Author Topic: BREAKING: Hearing Protection Act Moves Up  (Read 2065 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
BREAKING: Hearing Protection Act Moves Up
« on: September 14, 2017, 01:26:52 pm »
TheFirearmBlog by Nathaniel F 9/13/2017

BREAKING: Hearing Protection Act Moves Up, Hope for Saigas, Veprs, and 7N6, and No More Armor Piercing Bans? – H.R. 3668 SHARE Act

The effort to deregulate of silencers has reached an important milestone: The Hearing Protection Act has made it out of committee, and been incorporated as part of another larger bill. House Resolution 3668 – the Sportsmen Heritage and Recreational Enhancement (SHARE) Act – has been introduced to the House floor with a new subsection, Title XV, Hearing Protection. The new subsection provides for the change in classification of silencers from NFA items to standard firearms such as long guns, just like the HPA. Its text is reproduced at the bottom of this post.

Also included in the SHARE Act is another subsection, Title XVI, which, among other things, would allow the importation of any firearm or ammunition legal for sale in the US, and prevent the classification of common rifle ammunition as “armor piercing” pistol ammunition by the ATF. This subsection also includes provisions to ease importation of weapons for the purposes of experimentation, personal weapons being re-imported from other countries, and curios. It also includes a provision to protect shotguns from being classified as destructive devices, even if they are not considered “sporting” weapons. Finally, the subsection includes a provision to further protect the temporary transfer of lawful firearms across state lines, by removing the “sporting purposes” proviso from Title 18, 922(a)(5)(B), (a)(9), and (b)(3)(B).

More: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/09/13/breaking-hearing-protection-act-moves-hope-saigas-veprs-7n6-no-armor-piercing-bans-h-r-3668-share-act/

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: BREAKING: Hearing Protection Act Moves Up
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2017, 01:29:15 pm »
Saw a couple guys at the range with suppressors on their AR-15s.     Not really all that quiet but it was better. 
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline thackney

« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 01:34:47 pm by thackney »
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline thackney

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2017, 01:35:30 pm »
Saw a couple guys at the range with suppressors on their AR-15s.     Not really all that quiet but it was better.

Which is why the name silencer and the movies is so misleading.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2017, 01:37:58 pm »
I've not been protective with my ears. I've only used hearing protection at the range, but not out in the woods. So I've kept barrel lengths on the long side on all my rifles.
Now I have a 10" .22 Hornet barrel for my contender and I never shoot it without hearing protection. A suppressor would be a very welcome addition to that barrel.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2017, 02:20:13 pm »
If this goes through I might have to consider getting a threaded barrel for my Sig.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!