Author Topic: In Surprise Vote, House Passes Amendment to Restrict Asset Forfeiture  (Read 1241 times)

Offline the_doc

Re: In Surprise Vote, House Passes Amendment to Restrict Asset Forfeiture
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2017, 09:50:52 pm »
Sessions' error is far too destructive to our basic constitutional rights to forgive due to his other perceived good deeds. This is toxic to our core as a country.

I agree.  Sessions's perceived good deeds are part of the dangerous fog of the war that we are in.  Without Sessions fully realizing it, he is suckering conservatives with a wink and a nod. 

We cannot keep compromising with the phony conservatives who arrogantly presume that they are wiser than our Framers.  With all due respect to @massadvj , I think pragmatic compromises will inevitably add up to disaster unless we start vigorously opposing guys exactly like Sessions.

We have to be supremely, exactingly jealous for our Constitution.  Nothing less will keep us safe.  I will therefore say I hope Trump eventually fires Sessions.  (Unfortunately, even Trump likes seizures of civilian property for less than Constitutionally proper reasons.)