Author Topic: GOP senators call on Bannon, Trump to lay off incumbents  (Read 7663 times)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: GOP senators call on Bannon, Trump to lay off incumbents
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2017, 05:11:38 am »
Until 'pragmatism' is soundly rejected, and the principles of Conservatism are lifted up, Loudly, proudly, and without quarter, All y'all are gonna keep getting what you're voting *for*.

MIKE DROP.

BOOOYAH!

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline aligncare

« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2017, 09:12:27 am »

I'm afraid  Cornyn, like McCain is so Entrenched, only an Act of G_d can help US now.

God was busy so he sent Trump.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2017, 10:47:21 am »
Sen. John Thune (S.D.), the No. 3 Senate Republican, added that the potential primary threats could make it harder for Republicans to hold onto their thin 52-seat majority despite a favorable 2018 map.

What does it matter whether you keep your crummy majority or not Johnny? You guys can't get out of your own way. All of you assholes should be Primaried after 2 terms in office. Considering you never had a real job in your GD entire life Johnny, maybe you should go out into the real world and find out how it works.

Amen, @Frank Cannon !!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2017, 12:11:19 pm »
I have tried my best to only vote for conservative republicans since I became a citizen, registered, and cast my first vote for Herbert Walker. I'll tell you, it's been hard letting go of my self identity as a republican.

Over the years I have been frustrated by McCain and others, especially in the senate. But, not until Trump came on the scene and had the audacity to rip the veneer from our politicians and media gatekeepers for all to see did I realize I had no choice.

It's not just about left or right anymore, it's about reining in an all powerful state and recognizing that republicans helped build this burgeoning bureaucracy.

So, I will give credit where credit is due. Worts and all, Donald Trump.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 04:35:34 pm by aligncare »

Offline Applewood

« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2017, 12:47:01 pm »
. I'll tell you, it's been hard letting go of my self identity as a republican.

The party has a hard time letting go of me.  Most of my junk mail consists of solicitations for donations to Republican candidates. 

I left in 2012 when Romney was forced on us.  Came back last year only to vote for Ted Cruz, but when he lost, I left again.  Today, I don't care who is running, I will not go back to the Republican Party.  If Cruz wants my vote for president again, he will have to run as an independent or third party.

Silver Pines

« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2017, 12:54:44 pm »
Trump has no ideology and is fine with cozying up to Democrats, especially if it gets him good press.
Republicans who won't kiss his rear are an offense to his ego, and therefore the real enemy.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2017, 02:03:58 pm »
[...] But, it wasn't until Trump came on the scene and had the audacity to rip the veneer from our politicians and media gatekeepers for all to see, did I realize I had no choice. It's not just about left or right anymore, it's about reining in an all powerful state and recognizing that republicans helped build this burgeoning bureaucracy.

Really, no offense meant @aligncare ... But if Trump showed you any damn thing... And if y'all didn't see it coming for years...

Then I encourage you to get your eyes checked.
And your ears as well, as Conservatives have been screaming it at the top of their lungs for a couple decades now.

I hit my limit a decade ago, the day Duncan Hunter withdrew, and I stepped off that Big 'R' bus. But I'd seen it coming long before then.

Silver Pines

« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2017, 02:44:15 pm »
God was busy so he sent Trump.

Troll level:  trying hard but much to learn

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2017, 02:58:06 pm »
Troll level:  trying hard but much to learn

It's obvious to me that the recent hurricanes obliterated the supply of sarcasm tags.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2017, 05:43:32 pm »
The party has a hard time letting go of me.  Most of my junk mail consists of solicitations for donations to Republican candidates. 

I left in 2012 when Romney was forced on us.  Came back last year only to vote for Ted Cruz, but when he lost, I left again.  Today, I don't care who is running, I will not go back to the Republican Party.  If Cruz wants my vote for president again, he will have to run as an independent or third party.

Peace, Applewood.  You have just accepted defeat.  Especially when you actually say you would not vote for Ted Cruz if he ran as a Republican.  I hope you're just blowing off steam with that one.

The Republican party has been a disappointment this year and they have used Trump as a foil for their stubbornness and incompetence.

But it doesn't have to stay that way.  We have a core of excellent conservatives and we can get more.  Even a few more at a time will help enormously.

Much more do-able than dreaming about a third party which you would probably become disillusioned with in 3-2-1.

That's why I'm okay with making those incumbents defend themselves and earn the nomination.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2017, 06:18:22 pm »
Today, I don't care who is running, I will not go back to the Republican Party.  If Cruz wants my vote for president again, he will have to run as an independent or third party.

Dittos and AMEN.  I'm of the same exact mindset.

The Republican Party is the party of the Oligarchy and hates Conservatives as much as or more than the Democrats do.  If Conservatism is to remain viable - it must exist outside of the corrupted party duopoly at Mordor on the Potomac.

