Author Topic: British girl finds her own 'Excalibur' in legendary pool  (Read 725 times)

Offline RoosGirl

British girl finds her own 'Excalibur' in legendary pool
« on: September 07, 2017, 01:54:47 am »
A young British girl swimming at a lake in the United Kingdom believed to hold the legendary King Arthur’s famous sword happened upon a shiny sword herself.

Matilda Jones, 7, was swimming with family at Dozmary Pool while on vacation last Tuesday, when she discovered a shiny sword beneath the water, The Sheffield Star reported.

Dozmary Pool, a lake in Cornwall, is said to be the spot where King Arthur, the mythical medieval leader, returned his Excalibur sword after being gravely wounded in the Battle of Camlann.

"It was a blistering hot day and Matilda asked if we could go for a paddle," Matilda’s father, Paul, said. "She was only waist deep when she said she could see a sword."

Continued - http://www.foxnews.com/science/2017/09/04/british-girl-finds-her-own-excalibur-in-legendary-pool.html

Oceander

Re: British girl finds her own 'Excalibur' in legendary pool
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 02:10:32 am »
Good on her!

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)
Re: British girl finds her own 'Excalibur' in legendary pool
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 02:23:15 pm »
I dunno. This sounds suspicious to me. Heavy objects thrown into a body of water and left for a long time don't generally appear in the shallow part where they may be seen by waders. If it were ancient, even if it was lying visibly on the bottom it would likely be a least partially covered with rocks/silt/sand and appear to be more like a stick or something than a sword. Such things would not generally attract attention. 

This smells like someone trying to get clicks on YouTube or something like that.
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)