Author Topic: The True Conservatives Hype A Trumpocalypse In A Desperate Bid For Attention  (Read 4006 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The True Conservatives Hype A Trumpocalypse In A Desperate Bid For Attention
Townhall, Sep 11, 2017, Kurt Schlichter

The latest Never Trump meme is that Donald Trump has defected to the Democrats, a notion that might charitably be labeled “wishful thinking” if it actually involved any thinking. But the “wishful” part is in full effect as this tattered remnant of worshippers at the altar of Establishment Conservatism seeks to revive their failed cult and reassume their position as the priesthood of all things on the right.

You remember Establishment Conservatism, right? It is to conservatism as Unitarians are to Christianity – “Well, I sort of believe in something, but mostly I just want whatever I do validated.” Establishment Conservatism is the sect that promised for seven years to repeal Obamacare then…didn’t. But that was Trump’s fault, of course, because reasons and because you’re a fake conservative for asking and also shut up.

So, this week’s True Con embarrassment arose because the Republicans were somehow going to score yet another smashing victory in a debt ceiling fight, as they always do, but darn that Trump! He got in the way of their cunning scheme. Or something.

Read more:  https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2017/09/11/the-true-conservatives-hype-a-trumpocalypse-in-a-desperate-bid-for-attention-n2379346

« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 10:33:15 am by Right_in_Virginia »

The money quote from further in the article:

The frenzied Fredocon spaz-fest that followed gave away the game. “Oh no, Trump sold out everything conservatives believe in by delaying the GOP’s certain humiliation for three months! He betrayed you all with this insignificant delay and by ensuring the GOP didn’t walk into the ‘You Republicans are playing politics with Harvey aid!’ ambush. He's clearly a Democrat now and next it will be single payer and then he’ll change all our pronouns to ‘xe’ or ‘xir.’”

Blah blah blah blah blah. Don’t these people ever get tired of being wrong?

Oceander

:bigsilly: 

nothing like a little religious cult humor in the morning. 

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

nothing like a little religious cult humor in the morning.

Yeah they flap their flabby jowls with threats of replacing every sitting congressman with Trumpers but don't have the brainpower or courage put together to admit how poorly Trumper challengers did in last year's election.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
So DRINK!
Chugalug, chugalug.

Some days you eat fish...
Some days fish eat you.

До свиданья, друг мой!

:silly:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Talk about a desperate bid for attention.

Unfortunately for him, i was able to stop reading past the byline because all his articles are the same. Apparently professional trolling is a pretty lucrative art these days.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 12:05:46 pm by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Night Hides Not

Unfortunately for him, i was able to stop reading past the byline because all his articles are the same. Apparently professional trolling is a pretty lucrative art these days.

...and a sure fire method of starting another click bait thread. Lol

Heads up, @Machiavelli !!!
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Cripplecreek

If I had an address for him I'd send him the tube of Vagisil he so sorely needs.

Offline Night Hides Not

If I had an address for him I'd send him the tube of Vagisil he so sorely needs.

So Schlichter says "we're winning by inches, think Grant, not Patton."

More proof that we were lied to by Trump, McConnell, and Ryan. Their promises have been largely bovine scatology.

Most of us on TBR knew that before Inauguration Day, but we held out hope. The UniParty is Lucy, and the average voter is Charlie Brown.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

It is a privilege to watch your mind work.   :thud:

Silver Pines

Re: The True Conservatives Hype A Trumpocalypse In A Desperate Bid For Attention
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2017, 03:26:04 pm »
I read this article earlier and was going to post it myself. 

Keep in mind that Schlichter's candidate won the presidency as you read this bitter, ragey, saliva-flecked rant.  You would think he'd be happy.  Instead, as I've seen it pointed out, he and his fellow hardcore Trumpfans are getting angrier. 

Makes no sense.

Offline Cripplecreek

Re: The True Conservatives Hype A Trumpocalypse In A Desperate Bid For Attention
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2017, 03:48:56 pm »

Keep in mind that Schlichter's candidate won the presidency as you read this bitter, ragey, saliva-flecked rant.  You would think he'd be happy.  Instead, as I've seen it pointed out, he and his fellow hardcore Trumpfans are getting angrier. 

Makes no sense.

Schlichter is another who went from calling Trump a lowlife lying piece of liberal crap to treating Trump like his messiah.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2017, 04:00:50 pm »

They are getting angrier because they know deep down they are full of shit; that Trump is indeed the liberal Democrat he has been all his life; that the 'Conservative label' was just bullshit to baffle and bully Republicans and Conservatives to get into line and support their messiah; and mostly because they hate, despise and loathe that those true Conservatives pointing out what Trump is doing and noting Trump's liberalism, will not shut up and go away.

They are pissed because we will not swear oaths of fealty to Trump and genuflect as they do daily.   I found the screeches about 'worshipping, failed cult and altars to be the typical Projection that Trump militants are known for.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Silver Pines

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2017, 04:10:20 pm »
Schlichter is another who went from calling Trump a lowlife lying piece of liberal crap to treating Trump like his messiah.