Conservatives who want my vote need to be in a a third party or I will not vote for them while they remain in the Republican party.

Enough is enough.   I'm done and it's war. So, it's time to rescue as many from the clutches of liberals in the Republican party as possible and let the rest founder with the rest of the corrupt.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 06:19:58 pm by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2017, 06:25:07 pm »
The problem with the Republican party isn't conservatism, it is a lack thereof.
Run conservative candidates and the job would get done.
I believe they would get elected.
Tea Party did have successes, as Corbe mentioned earlier.

Cruz, Lee, and who else in the senate?
Sometimes Rubio and Paul (but Paul is more libertarian, which would still be for small Gov't )?
Outside of the freedom caucus in the house?
I remember when Paul Ryan was supposedly this great Fiscal Hawk.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2017, 06:42:49 pm »
Peace, Applewood.  You have just accepted defeat.  Especially when you actually say you would not vote for Ted Cruz if he ran as a Republican.  I hope you're just blowing off steam with that one.

The Republican party has been a disappointment this year and they have used Trump as a foil for their stubbornness and incompetence.

But it doesn't have to stay that way.  We have a core of excellent conservatives and we can get more.  Even a few more at a time will help enormously.

Much more do-able than dreaming about a third party which you would probably become disillusioned with in 3-2-1.

That's why I'm okay with making those incumbents defend themselves and earn the nomination.

Yeah, those are the ones that Trump threatened to primary.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2017, 02:57:36 am »
The only one named in the article is Flake and he seems to be a good candidate to primary.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2017, 03:00:32 am »
The only one named in the article is Flake and he seems to be a good candidate to primary.

Is Flake part of the core of excellent conservatives we have that you were talking about?

Offline bilo

« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2017, 03:38:14 am »
Trump has no ideology and is fine with cozying up to Democrats, especially if it gets him good press.
Republicans who won't kiss his rear are an offense to his ego, and therefore the real enemy.

A fair description, but Pres. Trump would sign any bill the Pubs put on his desk and call it the greatest victory ever. So why can't the Pubs take this generational opportunity and actually put the bills on the President's desk for him to sign?

I think the root of the problem is the Pub party has no discipline. There are no consequences for going against the party on major issues. I don't see the Pubs ever developing any party discipline until there are real consequences for lying to their voters and taking money from their voters on false pretenses. The only way this happens is to stop voting for the liars and cheats.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2017, 04:15:30 am »
Is Flake part of the core of excellent conservatives we have that you were talking about?

The only core that Flake is part of is that of a rotten apple in the bottom of a dumpster. He is a greasy piece of shit.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2017, 04:41:07 am »
I have tried my best to only vote for conservative republicans since I became a citizen, registered, and cast my first vote for Herbert Walker. I'll tell you, it's been hard letting go of my self identity as a republican.

Over the years I have been frustrated by McCain and others, especially in the senate. But, not until Trump came on the scene and had the audacity to rip the veneer from our politicians and media gatekeepers for all to see did I realize I had no choice.

It's not just about left or right anymore, it's about reining in an all powerful state and recognizing that republicans helped build this burgeoning bureaucracy.

Thanks for your service.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2017, 04:54:19 am »
What does it matter whether you keep your crummy majority or not Johnny?

If you think things woukd be the same with a Dem Congress....
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2017, 04:59:46 am »

Right, because voting in the same pieces of human filth like Flake, McConnell et al have been a real winner for the country. Get a effing clue.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2017, 05:15:07 am »

The problem is we have metastasizing cancers in the country such as the debt, trade deficits, immigration, health care that keep growing even if nothing is done.

The Dems would accelerate it faster, but the GOP sitting on it's hands only slows the inevitable.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2017, 05:15:28 am »
I agree.  Lay them all off.....
God is still in control

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2017, 05:16:41 am »
The only core that Flake is part of is that of a rotten apple in the bottom of a dumpster. He is a greasy piece of shit.

Yeah, that was kinda my point, I was just taking the scenic route to get there.  The core of excellent conservatives mentioned are the ones that had previously been threatened to be primaried.

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2017, 05:19:51 am »
Until 'pragmatism' is soundly rejected, and the principles of Conservatism are lifted up, Loudly, proudly, and without quarter, All y'all are gonna keep getting what you're voting *for*.

MIKE DROP.

:amen:
God is still in control

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2017, 05:50:08 am »
Right, because voting in the same pieces of human filth like Flake, McConnell et al have been a real winner for the country. Get a effing clue.

I know, I know...you'd have ditched Churchill because we weren't in Berlin in '41...

But in the real world, we sometimes have to play with an imperfect hand, because the alternative is worse.

Does that mean we shouldn't primary Flake or other Establishment types? No. But we have to be smart and not put in Chris Coons, etc.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn