This is NOT the Supreme Court deciding this , it is a minor federal judge.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Oceander

« Reply #79 on: September 19, 2017, 12:45:17 am »
Apparently its explicable to all but you and one or two other dead enders.

It's pretty explicable, and pretty sordid:  you don't really care for the rule of law or the Constitution, you just want a bully on your side who'll trash people the way a liberal trashes people. 

Arpaio broke the law, plain and simple, and bragged about it.  If he was a liberal LEO, y'all would be shrieking to the rafters about rule of law and corruption.  But he's a bleep, so he's next in line for sainthood, not despite his breaking the law, but because he broke the law. 

Oceander

« Reply #80 on: September 19, 2017, 12:46:27 am »
Bottom line on this entire thread:

- A federal judge made a ruling on the Sheriff.

- A President pardoned the Sheriff as per his prerogative as per Constitution.  In almost all cases of Presidential pardons, this should end any further legal activity.

- The judge is pissed off as he/she/it was over-ruled and decided to 'take matters into his/her/its own hands', regardless of the Constitution.  He/she/it declares the matter is not over until 'he/she/it says it is over'.

- This is NOT the Supreme Court deciding this , it is a minor federal judge.

Then take it up with the appeals court!!!   Geez Louise!  That's what courts of appeal are there for: to check the excesses of the lower courts (in part).

« Reply #81 on: September 19, 2017, 12:46:57 am »
Are you again arguing that the legal system was NOT duly executed as per Constitution?

You are no better than a pissed off judge.  The man was PARDONED, yet you continue to restate some type of lawlessness is still present. IT IS NOT.  IT IS OVER
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #82 on: September 19, 2017, 12:47:37 am »
It's pretty explicable, and pretty sordid:  you don't really care for the rule of law or the Constitution, you just want a bully on your side who'll trash people the way a liberal trashes people. 

Arpaio broke the law, plain and simple, and bragged about it.  If he was a liberal LEO, y'all would be shrieking to the rafters about rule of law and corruption.  But he's a bleep, so he's next in line for sainthood, not despite his breaking the law, but because he broke the law.

How did he break the law?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #83 on: September 19, 2017, 12:49:59 am »
Then take it up with the appeals court!!!   Geez Louise!  That's what courts of appeal are there for: to check the excesses of the lower courts (in part).

Are you willing to take the case pro bono?  No?  Then STFU.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

« Reply #84 on: September 19, 2017, 12:50:59 am »

One more time for those dense idiots out there.

IT IS OVER.

Go on the Hillary book tour if you wish to continue to pound this.  You and she are two of a kind.

Oceander

« Reply #85 on: September 19, 2017, 12:52:31 am »
Are you again arguing that the legal system was NOT duly executed as per Constitution?

You are no better than a pissed off judge.  The man was PARDONED, yet you continue to restate some type of lawlessness is still present. IT IS NOT.  IT IS OVER

You don't read very well, do you?  The issue is what are all the collateral consequences of a pardon, including whether the underlying conviction must be wiped out as if it never happened or not.

None of that is explicit just within the word "pardon" or the Constitution and therefore it must be interpreted.  In the first instance, the judge to do that would be this judge.  If Arpaio isn't happy with the result, then he can appeal that decision. 

If it's as clear and black-and-white as you say, then the court of appeals should have no problem summarily undoing this judges decision. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #86 on: September 19, 2017, 12:53:30 am »
How did he break the law?

Doesn't matter to the lawyer.  Let the defendant blow all the money he has to prove his innocence.  Easy Peasy to the lawyer, who collects the money.  The sky's the limit.

In case anybody is paying the least amount of attention, this Sheriff is not wealthy, and is not getting outside cash, like a Clinton.
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #87 on: September 19, 2017, 12:54:17 am »
You don't read very well, do you?  The issue is what are all the collateral consequences of a pardon, including whether the underlying conviction must be wiped out as if it never happened or not.

None of that is explicit just within the word "pardon" or the Constitution and therefore it must be interpreted.  In the first instance, the judge to do that would be this judge.  If Arpaio isn't happy with the result, then he can appeal that decision. 

If it's as clear and black-and-white as you say, then the court of appeals should have no problem summarily undoing this judges decision.

You are the one not paying attention.
I will NOT comply.

Oceander

« Reply #88 on: September 19, 2017, 12:56:29 am »
Are you willing to take the case pro bono?  No?  Then STFU.

GFYS

Why should I bother helping some lawless jackass?  He got less than he deserved.

Oceander

« Reply #89 on: September 19, 2017, 12:57:42 am »
Doesn't matter to the lawyer.  Let the defendant blow all the money he has to prove his innocence.  Easy Peasy to the lawyer, who collects the money.  The sky's the limit.

In case anybody is paying the least amount of attention, this Sheriff is not wealthy, and is not getting outside cash, like a Clinton.

Uh, a pardon is predicated on guilt, not innocence.  And courts have held that acceptance of a pardon is an implicit admission of guilt. 

Oceander

« Reply #90 on: September 19, 2017, 12:58:46 am »
Apparently one doesn't have to go too far to find Antifa.  They're right here. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #91 on: September 19, 2017, 12:59:09 am »
GFYS

Why should I bother helping some lawless jackass?  He got less than he deserved.

Lawyers are famous, in their own minds, for being able to take any side on an argument.  You failed.  Other than the post you just answered, you haven't read a goddammed word I wrote.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 01:02:50 am by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #92 on: September 19, 2017, 01:03:45 am »
GFYS

Why cause he was trying to stop illegals? 

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #93 on: September 19, 2017, 01:09:11 am »
Google it yourself.
BoP on you.

You get called on it and can't deliver.

Got it.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #94 on: September 19, 2017, 01:10:11 am »
There are a multitude of articles on it.  Do a google.

Google yields not a thing supporting that claim.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #95 on: September 19, 2017, 01:10:20 am »
Why cause he was trying to stop illegals?

New York lawyers love illegals.  Illegals don't kill their loved ones.  Just ours.
I will NOT comply.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #96 on: September 19, 2017, 01:12:18 am »

Then you're doing it wrong. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #97 on: September 19, 2017, 01:12:36 am »

Well then, Sheriff Arpaio has no court date.  I guess we were all wrong. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #98 on: September 19, 2017, 01:14:53 am »

Only because in nearly every other case of Presidential pardons, the judicial process is allowed to proceed, with the pardon to follow.  Don't blame anyone else if Trump made a special case.
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #99 on: September 19, 2017, 01:15:53 am »

:thumbsup:
+++++++++