Author Topic: China Unveils Physics-Defying Engine for Deep Space Exploration  (Read 1073 times)

Offline kevindavis007

China Unveils Physics-Defying Engine for Deep Space Exploration
« on: September 13, 2017, 11:54:21 pm »

Chinese scientists claim they have developed a working model of a microwave engine, which defies the laws of conventional physics, CCTV-2 reported.

The TV channel provided no details of the EmDrive microwave engine, saying only that it would soon be tested in space.

The EmDrive is built around a microwave-generating magnetron and a resonator, which accumulates the energy of their fluctuations. This generates thrust, which can’t be explained by the conventional energy conservation law.

Read More: http://www.isn-news.net/2017/09/china-unveils-physics-defying-engine.html
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: China Unveils Physics-Defying Engine for Deep Space Exploration
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 11:57:29 pm »
All well and good. But, can it cook?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2017, 02:26:14 am »

https://www.digitaltrends.com/cool-tech/emdrive-news-rumors/

Here’s the 411 on the EmDrive: the ‘physics-defying’ thruster even NASA is puzzled over
A leaked NASA paper points to a working EmDrive

Even if you don’t keep up with developments in space propulsion technology, you’ve still probably heard about the EmDrive. You’ve probably seen headlines declaring it the key to interstellar travel, and claims that it will drastically reduce travel time across our solar system, making our dreams of people walking on other planets even more of a reality. There have even been claims that this highly controversial technology is the key to creating warp drives.

These are bold claims, and as the great cosmologist and astrophysicist Carl Sagan once said, “extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.” With that in mind, we thought it’d be helpful to break down what we know about the enigmatic EmDrive, and whether it is, in fact, the key to mankind exploring the stars.

So without further ado, here’s absolutely everything you need to know about the world’s most puzzling propulsion device.

This article is periodically updated in response to news and developments regarding the EM Drive and the theories surrounding it.

A new, leaked NASA paper points to potentially working EmDrive

A leaked NASA paper obtained by the International Business Times via a post by a user on the NASA Spaceflight forums. The post was originally deleted by the forum’s moderators, however, the document has since been posted and remains currently viewable here. The paper is ostensibly the same that was discussed earlier in the year (reported below). The information in the paper clearly points to a working version of the EmDrive, and while it’s yet to be published, it is still set to run in the Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics’ scientific journal, AIAA Journal of Propulsion and Power.

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2017, 09:00:23 pm »
All well and good. But, can it cook?

And wouldn't a crock pot engine be more practical for long deep-space travel?
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2017, 01:11:42 am »
And wouldn't a crock pot engine be more practical for long deep-space travel?

I would definitely think so. They can take my wife as chief engineer. She knows a crock when she sees one.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2017, 01:25:43 am »
Hard to believe since they still routinely swipe electronic gadgets, copy them and sell them as originals.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 01:25:59 am by RoosGirl »

Offline Joe Wooten

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2017, 03:30:47 am »
Chinese scientists claim they have developed a working model of a microwave engine, which defies the laws of conventional physics, CCTV-2 reported.

The TV channel provided no details of the EmDrive microwave engine, saying only that it would soon be tested in space.

The EmDrive is built around a microwave-generating magnetron and a resonator, which accumulates the energy of their fluctuations. This generates thrust, which can’t be explained by the conventional energy conservation law.

Read More: http://www.isn-news.net/2017/09/china-unveils-physics-defying-engine.html

Riiiiigggghhhhtttt!
This from a nation that tell everyone they train 330000 engineers a year......
Counting auto/diesel mechanics, I&C technicians, electricians, heavy equipment operators, and surveyors as engineers......