Author Topic: Middle school football coach fired for asking players not to use n-word  (Read 508 times)

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
A middle school football coach has lost his job after confronting players who used derogatory language to address each other.

Thomas Davis, the former assistant football coach at Mesa Middle School in Roswell, N.M., said he was fired after he tried to stop teammates from calling each other the n-word during and after a football game.

“I did what I’ve been trained to do, corral the incident. If you’re not head in charge you take it to the people in charge and let them handle it and that’s exactly what I did,” Davis told KRQE.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/football-coach-fired-players-not-n-word-article-1.3495690

Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Re: Middle school football coach fired for asking players not to use n-word
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2017, 05:36:41 pm »
The pair then began brawling, which is what reportedly led to Davis’ dismissal from Mesa.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2017, 01:36:49 am »
The pair then began brawling, which is what reportedly led to Davis’ dismissal from Mesa.

The coaches started brawling?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline endicom

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2017, 02:00:05 am »
He would eventually have been in trouble for allowing it. Can't win.