Author Topic: Top 10 reasons to AVOID drinking U.S. tap water at all costs  (Read 923 times)

rangerrebew

Top 10 reasons to AVOID drinking U.S. tap water at all costs
« on: September 16, 2017, 01:07:35 pm »
Top 10 reasons to AVOID drinking U.S. tap water at all costs

Thursday, September 14, 2017 by: S.D. Wells   

(Natural News) Some of us have done it our whole lives. We grab a glass or cup from the kitchen cabinet and go straight to the sink faucet or refrigerator dispenser, fill it with water, and then drink it without giving it a single thought. We fill entire pitchers with tap water and add tea mix, lemonade mix, powdered drink mixes for the kids, or we make our coffee with it. Millions of Americans use those pitchers that have cheap little filters in them that do next to nothing to filter out toxins, despite their product claims. Boiling the water doesn’t help cleanse it enough either.

https://www.naturalnews.com/2017-09-14-top-10-reasons-to-avoid-drinking-u-s-tap-water-at-all-costs.html

Offline jpsb

Re: Top 10 reasons to AVOID drinking U.S. tap water at all costs
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2017, 01:39:00 pm »
Love my Big Berkey

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2017, 07:27:11 pm »
When I was little I drank water from the tap, from vinyl and rubber hoses in yards and the taste never bothered me, then one day I got some water from the tap and gagged. I had a reverse osmosis system for years and only drank water from that, now I'm reduced to buying bottled water. I have to be awful thirsty to drink any unfiltered water.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2017, 07:56:00 pm »
I read a story about 15 years ago about a small town in Kentucky or someplace similar. 

For months people were finding white stringy stuff clogging their coffee pots and water heaters.  Then there was the grainy dirt like material in the water.

The city had put a new sewer pipe in.  The workman mistakenly connected the sewer pipe to a water pipe.

The white stringy stuff was toilet paper.  The grainy stuff....well you can guess.

I've also seen normal water pipes half full of muck.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2017, 09:32:13 pm »
I read a story about 15 years ago about a small town in Kentucky or someplace similar. 

For months people were finding white stringy stuff clogging their coffee pots and water heaters.  Then there was the grainy dirt like material in the water.

The city had put a new sewer pipe in.  The workman mistakenly connected the sewer pipe to a water pipe.

The white stringy stuff was toilet paper.  The grainy stuff....well you can guess.

I've also seen normal water pipes half full of muck.

That cross connection stuff happens more than people would think.

Also, remember the guy in Louisiana that got the brain eating amoeba disease from municipal water?

I'm happy to be on deep well.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2017, 10:16:22 pm »
Love my Big Berkey

Berkeys are great but the filters can be broken pretty easily if you move them much.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2017, 10:42:31 pm »
Love my Big Berkey

I have a berky for my hurricane preps.  Haven't really used it.  Want to get some new filters.  Mine are the old style
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2017, 11:48:24 pm »
Maybe the article is correct, I'm not disputing that but I rode a charitable bike ride and the organization proudly handed out the local tap water and said it was okay.

I'm sure one can find pros and cons for both sides. Yes, I do have some water filters as well.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2017, 05:33:02 am »
Where I live, the tap water is fine. Been drinking it for years and never had any problems with it. 

Now one of my closest friends lives in Pittsburgh.  Every so often, a boil water advisory is issued.   Just had an advisory issued last week. The water system in the city is ancient, but the Democratic moonbat mayor would rather spend tax dollars on bike lanes than on upgrading the water system.  Bike lanes are more important than the safety and well being of the residents.