Author Topic: GOP senators call on Bannon, Trump to lay off incumbents  (Read 7651 times)

Offline RoosGirl

Re: GOP senators call on Bannon, Trump to lay off incumbents
« Reply #75 on: September 13, 2017, 10:57:06 pm »
Nah....nothing like that.  It was Fifth Avenue (big/long street).  He's got a LOT more range than just Times Square!  lolol

Hah, mea culpa, wrong NY landmark.  Can't blame a Southron for getting that part wrong. :)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 10:57:26 pm by RoosGirl »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #76 on: September 13, 2017, 10:57:48 pm »
63+ Million Americans voted for President Trump.

If he were to declare himself the head of the Constitution Party, every single voter would follow him.

That, my FRiend, would make the [fill-in-the-blank] GOP candidate, the Third Party spoiler.

The Republican Party will commit hari kari if they keep this sh*t up.

Did you have an accident and bump your head recently?   If not, you need professional help badly.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 01:48:24 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Silver Pines

« Reply #77 on: September 13, 2017, 11:06:53 pm »
@CatherineofAragon
The Constitution Party, unlike others, has means testing... Anyone can join the party, but to run for office, you have to enjoin their beliefs.

I do not believe the Constitution Party would have him.

@roamer_1

Means testing is one thing, but "declaring himself head"?   I had enough of that crap with Henry in the 1500s...

Online roamer_1

« Reply #78 on: September 13, 2017, 11:37:07 pm »
@roamer_1

Means testing is one thing, but "declaring himself head"?   I had enough of that crap with Henry in the 1500s...

@CatherineofAragon
Right... The point being, the Constitution Party wouldn't have him. They would not let him soil their name. He can say he's the Queen of England... That don't make it so...

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #79 on: September 14, 2017, 12:22:44 am »
His kissy face dinner with Chucky & Nancy tonight will make history all right.  But it won't be the kind of history people like you will be wanting.

He has already convinced himself that no matter what his political messiah does - it is all good with him. 

No matter what.  Trump is his guy and he can do no wrong because he's Trump.

Obama's acolytes cannot hold a candle in blind devotion to what I witness from rabid Trump supporters.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #80 on: September 14, 2017, 01:44:02 am »
And Trump can do no right with way too many people here who have a knee-jerk reaction to everything.

All in all, the 1500's were hell.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #81 on: September 14, 2017, 01:50:15 am »
And Trump can do no right with way too many people here who have a knee-jerk reaction to everything.

That is false. Nearly everyone here has given him credit where it's due. Even me - And I am among the most strident against him.

So stop.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #82 on: September 14, 2017, 01:52:12 am »

All in all, the 1500's were hell.

Sorry my dear but you are just plain FOS here.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online corbe

« Reply #83 on: September 14, 2017, 02:00:55 am »
    Though I would proudly wear the NT label (whatever that is) @Emjay
    There are many, many Briefers that are neither full blown AT or NT and don't like the broad assertions.
    9 Months after the election, surely we've moved beyond that binary argument, being an old programmer I would suggest Octal or Hexadecimal.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #84 on: September 14, 2017, 02:08:03 am »
Please, please, massa Trump...
... don' be derailin' our gravy train!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #85 on: September 14, 2017, 02:19:06 am »
Emjay wrote:
"Trump would have been a good third party candidate because he appealed to the masses"

Sorry, but you're not seeing the forest through the trees.

Donald Trump WAS a "third party candidate" -- who cunningly stole the horse from the Republican party's stable and rode it to the White House. The first to do so in American history.

And that's why the Republican elites have been unwilling to lay their political careers on the line for him since.

But they better not play their hand to openly.
He might just do it one more time in 2020!

Online corbe

« Reply #86 on: September 14, 2017, 02:34:00 am »
    If there are any deep fractures in the GOP to be exploited by Conservatives (fools errand, I know), they wont manifest themselves until after the midterms and the end of Trump's second year,  but it will free up some major political talent. IMHO

The Tea Party came into existence in less time and made a difference.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #87 on: September 14, 2017, 03:05:31 am »

Excuse you, but some of your fellow ardent Trump militant supporters have told us directly upon our thumbs up - that any vocal agreement we may have for something Trump does well that we approve of is unwelcome and not wanted, because we are not Trump supporters and only 'fair weather friends'.

I guess this is so the trump militant can continue to accuse us of saying Trump can do no right as some kind of defense when we point out Trump's liberal wrongheadedness.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #88 on: September 14, 2017, 03:06:38 am »
@DCPatriot

I wouldn't follow him. 

How would he "declare" himself head of the Constitution Party?  Divine right?

You didn't vote for him, to begin with.   No way would I believe such a thing.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #89 on: September 14, 2017, 03:11:24 am »
Excuse you, but some of your fellow ardent Trump militant supporters have told us directly upon our thumbs up - that any vocal agreement we may have for something Trump does well that we approve of is unwelcome and not wanted, because we are not Trump supporters and only 'fair weather friends'.

I guess this is so the trump militant can continue to accuse us of saying Trump can do no right as some kind of defense when we point out Trump's liberal wrongheadedness.

That is exactly why they do it.  We've had several threads recently where they show up to crap on a good time because they hate seeing everyone get along.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #90 on: September 14, 2017, 03:23:41 am »
    Though I would proudly wear the NT label (whatever that is) @Emjay
    There are many, many Briefers that are neither full blown AT or NT and don't like the broad assertions.
    9 Months after the election, surely we've moved beyond that binary argument, being an old programmer I would suggest Octal or Hexadecimal.

