Author Topic: A Nobel Peace Prize Winner’s Shame  (Read 1843 times)

rangerrebew

A Nobel Peace Prize Winner’s Shame
« on: September 12, 2017, 12:15:08 pm »
A Nobel Peace Prize Winner’s Shame

By NICHOLAS KRISTOF
SEPT. 9, 2017

Aung San Suu Kyi, a beloved Nobel Peace Prize winner, is presiding over an ethnic cleansing in which villages are burned, women raped and children butchered.

For the last three weeks, Buddhist-majority Myanmar has systematically slaughtered civilians belonging to the Rohingya Muslim minority, forcing 270,000 to flee to neighboring Bangladesh — with Myanmar soldiers shooting at them even as they cross the border.

“The Buddhists are killing us with bullets,” Noor Symon, a woman carrying her son, told a Times reporter. “They burned houses and tried to shoot us. They killed my husband by bullet.”

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/09/09/opinion/kristof-nobel-prize-aung-san-suu-kyi-shame.html?rref=collection%2Fsectioncollection%2Fopinion
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 12:15:40 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline mountaineer

Re: A Nobel Peace Prize Winner’s Shame
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 01:11:45 pm »
Shouldn't the Nobel prize committee be ashamed?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 11:18:44 pm »
I don't think we are getting anything close to the full story.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 12:38:32 am »
I don't think we are getting anything close to the full story.

If you manage to piss off the Buddhists to the point they are slaughtering your dumbasses you deserve it.

Here: The government blames Rohingya insurgents and their sympathizers for the continuing violence.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 01:35:28 am »
Before going further, consider the source of this article.

Myanmar -- just as Serbia in the 1990's -- is showing how a population that cares about its national/cultural/religious identity must deal with islam if it wishes to survive.

Quite frankly, this is what "ethnic cleansing" is.
Unpalatable?  Yes.
Necessary?  Yes to that, too.
...If you want to remain non-dhimmi in your own land, that is.

Before you attack me for saying this, do you not remember that Western Europe did as much, or more, in expelling muslims from their lands centuries ago?

Why do you think Western Europe -IS- "Western Europe" today?
Because they had the will to do some "cleansing" in pre-Renaissance times, and had men like Charles Martel and Vlad Tepes to get it done.

It's only because they are unwilling to repeat the lessons of their history, that the white/Christian Europeans will once again become... dhimmis.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2017, 02:04:58 am »
If one wishes to really read up more on all of this, one might try that "Gates of Vienna" blog, I thought it was a bit over the top but I'm willing to give the situation some leeway. One might also check "similar" types of blogs, Jihad Watch and so on.

Bangladesh from all I can see, is one very turbulent country and this is where these people seem to have roots from.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2017, 02:26:08 am »
It does show a bit how everywhere with a "sizeable" Muslim population has these kinds of problems and compared with the ol' dominoe theory on SE Asia in the 1960s, really, this happens in Myanmar and then,  it might not be for decades but we might see this in Thailand and so on.

Indonesia use to be relatively peaceful but they now, have to deal with some of this. For some reason, Malaysia for the timebeing is peaceful. Both of these are nations where the largest religion is Muslim but you do have these problems even in the Philippines. It's a menace.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2017, 02:33:54 am »
It does show a bit how everywhere with a "sizeable" Muslim population has these kinds of problems and compared with the ol' dominoe theory on SE Asia in the 1960s, really, this happens in Myanmar and then,  it might not be for decades but we might see this in Thailand and so on.

Indonesia use to be relatively peaceful but they now, have to deal with some of this. For some reason, Malaysia for the timebeing is peaceful. Both of these are nations where the largest religion is Muslim but you do have these problems even in the Philippines. It's a menace.

islam is a soul killer.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2017, 02:48:18 am »
Giveadamn busted

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2017, 05:03:14 pm »
The muzzies started this crap back in the 60's...and they inflamed it with a surprise attack on outposts and are now surprised that the Buddhists have had it with their $h!t? 

Can't work up one give a damn for them.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2017, 05:16:11 pm »
Muzzies have been killing and raping for 1400 years.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline the_doc

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2017, 05:18:27 pm »

Yeah, but the Peace Prize committee (Norwegian) seems to have no shame. 

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2017, 06:06:24 pm »
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2017, 06:43:21 pm »
Yeah, but the Peace Prize committee (Norwegian) seems to have no shame.
Jimmy Carter, B. Hussein Obama ... yeah.

Offline the_doc

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2017, 06:47:24 pm »
Jimmy Carter, B. Hussein Obama ... yeah.

Exactly.  Also Algore.   

Wingnut

« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2017, 06:48:49 pm »
If you manage to piss off the Buddhists to the point they are slaughtering your dumbasses you deserve it.

Here: The government blames Rohingya insurgents and their sympathizers for the continuing violence.

If they are killing Muzzies I'd say Lets send the Money, Guns and Lawyers.   Go Monks!

