Author Topic: Who Are the Millennials?  (Read 433 times)

rangerrebew

Who Are the Millennials?
« on: September 13, 2017, 02:28:00 pm »
Who Are the Millennials?
By Douglas Main, LiveScience Staff Writer | September 8, 2017 06:35pm ET

Teenagers, twenty- and thirty-somethings have been dubbed the Millennial Generation, or simply Millennials. But what does it mean? And how old is too old to be a Millennial?

Generation Y Definition

https://www.livescience.com/38061-millennials-generation-y.html
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 02:28:37 pm by rangerrebew »

Wingnut

Re: Who Are the Millennials?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 02:36:14 pm »
If your Parent's live upstairs, you are probably a millennial.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Who Are the Millennials?
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 02:51:02 pm »
If you assume Baby Boomers started in '46 and generations are 20 years in length, then the Millenials were born between '86 and '05, and are now 12 to 31 years old.

I think the the Millenials are by and large still smirky, smug, and narcissistic, but I also think many of them have had some hard knocks of reality and are starting to grow up. Here in the Midwest it's alot better, they are pretty down to earth. I'm actually starting to like the women of that generation better than my own, if only I wasn't too old for them. The bottom half of that generation seems very pragmatic and conservative.

To some degree I can see their point on some things. When Gen X was college age life was slower, cheaper, simpler, more direct and far less cluttered. Just working a basic job today is a headache by the time you deal with all the human resources political correctness and endless demands that make doing anything an cumbersome slog through the bog. College is ridiculously expensive and not more than an indoctrination center. Social media is a suffocating Matrix. It seems like many Millenials are starting to long for the simpler days, and I  can't say I blame them.
The Republic is lost.