Author Topic: GOP senators call on Bannon, Trump to lay off incumbents  (Read 7662 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP senators call on Bannon, Trump to lay off incumbents
« on: September 11, 2017, 11:43:26 pm »
GOP senators call on Bannon, Trump to lay off incumbents
By Jordain Carney - 09/11/17 07:18 PM EDT

Top Senate Republicans are firing back at Stephen Bannon amid reports that he is eyeing primary challenges to GOP incumbents who he believes haven't been supportive of President Trump, calling on both the president and his ousted adviser to leave elected Republicans alone.

"I wish they would focus on Democrats instead of Republicans," Sen. John Cornyn (Texas), the No. 2 Senate Republican, told reporters when asked about Bannon.

Sen. John Thune (S.D.), the No. 3 Senate Republican, added that the potential primary threats could make it harder for Republicans to hold onto their thin 52-seat majority despite a favorable 2018 map.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/350162-gop-senators-call-on-bannon-trump-to-lay-off-incumbents
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Taxcontrol

• "Stupid should hurt" - Dad's wisdom
Re: GOP senators call on Bannon, Trump to lay off incumbents
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 11:45:15 pm »
Seems to me like they are starting to feel a tad uncomfortable.

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 11:46:42 pm »
Seems to me like they are starting to feel a tad uncomfortable.

They're starting to realize that Trump and Bannon, et al, are trying to throw the 2018 elections to the democrats. 

Online corbe

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 12:23:24 am »
   I could be wrong but it seems to me the GOP is really gonna need those 'pain in the azz' Conservatives, soon, to block the Schumer/Pelosi agenda.

:eatdrink:

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline anubias

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2017, 01:26:48 am »
Screw you establishment cretins. I hope you all go down.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2017, 01:47:18 am »

"I wish they would focus on Democrats instead of Republicans," Sen. John Cornyn (Texas), the No. 2 Senate Republican, told reporters...

We said the same thing about Boehner, McCain, Grahamnesty, McConnell and the whole sordid lot of Oligarchs running the Republican party the last two years.  All their rage and ire was focused on Conservatives and nothing but kid gloves and love taps towards Democrats.

Payback's a bitch - even when it comes from someone I cannot stand.

I'm happy to watch Bannon and the GOP duke it out.

Will make our job to get Conservatives out of the Uniparty and into a solid third party a bit easier. 
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 01:48:15 am by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2017, 02:01:24 am »
They're starting to realize that Trump and Bannon, et al, are trying to throw the 2018 elections to the democrats.

Why would you say that?  Oh, wait, I know why.

They are trying to primary Republican candidates who have been putting brakes on conservative agendas and replace them with better Republican candidates.  How is that helping democrats.

A lot of these senators have been gliding along being re-elected after doing nothing.  I think they should all be primaried.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2017, 02:03:01 am »
   I could be wrong but it seems to me the GOP is really gonna need those 'pain in the azz' Conservatives, soon, to block the Schumer/Pelosi agenda.

:eatdrink:

Wait ... et tu, Corbe.  I just see it that a few of the useless idiots should be challenged in the primaries.  And by Republicans, but conservative ones.

Online corbe

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2017, 02:05:05 am »
Why would you say that?  Oh, wait, I know why.

They are trying to primary Republican candidates who have been putting brakes on conservative agendas and replace them with better Republican candidates.  How is that helping democrats.

A lot of these senators have been gliding along being re-elected after doing nothing.  I think they should all be primaried.

That would be a hell of a point @Emjay if Trump wasn't on record as wanting to primary members of the House Freedom Caucus, Bannon going after the RINO's that don't play well with Trump and the President targeting Conservatives, what could possible go wrong.

What doesn't kill us just makes us stronger.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Wingnut

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2017, 02:11:40 am »
Steve Bunion needs to dry up.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2017, 02:13:35 am »
Not much of a Bannon fan, but I'm all for primarying them. Sit on your hands and you deserve to get booted out.
The Republic is lost.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2017, 02:15:25 am »
Oceander wrote:
"They're starting to realize that Trump and Bannon, et al, are trying to throw the 2018 elections to the democrats."

Yep.
Jes' like they "threw" the 2016 one...  ;)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2017, 02:17:40 am »
Screw you establishment cretins. I hope you all go down.

:amen:  888high58888
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2017, 02:21:28 am »
Not much of a Bannon fan, but I'm all for primarying them. Sit on your hands and you deserve to get booted out.

I  assure you that one of them will never get another vote from this household.  John Cornyn can go straight to hell!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Wingnut

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2017, 02:26:35 am »
Bunion is a sore barnacle on the hull of Trumps ass.

Online corbe

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2017, 02:32:06 am »
   I'm afraid  Cornyn, like McCain is so Entrenched, only an Act of G_d can help US now.

To an earlier point made up thread.

We have done this before, just recently, the Tea Party, we Conservatives were very much involved with the process and vetting our own candidates, with an over 50% success rate.
    I'd rather Bannon and Trumpbart stay as far away from our election process as possible, they are partially responsible for this CF we have now.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2017, 02:39:06 am »
Bannon is simply pimping loyalty to Trump via mob-tactics.  He's not trying to primary liberal Republicans to fill the spot with Conservatives - he's targeting anyone who will not pledge fealty and be a Trump sycophant.  Bannon nor Trump give a rat's ass if whom they back or whom they target for destruction; whether candidates be Conservatives or raving Liberal lunatics.  All they care about is loyalty to Trump and pushing whatever Trump wants done at the moment he wants it done.

That is all.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online corbe

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2017, 02:48:23 am »
   @INVAR  can I post that over at Trumpbart?     I have a throwaway account ready?
    Too many places on the Net stifle free thought these days, more so than a mere few words (or a time in history).
    Myst's place is generally an exception to the rule.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2017, 02:56:35 am »
"I wish they would focus on Democrats instead of Republicans," Sen. John Cornyn

Haha, seems Trump *is* focusing on the Democrats now!

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2017, 03:34:00 am »
   @INVAR  can I post that over at Trumpbart?     I have a throwaway account ready?
    Too many places on the Net stifle free thought these days, more so than a mere few words (or a time in history).
    Myst's place is generally an exception to the rule.

Post it wherever you like.  Truth is truth.  You are welcome to even take credit for the comment, I care not.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2017, 03:40:22 am »
   That would be a hell of a point @Emjay if Trump wasn't on record as wanting to primary members of the House Freedom Caucus, Bannon going after the RINO's that don't play well with Trump and the President targeting Conservatives, what could possible go wrong.

I don't think Bannon is going after members of the Freedom Caucus and I don't think Trump is targeting conservatives.

But like you always say, I could be wrong.  If the incumbents can make a decent case for themselves, they will win.  They have the advantage.  Not sure it should just be handed to them though.

Offline anubias

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2017, 03:43:36 am »
I  assure you that one of them will never get another vote from this household.  John Cornyn can go straight to hell!

Nor this household.    888high58888

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2017, 04:09:32 am »
Sen. John Thune (S.D.), the No. 3 Senate Republican, added that the potential primary threats could make it harder for Republicans to hold onto their thin 52-seat majority despite a favorable 2018 map.

What does it matter whether you keep your crummy majority or not Johnny? You guys can't get out of your own way. All of you assholes should be Primaried after 2 terms in office. Considering you never had a real job in your GD entire life Johnny, maybe you should go out into the real world and find out how it works.

Online LadyLiberty

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2017, 04:31:53 am »

I'm fine with getting rid of rinos that are up for election as well, but they must have viable replacements to support before they do that or they hand the spot to the Dems.  It seems so short sighted to me.

They are so much about "loyalty" that they will likely glom on to anyone who blows up their skirt regardless of their convictions and beliefs.  This isn't a private business (which is his only experience) where everyone sucks up to the boss, it's a situation where he should be surrounded with people who give him the cold hard facts. 

Online roamer_1

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2017, 04:43:09 am »
Until 'pragmatism' is soundly rejected, and the principles of Conservatism are lifted up, Loudly, proudly, and without quarter, All y'all are gonna keep getting what you're voting *for*.

MIKE DROP.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 04:43:27 am by roamer_1 »