Author Topic: Did lesbians cause Hurricanes Irma and Harvey? God knows.  (Read 935 times)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Did lesbians cause Hurricanes Irma and Harvey? God knows.
« on: September 09, 2017, 02:28:38 pm »
t’s that season again. An ominous swirl forms in the Atlantic, citizens batten down or evacuate, TV weather reporters put on rain slickers and, as predictably as National Weather Service bulletins, some End-Times pastors and other provocateurs on the right attribute the storm to a wrathful God’s vengeance on liberals.

The storm surge has already washed up Jim Bakker, whose televangelism never quite recovered from his sex scandal and prison sentence for fraud. After Hurricane Harvey, he declared that “this flood is from God,” punishment for the former mayor of Houston attempting to subpoena ministers’ sermons.

Bakker said this while promoting his “Tasty Pantry,” a bucket of dehydrated food to help survive the apocalypse, and while sharing his set with Pastor Rick Joyner, who agreed storms don’t “happen by accident.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/did-lesbians-cause-hurricanes-irma-and-harvey-god-knows/2017/09/08/638efbca-94bf-11e7-89fa-bb822a46da5b_story.html?tid=pm_opinions_pop
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: Did lesbians cause Hurricanes Irma and Harvey? God knows.
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 02:37:53 pm »
I would say 'oh good grief' but this has become totally expected.

Offline endicom

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 02:49:40 pm »
There's not a lick of good feeling in some people.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2017, 02:51:57 pm »
There's not a lick of good feeling in some people.

:laugh:
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2017, 03:57:51 pm »
Well, gee, let's find out what Peter Popoff thinks!

Who needs to find out how real Christians are responding to this when we can turn to the convicted con-artists posing as Christians?

As for His judgment, it likely will not come in the form of a flood (see the Noah's Ark story).
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2017, 04:01:40 pm »
:facepalm2:

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2017, 06:57:30 pm »
You know, the whole article is actually worth reading, because the premise is that these hurricanes are being blamed on a whole slew of unrelated things, on both sides of the aisle.

Including that Big Lie, Climate Change.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2017, 07:13:27 pm »
Well, gee, let's find out what Peter Popoff thinks!

Who needs to find out how real Christians are responding to this when we can turn to the convicted con-artists posing as Christians?

As for His judgment, it likely will not come in the form of a flood (see the Noah's Ark story).

Gods judgement will not include His church.  As bad as this is there is no divine retribution here other than nature that is tainted by sin  when God does finally reveal His wrath this will look like child's play.  Those who would say that this hurricane or that storm are a specific judgement from God do us a disservice.  The people of Florida are no more or less wicked than the rest of us and are not being singled out for punishment
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 07:13:50 pm by Mom MD »
God is still in control

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2017, 08:20:20 pm »
Gods judgement will not include His church.  As bad as this is there is no divine retribution here other than nature that is tainted by sin  when God does finally reveal His wrath this will look like child's play.  Those who would say that this hurricane or that storm are a specific judgement from God do us a disservice.  The people of Florida are no more or less wicked than the rest of us and are not being singled out for punishment

I cannot rule out that the storm could be headed for me specifically for some past indiscretions, not including lesbianism. :)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2017, 08:27:58 pm »
I cannot rule out that the storm could be headed for me specifically for some past indiscretions, not including lesbianism. :)

I think there may be an easier way to wash away your sins than to call down a hurricane. But then again...you were that bad, huh? Nice.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2017, 08:37:11 pm »
I think there may be an easier way to wash away your sins than to call down a hurricane. But then again...you were that bad, huh? Nice.

Well, I'm not a lesbian, so how bad could I be? :)

I really wasn't too much of a hell raiser, even in college.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2017, 01:51:35 pm »
You know, the whole article is actually worth reading, because the premise is that these hurricanes are being blamed on a whole slew of unrelated things, on both sides of the aisle.

Including that Big Lie, Climate Change.

It seems nothing escapes being politicized.

Can't we just have a hurricane, anymore
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy