Author Topic: The Democrats Got What They Wanted, But It’s Cool Because Trump Really Stuck It To Paul Ryan  (Read 6567 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
In a surprise move yesterday… actually, you know what? No. It wasn’t a surprise move. Donald Trump struck a deal with Democrats. He said before he would strike deals with Democrats. He was a lifelong Democrat with Democrats ideals and beliefs. His views on spending align with Democrats. His views on immigration align with Democrats.

Nothing about what happened yesterday should come as a shock. Donald Trump sided with the Democrats.....

https://www.redstate.com/joesquire/2017/09/07/democrats-got-wanted-cool-trump-really-stuck-paul-ryan/

Offline corbe

I read this earlier and wanted to post it, I'm glad you did @AbaraXas I'm a little gun shy right now.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

His first Legislative win handed to him by Schumer and Pelosi, who here could possibly be surprised?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline DB

His first Legislative win handed to him by Schumer and Pelosi, who here could possibly be surprised?

It's okay, he gets things done... Just like Pelosi and Schumer got things done for the previous 9 years... And getting things done is what is important, so I'm told...

Offline LMAO

It's okay, he gets things done... Just like Pelosi and Schumer got things done for the previous 9 years... And getting things done is what is important, so I'm told...

What dimensional chess are we on now?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
I've been informed that its all the fault of those of us who don't support Trump.

If only I had abandoned my principles, been properly obedient and done my duty for Trump he wouldn't have been forced into the arms of another man.  :silly:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I don't like or condone what Trump is doing here, but it's no different than the capitulation that's been going on with the GOP for nearly 20 years. After protesting, Ryan quickly reversed course and fell in line, and McConnell fell all over himself to give Nancy and Chuck what they wanted.

This after getting nothing done for nearly 8 months while telling us that Trump has no principles, but they took no opportunity to get something on his desk that he likely would have signed.

What Trump tried to do they resisted. The reason seemed to be that he was infantile, ADHD, had a grating personality, and wasn't diplomatic enough. Yet McConnell and Ryan didn't seem to be able at anytime to stand up and provide leadership to counter the supposed failings of Trump.

So I'm gonna pass this blame around to everyone in the GOP leadership in DC for this stagnant cesspool. I'll put some blame on Trump, but he shares it equally with everyone.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 01:22:14 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline skeeter

I don't like or condone what Trump is doing here, but it's no different than the capitulation that's been going on with the GOP for nearly 20 years. After protesting, Ryan quickly reversed course and fell in line, and McConnell fell all over himself to give Nancy and Chuck what they wanted.

This after getting nothing done for nearly 8 months while telling us that Trump has no principles, but they took no opportunity to get something on his desk that he likely would have signed.

What Trump tried to do they resisted. The reason seemed to be that he was infantile, ADHD, had a grating personality, and wasn't diplomatic enough. Yet McConnell and Ryan didn't seem to be able at anytime to stand up and provide leadership to counter the supposed failings of Trump.

So I'm gonna pass this blame around to everyone in the GOP leadership in DC for this stagnant cesspool. I'll put some blame on Trump, but he shares it equally with everyone.

There's nothing about this situation that should gratify Trump fans. It was a disaster.

I'm listening to Mike Gallagher and he's rapturous. How deranged.

But the fault belongs to the friggen squishes in congress. It didn't have to happen.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

But, didn't Trump get elected because Trump would do things differently, he's not a part of the establishment, he will drain the swamp, he's not an insider, etc. ad infinitum? 

Offline aligncare

As a Trump supporter, I'm a happy camper.

Trump did exactly what I've heard conservatives say they wanted done over the last umpteen years: throw the bums out. They're not exactly out yet, just being schooled by Trump. But 2018 ain't far away and we won't forget how Mitch and the boys proposed an 18-month extension on the debt ceiling. They're gonna have to act on budget issues now, before their next reelection. That's a win.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 01:50:44 pm by aligncare »

Offline jpsb

Once again Red State is entirely incorrect. I base that assessment on the comment not the article. I flat out refuse to visit that site.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
But, didn't Trump get elected because Trump would do things differently, he's not a part of the establishment, he will drain the swamp, he's not an insider, etc. ad infinitum?

True, but, he's not a dictator. I have agreed with many of the things he's done to roll back Executive power, and wish he'd do even more. When it comes to real laws getting passed, he cannot clap with one hand.

