Author Topic: Conservatives direct ire at GOP leaders — not Trump  (Read 770 times)

rangerrebew

Conservatives direct ire at GOP leaders — not Trump
« on: September 08, 2017, 09:27:35 am »
By Niv Elis - 09/07/17 01:31 PM EDT

Conservatives are blasting the fiscal deal brokered by President Trump and Democratic leaders, but are blaming GOP leaders in Congress more than the White House.

Trump shocked most of Washington by agreeing to the deal with Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.); it was similar to a proposal Democrats had offered earlier on Wednesday that Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) called “ridiculous.”

http://thehill.com/policy/finance/349657-conservatives-direct-ire-at-gop-leaders-not-trump

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Conservatives direct ire at GOP leaders — not Trump
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 11:13:50 am »
"Conservatives" are phonies and complete idiots.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 12:06:45 pm »

Nah. What you have witnessed is a power play in the US Senate and White House. If Trump can't get the GOP to get things done, he will go to the Democrats, give them what they want in exchange for what he wants and shame the GOP into action.

Especially on issues like hurricane relief funding, the GOP will look like crap if they resist, so all the dems need to do is tie their pet agenda issues to "must-pass" legislation and make entreaties to Trump to make a deal.

If the GOP puts up a fight, the optics will be that they oppose the 'Must Pass" part of the bill, with no mention of any riders found to be unacceptable, because between twitter and the MSM, you'd have to read the bill to know about that stuff, and fewer than 1% of Americans will read it, and articles that point it out will be suppressed or marginalized. And when the crap that the Dems want goes into effect, the GOP will own it.

Oh, and there aren't many in the Congress I'd accuse of being Conservatives. There are some right leaning 'moderates', but not enough Conservatives to fill a school bus.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 12:19:15 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2017, 12:17:04 pm »

Don't confuse Trumpers with conservatives.

They invested every ounce of themselves into the greatness of Trump and half can't cope with the reality that they will go down in history as having been the fools who brought this political suicide bomber to power and the other half is ready to destroy the GOP and hand power to the democrats forever.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2017, 12:23:15 pm »

They invested every ounce of themselves into the greatness of Trump and half can't cope with the reality that they will go down in history as having been the fools who brought this political suicide bomber to power and the other half is ready to destroy the GOP and hand power to the democrats forever.

Must really SUCK to be you!    **nononono*
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2017, 04:25:14 pm »

Says the one who's desperate to say "I told you so". 

I sure hope you're enjoying the nosebleed section .... you're going to be there for a long while. 

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2017, 04:29:19 pm »

And are perfectly right in doing so IMHO!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien