Author Topic: Ben Shapiro’s Answer To Student’s Abortion Question Is Epic  (Read 5457 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: Ben Shapiro’s Answer To Student’s Abortion Question Is Epic
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2017, 03:53:18 am »
Maybe so, maybe so.  There are worse things to worry about.

Actually, no. If the most innocent among us are not safe, neither are you.

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2017, 03:54:15 am »
Do you support welfare?  Will you pay to support the children you will force these irresponsible people to have?

I didn't think so.

see above.  Try again genius.
God is still in control

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2017, 03:54:41 am »
I have adopted 2 children in addition to my 2 biologic children so sing your song elsewhere, I have put my money time and heart into helping such children

No one forces anyone to have children, it is well known how pregnancy occurs and how to avoid it.  I am all for supplying the material needs of underprivileged children and regularly donate to charities that do just that. I am not for giving welfare queens cash for spitting out children that they spend on everything BUT the child it is intended for.

Thank you, madam.  This is the face of conservatism.

Oceander

« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2017, 03:55:24 am »
I have adopted 2 children in addition to my 2 biologic children so sing your song elsewhere, I have put my money time and heart into helping such children

No one forces anyone to have children, it is well known how pregnancy occurs and how to avoid it.  I am all for supplying the material needs of underprivileged children and regularly donate to charities that do just that. I am not for giving welfare queens cash for spitting out children that they spend on everything BUT the child it is intended for.

So, if you have made the subjective determination that the mother is a welfare slut, then you'll let her kids die in the gutter. 

Very holy of you. 

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2017, 03:59:06 am »
So, if you have made the subjective determination that the mother is a welfare slut, then you'll let her kids die in the gutter. 

Very holy of you.

*****rollingeyes*****

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2017, 03:59:07 am »

Very holy of you.

You are getting further and further out.  I never said I would let children die in the gutter.  I said I support programs and charities that provide for the actual needs of the child, not give cash to the mother.  It must be tiring reaching as far as you do to cast aspersions.  I pity your amorality and lack of concern for the smallest and weakest among us. It will cost you dearly some day, just as the cheapening of life has cost all in our society.
God is still in control

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2017, 04:00:37 am »
If abortion is a sin, then that is a matter strictly between the mother, the doctor, and God.  There are none of the wider social dangers that are associated with murder and that make murder a fit subject for prohibition by Caesar (i.e., secular law).  Unless and until society has the technology and the will to take over the gestation and raising of the child, society has no business attempting to prohibit abortion and only the right to ensure that the doctor is medically qualified and the operating facilities up to snuff.

FIFTY MILLION human lives extinguished is not a social danger?
Wow.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 04:01:11 am by roamer_1 »

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2017, 04:03:35 am »
FIFTY MILLION human lives extinguished is not a social danger?
Wow.

Actually, what he's suggesting is that 50,000,000 human lives aren't worth losing votes over.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2017, 04:05:03 am »
Actually, what he's suggesting is that 50,000,000 human lives aren't worth losing votes over.

The paucity of thought in that leaves me incredulous.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2017, 04:10:20 am »

Very holy of you.

Argued like a true leftist.

I have no idea why you don't get along better with the Trump supporters. You have a lot in common with them.
Let it burn.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2017, 04:19:58 am »

And yet, here it is:

No, because that doesn't differentiate aborting a fetus from killing an adult.

And now I'm going to let the pointless sound and fury wash over because the simple fact of the matter is that abortion will never, ever, ever, ever (say it as many times as you have breath) be illegal again in this country and all you do by trying to ignore that reality is alienate people whose support on other issues you need.  It's a stupid, pointless exercise that achieves nothing other than giving more support, not less, to the liberals.  It drives off moderates and independents and splits the GOP to no good advantage. 

Now let the flaming commence.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2017, 04:35:46 am »
Flame on folks, flame on.  Y'all make Don Quixote look practical and pragmatic by comparison.
There are none of the wider social dangers that are associated with murder and that make murder a fit subject for prohibition

There is something here that speaks of something that is of a highly personal instance in your life. You have answered none of my questions, or those of others.

I, my family, is currently dealing with a medical emergency, and while I was putting a ham in the oven, the word pragmatism came into my mind.  There is a personal angst that drives your thought process here. I mean no criticism to you personally. I am suggesting there is something else going on that is jading you. You have windmills on your mind. Aimlessly turning turning turning while you yourself stilt against that uselessness. That you are speaking out now tells me you need to get some things off your chest.  Get on it. Fire away. Fire for effect. And after. I'll be here as your friend. There is a flame in my heart and I now gently blow its warmth to you like a cold water morning bitch slap.  ^-^
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2017, 11:30:36 pm »
Fishrrman's credo:
Reality is what it is. It is not what we believe it to be.

Roe v. Wade ain't goin' nowhere, and abortion in America will never be outlawed.

Even a Supreme Court with 8 conservative justices would not touch it now. They might fulminate, grumble and groan, and produce some interesting concurring opinions, but in the end, they'll leave it be. Sumthin' called "stare decisis" and all that...

Another thought:
Want to see the left come back a-roarin' into power? Repeal Roe, then stand back and watch it happen.

Final thought:
A court can't "decide" a case until the case comes before it.
No case = no decision.

"What the heck does that mean?", you're thinkin'.

If a case appears with the potential that it might reach the Supreme Court and overturn Roe, the left would do whatever was required to prevent that case from reaching the Court to be heard.

Again, you're thinking "how could they even -do- that?"

There are a lot of short memories around here, but I remember the case of Taxman v. Piscataway School Board (or named very close to that).

Background:
Sharon Taxman was a teacher in Piscataway, New Jersey, who was passed over for a position in favor of a black woman. She was told point blank that she lost out because she was white and the other person was black.