@Cripplecreek

I didn't know that.  But I see what you mean.

https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2016/04/04/trump-is-toast-and-good-riddance-n2142633

"But a bad week for Trump is a good week for America. This clown isn’t done yet, but his sell-by date as Republican is fast approaching and I couldn’t be happier.

He was ordered to report to Principal Priebus’s office for some pathetic groveling before the establishment he pretends he’s broken.

Plus, half of what Trump babbles could come out of Sanders’s mouth anyway.

And, to compound his hilarious and well-deserved agony,... "

Silver Pines

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2017, 04:13:32 pm »
They are getting angrier because they know deep down they are full of shit; that Trump is indeed the liberal Democrat he has been all his life; that the 'Conservative label' was just bullshit to baffle and bully Republicans and Conservatives to get into line and support their messiah; and mostly because they hate, despise and loathe that those true Conservatives pointing out what Trump is doing and noting Trump's liberalism, will not shut up and go away.

They are pissed because we will not swear oaths of fealty to Trump and genuflect as they do daily.   I found the screeches about 'worshipping, failed cult and altars to be the typical Projection that Trump militants are known for.

@INVAR

Yep, I think some of the hardcore fans believed and hoped that everybody would come around and become enthusiastic Trump fans after the election. 

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2017, 04:22:18 pm »
@INVAR

Yep, I think some of the hardcore fans believed and hoped that everybody would come around and become enthusiastic Trump fans after the election.

They just wanted everybody on board so they could have cover. Instead they'll be stuck with many of us making sure history records the truth.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2017, 04:32:28 pm »
@INVAR

I had one on this very board tell me just last week that he guarantees I will become a 'True Believer' in Trump and be on board the Trump train in 2020.

That is how grossly deluded these people are.

I see them as not much different than other saluting hordes of fanatics that empowered madmen to heights of disaster.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2017, 04:46:53 pm »
@INVAR

I wish that were the case.  I seem to detect more of a wish to rub the noses of people who didn't support Trump in the Primaries last year in excrement.  Not all express that desire, but some do. 

It reminds me of something Valerie Jarrett once said about "payback."  It's like that.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Silver Pines

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2017, 08:38:42 pm »
I had one on this very board tell me just last week that he guarantees I will become a 'True Believer' in Trump and be on board the Trump train in 2020.

@INVAR

It's not a cult, though.

Silver Pines

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2017, 08:42:33 pm »
I wish that were the case.  I seem to detect more of a wish to rub the noses of people who didn't support Trump in the Primaries last year in excrement.  Not all express that desire, but some do. 

It reminds me of something Valerie Jarrett once said about "payback."  It's like that.

@Cyber Liberty

I definitely agree with that.  But why are they so angry?  If they won, and they want to enjoy what they see as the schadenfreude of lording it over the rest of us, you'd think there would be an element of glee, or some kind of fun, in their demeanors.

Instead they seem angrier than they were before Trump won.  I don't know, it's just all "off".

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2017, 08:50:34 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

I definitely agree with that.  But why are they so angry?  If they won, and they want to enjoy what they see as the schadenfreude of lording it over the rest of us, you'd think there would be an element of glee, or some kind of fun, in their demeanors.

Instead they seem angrier than they were before Trump won.  I don't know, it's just all "off".

I don't think the schadenfreude is sufficient.  I think there's a "Kneel before Zod" element at work here.

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline jpsb

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2017, 09:07:36 pm »
They are getting angrier because they know deep down they are full of shit; that Trump is indeed the liberal Democrat

Where Trump has the authority to act he has acted in a more conservative manner than any president since Ike. Nominated conservative judges and a (mostly) conservative cabinet. As president he is enforcing our (immigration) laws that have been unenforced since Jimmy. Trumps' regulatory reforms are removing 7 regs for every new reg and making it much easier to get things done. He is taking a sledge hammer to the EPA. Not even Reagan was (in actions not words) as conservative as Trump.

Where he has had problems is with our do nothing Congress that spend 7 years telling us they would repeal OCare if they got the chance. Guess what it was all lies from GOP leadership. The national Debt is another scam the GOP plays on the uninformed as was completely revealed by George W Bush who blew the roof off of our debt. Do not blame Trump for the liars in the House and Senate.

Silver Pines

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2017, 09:19:31 pm »
I don't think the schadenfreude is sufficient.  I think there's a "Kneel before Zod" element at work here.

@Cyber Liberty

Yep.  Perfect.

Offline DB

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2017, 09:20:19 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

They are angry because reality isn't treating them the way their delusion said it was going to go. Therefore someone is to blame - but not them. In order to avoid blame they have to rationalize the fault as being elsewhere no matter how twisted that rational is. They mirror their leader in that regard.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2017, 09:34:43 pm »
Where Trump has the authority to act he has acted in a more conservative manner than any president since Ike.

Yeah, and Obama was a greater Unifier of the country than Lincoln.

I swear, you people are worse than the cultish mobs that worshipped His Heinous I as a god.