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2017, 07:31:51 pm »
Why The West Should Do Nothing About The Rohingya Crisis In Myanmar
Media outlets weep that this is a crime against humanity, denouncing a Muslim ‘massacre’ going on in Myanmar, almost completely ignoring that this is a vicious, both-sided conflict.
By Sumantra Maitra   
September 13, 2017
. . .  Recently, violence has flared up in the northern Rakhine region of Myanmar, where government forces are battling an Islamist insurgency with the Rohingya Muslims. Needless to say, the government forces of Myanmar are extremely brutal, although in the fog of war accusations of genocide and massacres are often uncorroborated, with zero independent media sources present in the field. Nonetheless, it is an important problem, precisely because with the collapse of ISIS, Islamists are now returning back to their home countries, with a bunch now back in Philippines waging a war against the Filipino government.
The Narrative Is One-Sided

However, a quick glance through the media would show the lament of the liberal interventionist ideologues in full force, presenting a one-sided narrative of persecuted Muslims. Reality is rather more complicated. The Guardian and Al Jazeera weep that this is a crime against humanity, as CNN joins the Taliban, Turkey and Ramzan Kadyrov in denouncing “a massacre” going on in Myanmar, almost completely ignoring that this is a vicious, both-sided conflict.

The history of the Rohingya is not as one-sided as the current media portrayals suggest. The Rohingya are descendants of the Afghan Pathan and Indian Bengali Muslims from the Mughal period. The history of persecution isn’t one-sided either. The animosity goes back to the time of the last Mughals, when Shah Shuja fled to Arakan with his defeated army, then tried to take over the Arakan (Rakhine) kingdom, which was then primarily Buddhist and Hindu, in the seventeenth century.

In the nineteenth century, the British resettled hundreds of thousands of Muslims to Burma for cheap labor, destroying the delicate demographic balance in the Rakhine region. In the 1940s, there were massive anti-Buddhist violence committed by Rohingya calling themselves Mujahideens. Around 50,000 Buddhists were butchered in cyclical violence, around the same time ethnic cleansing was taking place in the great Calcutta killing. All that has resulted in a historic distrust between communities which lasts to this day, not just in Myanmar, but also in the far eastern parts of India.  ...

For liberals, though, it is all about optics. ...

That is also the same reason why San Suu Kyi, a veritable hero of democracy, suddenly is a figure of villainy.   ...
Rest of article at The Federalist

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2017, 08:02:41 pm »
Why The West Should Do Nothing About The Rohingya Crisis In Myanmar
Media outlets weep that this is a crime against humanity, denouncing a Muslim ‘massacre’ going on in Myanmar, almost completely ignoring that this is a vicious, both-sided conflict.
By Sumantra Maitra   
September 13, 2017Rest of article at The Federalist

Good find, Mountaineer.  That helps make things clearer.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2017, 12:38:18 pm »
86 Hindus killed in Rohingya jihad massacres, 200 Hindu families flee Myanmar
By Pamela Geller - on September 15, 2017

We continue to see wildly unbalanced coverage of jihadi wars and insurrections across the world. Despite the unspeakable blood and carnage shed in the cause of Islam, the media works furiously to paint Muslims as the victims. There is no better example (except for Israel) than Burma.

Why doesn’t the media ever ask, why is it that everywhere Muslims immigrate, there is conflict? The higher the population, the bigger the conflict. Why is that?

In the AP’s reportage of the Islamic terror, true to form, the AP blames the victim warning of “fear of reprisals,” beating us about the head with the Islamophobia club.

Buddhist monks have to carry guns for self-defense (there’s an oxymoronic visual for you). Think about that. Don’t buy the Muslim myth of victimhood in Burma at the hands of Buddhists. What’s comical is that Buddhism really is a religion of peace.  ...
More at Pamela Geller

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2017, 12:52:31 pm »

This is the same group that's given Obama the NPP...they have no shame.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline TomSea

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2017, 12:53:57 pm »
A genocide against Hindus apparently happened in Bangladesh in the early '70s; some troubles like that.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2017, 12:56:38 pm »
Myanmar Ambassador Rejects Allegations of Ethnic Cleansing

Aung Lynn, Myanmar's ambassador to the United States, says his nation's security forces didn't overreact in responding to attacks by Rohingya militants on August 25. Since then, nearly 390,000 Rohingya Muslims have fled to Bangladesh, as their villages have been burned and looted.

Myanmar is the victim of terrorists and "false media" reporting on the Rohingya crisis in Rakhine state, the country's ambassador to the United States told VOA.

Aung Lynn said the country's security forces didn't overreact in responding to attacks on security forces by Rohingya militants on August 25.

Continued: https://www.voanews.com/a/myanmar-ambassador-rejects-allegations-ethnic-cleansing/4029975.html

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2017, 05:18:30 pm »
What happens in Myanmar is their business.