Sorry, my friend, but we are, sadly enough, in the exact same place we were 9 months ago.  We have a few true believers and many more NT'ers. 

If Trump does anything people like, it's always viewed suspiciously.

Please done try to deny that because it's totally obvious every single day here.  I don't know what Octal of Hexadecimal are but at least you didn't suggest prozac or say I was full of bovine excrement.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #91 on: September 14, 2017, 03:26:59 am »
That is false. Nearly everyone here has given him credit where it's due. Even me - And I am among the most strident against him.

So stop.

When I see any of 'you people' giving Trump wholehearted credit for anything without some snide suspicion or caveat, I will stop.

I'm worried about Trump, myself, but I see no point in the constant bashing at this stage in the game.  Maybe in 2019, you could try.

Online corbe

« Reply #92 on: September 14, 2017, 03:33:56 am »
Sorry, my friend, but we are, sadly enough, in the exact same place we were 9 months ago.  We have a few true believers and many more NT'ers. 

If Trump does anything people like, it's always viewed suspiciously.

Please done try to deny that because it's totally obvious every single day here.  I don't know what Octal of Hexadecimal are but at least you didn't suggest prozac or say I was full of bovine excrement.

Do you still honestly believe @Emjay that the NT'ers here far out number the AT'ers?   I just don't see it, (and I'm here a lot).

This Forum is very well balanced (compared to others I'm on) and it is those here that are in neither camp that make it interesting and really wish us fanatics would just drop it and get a life and I don't blame them.

Edited to add I would never suggest anything to do with you is BS, but don't be to quick to discount the advantages of Prozac in everyday life.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 03:35:52 am by corbe »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #93 on: September 14, 2017, 03:36:25 am »
Been practicing that insipid insanity for three decades plus.

It doesn't work.  It will never work.  The rules were rewritten in the last 3 cycles to ensure that never happens.

But, please - continue practicing insanity if it helps you sleep at night.

I'm done and finished with your failed statist party.
And you think third parties, which have also existed in that time frame, will work? They have an even worse track record.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #94 on: September 14, 2017, 03:43:31 am »
When I see any of 'you people' giving Trump wholehearted credit for anything without some snide suspicion or caveat, I will stop.

I'm worried about Trump, myself, but I see no point in the constant bashing at this stage in the game.  Maybe in 2019, you could try.
Maybe that might happen when some of 'you people' quit the the attacks on a certain party that ran against Trump, no matter what he does. But we see things differently, I don't see constant bashing, there is a mix of bashing, legitimate criticism and if not praise, at least positive recognition when deserved.

Maybe just maybe if we all got together in a circle and sang like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWKznrEjJK4

No, we're all too different.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #95 on: September 14, 2017, 03:44:08 am »

@Emjay  Awesome!

Great news.  I've been waiting for this.

In fact, there are a whole bunch there, so you don't have to limit it to just one of "us people".

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,273463.0.html
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 03:47:42 am by RoosGirl »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #96 on: September 14, 2017, 03:46:23 am »

"Wa Happan!"

Online roamer_1

« Reply #97 on: September 14, 2017, 03:58:55 am »

He's a habitual liar, a slanderer. Of course I will always view him with suspicion. That is never going to go away, because he will continue to do it.

I have every expectation he will continue to provide ample opportunity for criticism, and I will call him on it every time.

I can't stand liberals and he is one. And to my dying day I will stand against him and his. They are the ones calling themselves 'conservatives', and as a Conservative, I intend to proclaim the clear difference - with every bit of snark and derision I can muster.

The 'I told you sos' will keep coming, and if it is salt in the wound, so be it. All y'all are the ones trying to lower standards and discard principles in the name of pragmatism and then call it conservatism. I am here to twist the knife and make it hurt so that next time you'll know better. There is a reason why you don't mess with principle things, and the examples will keep on coming, because an unprincipled lout is at the helm.

Note that I fully expect all y'all to continue down your pragmatic path - The character it takes to stand for something isn't born in a day - But I will rise again and again against your attempts to call it a conservative thing. It ain't right.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #98 on: September 14, 2017, 04:04:14 am »
He's a habitual liar, a slanderer. Of course I will always view him with suspicion. That is never going to go away, because he will continue to do it.

I have every expectation he will continue to provide ample opportunity for criticism, and I will call him on it every time.

I can't stand liberals and he is one. And to my dying day I will stand against him and his. They are the ones calling themselves 'conservatives', and as a Conservative, I intend to proclaim the clear difference - with every bit of snark and derision I can muster.

The 'I told you sos' will keep coming, and if it is salt in the wound, so be it. All y'all are the ones trying to lower standards and discard principles in the name of pragmatism and then call it conservatism. I am here to twist the knife and make it hurt so that next time you'll know better. There is a reason why you don't mess with principle things, and the examples will keep on coming, because an unprincipled lout is at the helm.

Note that I fully expect all y'all to continue down your pragmatic path - The character it takes to stand for something isn't born in a day - But I will rise again and again against your attempts to call it a conservative thing. It ain't right.

Trump is the same lying liberal garbage he was the day before he decided to run  as a republican. I really don't care if his pets want to accept that reality or not, they'll eat every ounce of blame for the result.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 04:04:40 am by Cripplecreek »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #99 on: September 14, 2017, 04:11:03 am »
Trump is the same lying liberal garbage he was the day before he decided to run  as a republican. I really don't care if his pets want to accept that reality or not, they'll eat every ounce of blame for the result.

I will fully concur with that analysis.

:beer: :seeya: