Author Topic: ‘Black Minds Matter’ prof trains future educators to use ‘classrooms as sites for civil resistance’  (Read 834 times)

rangerrebew

‘Black Minds Matter’ prof trains future educators to use ‘classrooms as sites for civil resistance’
Drew Van Voorhis - San Diego State University •September 7, 2017

A controversial new graduate-level course at San Diego State University called “Black Minds Matter” that many students on their way to earning their teaching credentials will enroll in has come under fire from some conservatives as extremely biased and politically motivated.

https://www.thecollegefix.com/post/36437/

Offline goatprairie

There is a certain percentage of "conservative" people who prefer to ignore things and believe talking softly and appealing to reason will eventually win over these Marxist, anti-American nuts.
I believe, like Solzhenitsyn said, in not living life by lies. 
It's time for all the big conservative pols, scribblers, and talking heads to speak honestly about black problems.  Talking around and evading it won't solve anything.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Cuz yeah, we need to like totally overthrow the white patriararchy because they are racist and stuff. How will that help the black community? Well you know that once white people aren't oppressing us, thing will be like, totally cool. Rainbows and unicorns cool dude.
The Republic is lost.

Offline goatprairie

Cuz yeah, we need to like totally overthrow the white patriararchy because they are racist and stuff. How will that help the black community? Well you know that once white people aren't oppressing us, thing will be like, totally cool. Rainbows and unicorns cool dude.
We now have a number of large American cities that are overwhelmingly black.  For instance, Detroit is 85% black. I would guess a very large percentage of the people on the school boards, police and fire departments, city planning and other important institutions running and governing the city are black.
How in the world can they  believe that some sort of "white supremacy" causes their children to join gangs, kill other young, black people in large numbers, and perform poorly in schools?
If Trump wants to do more to get me on his right side,   making a major statement  to the country and black Americans to the effect that the era of blaming white people for their self-inflicted problems was over  would do a lot.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 03:47:35 pm by goatprairie »

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
We now have a number of large American cities that are overwhelmingly black.  For instance, Detroit is 85% black. I would guess a very large percentage of the people on the school boards, police and fire departments, city planning and other important institutions running and governing the city are black.
How in the world can they  believe that some sort of "white supremacy" causes their children to join gangs, kill other young, black people in large numbers, and perform poorly in schools?
If Trump wants to do more to get me on his right side,   making a major statement  to the country and black Americans to the effect that the era of blaming white people for their self-inflicted problems was over :amen:  would do a lot.

Unfortunately that side of the coin has no less a shortage of tinfoil than your garden variety NWO/UFO conspiracy theorist.

Add: The other problem is the black community is no longer the top of the racial pile. We've had tens of millions of immigrants pour into this country the last 20+ years, and it's watered down their position. Alot of these antics are to try and keep the attention on them.

The most delicious of ironies is that the majority of that immigration was brought about by the policies Clinton and Obama. It was their own people who screwed them.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 04:04:21 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
My real grievance about this sort of crap is that it is not "education".

It is indoctrination, the rote catechism of the Church of Victim Identity, and a call to arms of the SJW Klan to go forth and foment Hate on whoever they want to blame for their self-imposed problems.

It's a training class in hatred. These are bitter seeds they sow, and the harvest will be bitter, too.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline goatprairie

My real grievance about this sort of crap is that it is not "education".

It is indoctrination, the rote catechism of the Church of Victim Identity, and a call to arms of the SJW Klan to go forth and foment Hate on whoever they want to blame for their self-imposed problems.

It's a training class in hatred. These are bitter seeds they sow, and the harvest will be bitter, too.
Yes, but how do you stop it?  It seems academia goes further and further left every year.  I've never seen so much talk about "white supremacy" as I've heard in reading articles concerning people in charge of our nation's schools.
It seems many of the people in the nation's schools admins have decided that "white supremacy" is such a huge problem, the students must all be indoctrinated as to its evilness.
This includes areas like mine where the minority population is tiny. But many of the people entering the teaching profession are righteously imbued with the spirit of combating this evil "white supremacy" that is keeping so many "people of color" (I detest that phrase) down.
Unless we get all important people not of the liberal persuasion to mount a titanic effort to fight these Marxists, we are doomed to have a generation of the self-hating white people who really believe they are responsible for some dimwit "person of color" screwing up their lives.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Yes, but how do you stop it?  It seems academia goes further and further left every year.  I've never seen so much talk about "white supremacy" as I've heard in reading articles concerning people in charge of our nation's schools.
It seems many of the people in the nation's schools admins have decided that "white supremacy" is such a huge problem, the students must all be indoctrinated as to its evilness.
This includes areas like mine where the minority population is tiny. But many of the people entering the teaching profession are righteously imbued with the spirit of combating this evil "white supremacy" that is keeping so many "people of color" (I detest that phrase) down.
Unless we get all important people not of the liberal persuasion to mount a titanic effort to fight these Marxists, we are doomed to have a generation of the self-hating white people who really believe they are responsible for some dimwit "person of color" screwing up their lives.
Without having educators to spread the word that people make their own decisions and are responsible for the results, it isn't going to happen peacefully. I am increasingly fearful that the alternative will be the only option left, one which will make the last internal conflict seem small by comparison.

I have already been branded a "racist" for pointing out the 'diversity game' in hiring, even though there are plenty of examples out there of people who were passed over or promoted past more qualified people based solely on an accident of genetics and an approved admixture of checkboxes on a form assembled to prove that diversity exists in any employee pool. That is reality, whether it seems ugly or not, and mentioned without malice or resentment, only to demonstrate that no one is being held back on that superficial basis, but the opposite, in practice.

I have met highly competent people of all races and colors, I have met others who simply can't reach the bar, also in a spectrum of skin tones. To blame people solely for their superficial characteristics is patently wrong, and even listening to the "Dream" speech would put the lie to the identity politics being played.

Oddly enough, descendants of Natives conquered by Spaniards are somehow seen to be less 'oppressors' by those who hate the descendants of English speaking peoples, but over half the slaves shipped out of Africa went to such countries, and only 3% to the US.

Now, however, we boast the most obese poor people on the planet, housed, clothed, educated, with advantages set forth in statute, primarily funded and provided for by the same people decried as holding others 'down'.
Admittedly, this was done (predictably) in error, in exchange for political loyalties.

People seldom appreciate that which they do not themselves earn, and come to resent their benefactors for their charity. It is time to bring such to an end before the resentment overwhelms. End the patronage which has enabled such, and thus force those who complain to stand on their own feet and accomplish things for themselves. Perhaps if those who complain were no longer 'held down' by the burden of such benefits, they could arise, go forth, and earn a living. 
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
goat wrote above:
"I believe, like Solzhenitsyn said, in not living life by lies. 
It's time for all the big conservative pols, scribblers, and talking heads to speak honestly about black problems.  Talking around and evading it won't solve anything."

I like the Solzhenitsyn reference.

I posted this once before, and was called "racis'" for doing so:
Some "problems" (referring to your excerpt above)... simply don't have solutions.