Author Topic: Charles M. Blow: Soul Survival in Trump’s Hell  (Read 653 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Charles M. Blow: Soul Survival in Trump’s Hell
« on: September 11, 2017, 07:56:40 pm »
Charles M. Blow
The New York Times
September 11, 2017

You could stay in hell for a little while if you knew that you were going to get out.

My mother always told me that when I was going through something tough and dispiriting. It was her way of saying that trouble doesn’t last forever, that even in your darkest place, hold fast to the hope and the light, that though today you are in the valley, tomorrow you shall scale the peak.

Well, Mama, this is hell. Indeed, Donald Trump’s America is the Ninth Circle.

And while I know that a president is limited to two terms, and I highly doubt that Trump could be re-elected to a second term and think that Robert Mueller’s investigation may curtail the first, I am still struggling to maintain optimism and perseverance.

I don’t think that this is even a matter of fatigue, but rather of the capacity of rage and the length of mourning. Hopelessness is a very human response when the feeling of persecution intersects with the feeling of powerlessness.

More

Another loony article from Mr. Blow.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Charles M. Blow: Soul Survival in Trump’s Hell
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 08:03:11 pm »
Maybe I'm wrong but from the portion I read this guy needs a pacifier, security blanket and a safe space to curl up and whine in, cause his momma f=didn't teach him how to deal with the real world.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 01:00:29 am »
Blow is just another liberal drama queen. His life probably hasn't changed one whit since Trump got elected. Now after years of finding no fault with Saint Obama,  he has a good target in Trump to fling his venom at.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 06:05:02 am »
Blow is just another liberal drama queen. His life probably hasn't changed one whit since Trump got elected. Now after years of finding no fault with Saint Obama,  he has a good target in Trump to fling his venom at.
In fact, he's probably seen more publicity in the Trump Era than under Obama.

I love the sound of identity-politics hustlers squealing like stuck pigs in the morning. If there is one thing good to come out of the Trump presidency, it's that.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 03:21:19 pm »
In fact, he's probably seen more publicity in the Trump Era than under Obama.

I love the sound of identity-politics hustlers squealing like stuck pigs in the morning. If there is one thing good to come out of the Trump presidency, it's that.
I find it particularly amusing that homosexual scribblers like Blow hate the most gay-friendly Pubbie president in history. Also one who most likely will be the most liberal Pubbie president since Nelson Rockefeller. Rockefeller never did get the Pubbie nomination for prez,  but he did make vice-prez under Ford.  Nevertheless, he longed to be the head honcho.