Author Topic: Beware greens’ scaremongering  (Read 292 times)

rangerrebew

Beware greens’ scaremongering
« on: September 13, 2017, 02:38:47 pm »

Beware greens’ scaremongering

Ben Pile
writer and researcher

Extreme weather is less of a threat than it ever has been.
W

12 September 2017

hen Hurricane Harvey landed on Texas, it marked the end of a 12-year lull in major hurricanes hitting the US. This period – which also featured a long ‘hiatus’ in global warming, the failure of ice-free Arctic predictions and the growth of polar-bear populations – had long vexed green doomsayers. Harvey, then, came as a great relief to climate alarmists, as though a 12-year-long bout of disaster constipation had been followed by an acute case of explosive, catastrophist diarrhoea. Mother Nature had once again unleashed her wrath on the home of Big Oil.

http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/article/beware-greens-exploiting-hurricanes/20306#.WblC3tGQywX

Offline goatprairie

Re: Beware greens’ scaremongering
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 04:23:01 pm »
As far as global warming where I live most of the year, Wisconsin,  I can only say BRING IT ON!!! Winter temps in the northern U.S. have warmed since the late seventies, but it's still not good enough for me.
Far more people up here have been killed by cold weather than they have by hot weather. Every winter traveling up here is potentially extremely dangerous.
Having a car breakdown on an isolated road in winter here is always a potentially fatal experience. People whose cars crash into rivers or lakes almost always die from the cold water as their limbs become too cold to function after a minute or two and they drown.
So to cut down on weather-related  i.e. cold weather deaths  I say BRING ON THE WARMER WEATHER.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 04:26:14 pm by goatprairie »