Author Topic: Why wind energy has hit a lull in California  (Read 804 times)

Online SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Why wind energy has hit a lull in California
« on: September 05, 2017, 07:02:04 pm »
Which way is the wind blowing in California?

In some respects, wind energy in the state has never been better, but by other measurements growth has hit a lull for the past four years.

The U.S. Department of Energy released its annual report a few weeks ago analyzing technologies and markets for the wind industry, showing that California has installed 5,656 megawatts of utility-scale wind, the fourth highest in the nation.

California also ranks fifth in capacity for smaller, distributed wind energy systems since 2003, with 66 megawatts.

[excerpted]
http://www.latimes.com/business/
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Why wind energy has hit a lull in California
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 09:32:15 pm »
The braying by progressives NIMBYs is epitomized by California.  'Do what I say not what I do'
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Why wind energy has hit a lull in California
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 10:29:55 pm »
Oh hell yeah let's put up more Mr. Chop Chops! Who cares how many avians and bats are butchered, we don't need them anyway right? I mean why should we try and promote energy generation that doesn't cover acre upon acre of natural habitat, oh and of course gets tons of taxpayer supplied subsidies.