Taxman sued.

The case moved up through the court system, and was all set to be heard by the U.S. Supreme Court. Taxman's lawyer had already gone out and spent $2,000 on a new suit just for the oral arguments.

This was as "cold a case" for ending affirmative action as will ever come before the Supreme Court. Nearly everyone familiar with it knew this, and there was little doubt about how the Court would decide, because the facts were so plain and unambiguous.

But... the Taxman case never reached the Court for oral arguments. No decision was rendered.

With but a few weeks left, civil rights groups offered a payoff to Taxman of $480,000. Apparently Taxman found the money more tempting than the principle of her argument.
She took the payoff, and withdrew her case from the Court.
This was the ONLY way the left was going to win... to buy her out.

So why did I go through telling you this?

Because faced with a case that could overturn Roe the left would do whatever necessary to similarly prevent that case from reaching the Supreme Court.

They would use money, influence, even sacrifice one or more states to a "no-abortion" status, rather than put the issue up-for-risk nationally.

So again... don't expect to see any cases work upward through the courts with the potential to overturn Roe. Those "fires" will be "extinguished locally", so to speak...
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 11:33:31 pm by Fishrrman »

Silver Pines

« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2017, 12:02:11 am »

And now I'm going to let the pointless sound and fury wash over because the simple fact of the matter is that abortion will never, ever, ever, ever (say it as many times as you have breath) be illegal again in this country and all you do by trying to ignore that reality is alienate people whose support on other issues you need.  It's a stupid, pointless exercise that achieves nothing other than giving more support, not less, to the liberals.  It drives off moderates and independents and splits the GOP to no good advantage. 

@Oceander

I'm not going to flame you. 

I believe in God, and that some things are more important than politics.  The taking of innocent life is one of those things.  There's no way I can back off that stance for political expediency, and if people are driven away, let 'em go.

Silver Pines

« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2017, 12:05:45 am »
No flaming....I will never give up hoping/praying for an end to the murder of unborn babies...I believe in miracles. I also believe the majority of Americans think as I do...so there is hope that someday it will stop.

Several years ago I had a local Dem politician walking the neighborhood asking for votes...He knocked on my door and introduced himself....I said "I would never vote for a person who believes in abortion"..his answer was "I don't".....I laughed in his face and replied "but you do, that is on the Dems's platform that is what they support so being a Dem you support it too!"......the look on his face was priceless. I didn't change his party affiliation but I made my point.

@mystery-ak

But you might have made him think.  Maybe you planted a seed in his conscience that will take root.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2017, 12:09:00 am »
@mystery-ak

But you might have made him think.  Maybe you planted a seed in his conscience that will take root.

That is exactly what I prayed for.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2017, 12:16:05 am »
Suit yourselves.  Abortion will always be legal.
There are many things which are legal but not moral, simply not right. If legality is what steers your moral compass, you might not end up where you think you are going.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2017, 12:20:11 am »
Yeah. That's 50,000,000 votes someone won't get.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Silver Pines

« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2017, 12:32:04 am »
That is exactly what I prayed for.

@RoosGirl

I'll do that with you.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2017, 01:19:40 am »

There is no justification for not allowing the life for the most innocent of this world.

Those who think otherwise need to go find another party that has that type of immorality.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2017, 01:25:22 am »
If abortion is a sin, then that is a matter strictly between the mother, the doctor, and God.  There are none of the wider social dangers that are associated with murder and that make murder a fit subject for prohibition by Caesar (i.e., secular law).  Unless and until society has the technology and the will to take over the gestation and raising of the child, society has no business attempting to prohibit abortion and only the right to ensure that the doctor is medically qualified and the operating facilities up to snuff.
A disdainful litany by a lawyer.  Who would have thunk?

Your bottom line:  it is a hunk of tissue.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline skeeter

« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2017, 01:30:14 am »
@Oceander

I'm not going to flame you. 

I believe in God, and that some things are more important than politics.  The taking of innocent life is one of those things.  There's no way I can back off that stance for political expediency, and if people are driven away, let 'em go.

QFT

« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2017, 01:55:52 am »
Interesting dialogue on the minds of liberals like the one exposed in this thread

Secularist Dogmas That Live Loudly Within Lefties
Yet nothing is more superstitious and irrational than modern liberalism. The post-Christian culture into which it has plunged America is overflowing with Sally Quinns, dabbling with this or that kookish fad. Since Feinstein’s outburst of anti-Catholic bigotry, liberals have been circling the wagons. Somber, learned-sounding articles have appeared, arguing that Feinstein was right to probe the Catholicism of Trump’s nominee.

The presumption of these articles is enormous, as if the Constitution were written by secularists for secularists. In fact, as many of the founding fathers explained, the Constitution was written for a “Christian people” and they correctly surmised it wouldn’t survive the dissolution of Christianity. The left’s anti-constitution, the so-called “living constitution” which Feinstein was in effect demanding that Amy Coney Barret uphold, represents the fulfillment of the founders’ fears.

The destruction of constitutional jurisprudence has come not at the hands of Christians but from judicial activists in whom the secularist, anti-Christian ethos lives loudly — the kind of justices who used to turn up at the dinner parties of Sally Quinn.

https://spectator.org/secularist-dogmas-that-live-loudly-within-lefties/

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2017, 04:17:36 pm »
Suit yourselves.  Abortion will always be legal.

Now there's an interesting choice of word, considering that the abortion right is not even remotely based upon law but instead based upon the tyranny of people wearing black robes.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2017, 04:26:07 pm »
It need not be legal in every state or every county or every jurisdiction. In fact, I think county wise, it's only performed in a small percentage of counties in the US.