And if Trump isn't livng up to his promises, where is the GOP leadership in Congress to stand up to him and keep him on the narrow path? The reality is that they've done nothing but resist, drag their feet, and spurn everything Trump does, yet they offer no counter solutions. And they fold the second Trump works with the Democrats.

Point being, Trump may have stumbled and fell here, but the GOP in Congress never got up off the floor in the first place.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 01:53:19 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline jpsb

What dimensional chess are we on now?

Trump just said "Check" on the spineless, lying leadership of the GOP in the House and Senate.

Offline skeeter

As a Trump supporter, I'm a happy camper.

Trump did exactly what I've heard conservatives say they wanted done over the last umpteen years: throw the bums out. They're not exactly out yet, just being schooled by Trump. But 2018 ain't far away and we won't forget how Mitch and the boys proposed an 18-month extension on the debt ceiling. They're gonna have to act on budget issues now, before their next reelection. That's a win.

When they said 'throw the bums out' I always assumed they were talking about the democrats too. Rolling over for democrats was what I was mad at the GOP for doing.

Maybe this will result in something good, but up to this point its been a disaster.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Once again Red State is entirely incorrect. I base that assessment on the comment not the article. I flat out refuse to visit that site.

Yeah, but if you don't even read the article your opinion doesn't carry much weight.

Offline jpsb

When they said 'throw the bums out' I always assumed they were talking about the democrats too. Rolling over for democrats was what I was mad at the GOP for doing.

Maybe this will result in something good, but up to this point its been a disaster.

Right now GOP leadership is the primary enemy, Ryan and McConnell, after they flip flopped on repealing the ACA I thought every realized just how utterly despicable GOP leadership was.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 02:08:02 pm by jpsb »

Offline jpsb

Yeah, but if you don't even read the article your opinion doesn't carry much weight.

I don't read anything from CNN either, I prefer real news to fake (propaganda) news.

Offline aligncare

Right now GOP leadership is the primary enemies, Ryan and McConnell, after they flip flopped on repealing the ACA I thought every realized just how utterly despicable GOP leadership was.

Exactly. This type of feckless behavior we expect from Democrats, but not constitutional conservatives – as Republican leadership portrays itself to be at reelection.

Oceander

Just sittin ' here watchin ' the Trump-lovers show off their cognitive dissonance!

Offline skeeter

Just sittin ' here watchin ' the Trump-lovers show off their cognitive dissonance!

Knock yerself out.

Offline goatprairie

As someone who voted for Trump knowing he was liable to do things like this, I'm not surprised.
I knew he would do a few things to satisfy his base and conservatives, but in the end, it's all about Trump. I should say Trump "winning."
He doesn't give a flip about conservative principles and doesn't work very hard or at all with Republican leaders. 
The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. He's still an improvement over Hillary, but that is not good enough.
But if he's broken all his ties to Republicans, what exactly is going to get done?
I blame Trump's inadequacies a lot more than I do those evil Rinos for stalling a conservative program.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 02:38:25 pm by goatprairie »

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
As someone who voted for Trump knowing he was liable to do things like this, I'm not surprised.
I knew he would do a few things to satisfy his base and conservatives, but in the end, it's all about Trump. I should say Trump "winning."
He doesn't give a flip about conservative principles and doesn't work very hard or at all with Republican leaders. 
The truth if probably somewhere in the middle. He's still an improvement over Hillary, but that is not good enough.
But if he's broken all his ties to Republicans, what exactly is going to get done?
I blame Trump's inadequacies a lot more than I do those evil Rinos for stalling a conservative program.

Final permanent democrat rule.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Final permanent democrat rule.

It's not at all clear that that will happen either.  Both parties are seriously wounded and lacking any credibility.  The nation has a spending problem like nothing we have ever seen before.  I don't know what the near future will bring, but I doubt it will be business as usual.

Offline aligncare

The president is elected by the people, democrat, republican and non-aligned. His job is to represent all Americans.

Republican leadership is supposed to represent republican traditions, ideas and principles.

When's the last time Republican voters got that? Maybe the Republican Revolution of 1994?

Offline goatprairie

The president is elected by the people, democrat, republican and non-aligned. His job is to represent all Americans.

Republican leadership is supposed to represent republican traditions, ideas and principles.

When's the last time Republican voters got that? Maybe the Republican Revolution of 1994?
When's the last time a Republican president thought he was going to get better deals with a bunch of Marxist Democrats then some squishy Pubbies?