Author Topic: Scientists: Future of oldest tree species on Earth in peril  (Read 589 times)

rangerrebew

Scientists: Future of oldest tree species on Earth in peril
« on: September 15, 2017, 08:42:17 am »
[Associated Press]
SCOTT SMITH
Associated PressSeptember 13, 2017

FRESNO, Calif. (AP) — The bristlecone pine tree, famous for its wind-beaten, gnarly limbs and having the longest lifespan on Earth, is losing a race to the top of mountains throughout the Western United States, putting future generations in peril, researchers said Wednesday.

Driven by climate change, a cousin of the tree, the limber pine, is leapfrogging up mountainsides, taking root in warmer, more favorable temperatures and leaving little room for the late-coming bristlecone, a study finds.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/scientists-future-oldest-tree-species-earth-peril-001152707.html

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Scientists: Future of oldest tree species on Earth in peril
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017, 08:47:03 am »
[Associated Press]
SCOTT SMITH
Associated PressSeptember 13, 2017

FRESNO, Calif. (AP) — The bristlecone pine tree, famous for its wind-beaten, gnarly limbs and having the longest lifespan on Earth, is losing a race to the top of mountains throughout the Western United States, putting future generations in peril, researchers said Wednesday.

Driven by climate change, a cousin of the tree, the limber pine, is leapfrogging up mountainsides, taking root in warmer, more favorable temperatures and leaving little room for the late-coming bristlecone, a study finds.

Gawd, I hate enviro-whackos.  "Naturally occurring climate change" has been going on for billions of years and the earth's history is littered with extinct species of plants and animals from that  Wish liberals would be the next ones.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2017, 11:18:29 pm »
RIP bristlecone.  BFD.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2017, 11:30:05 pm »
Limber Pine ain't here. Bristlecone is. So...

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2017, 02:09:34 am »
Survival of the fittest

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2017, 04:16:48 am »
Limber Pine ain't here. Bristlecone is. So...
It's mostly a question of where they count what they count and how many they expected to see, I believe.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2017, 04:20:04 am »
It's mostly a question of where they count what they count and how many they expected to see, I believe.

Yeah... Like Timber wolves. *spit*

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2017, 04:33:26 am »
Yeah... Like Timber wolves. *spit*
SSS SSDD Don't forget the lynxes...the great Lynx fur roundup.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis