Author Topic: Cleveland unions refuse to hold flag at Browns opening game  (Read 843 times)

rangerrebew

Cleveland unions refuse to hold flag at Browns opening game
« on: September 05, 2017, 08:57:57 am »
 Cleveland unions refuse to hold flag at Browns opening game

Sep 3, 2017 Updated 23 hrs ago

Ron Schwane

CLEVELAND (AP) — Members of unions representing Cleveland police officers and paramedics have said they won't hold a large U.S. flag during pregame ceremonies prior to next Sunday's Cleveland Browns season opener after a group of Browns players knelt during the national anthem before a preseason game last month.

Steve Loomis, president of the Cleveland Police Patrolmen's Association, cited his service in the U.S. Navy when he told WKYC-TV he was astounded that Browns management knew of the protests but allowed it to occur.

https://pilotonline.com/news/nation-world/national/cleveland-unions-refuse-to-hold-flag-at-browns-opening-game/article_59453723-7d1f-5416-80eb-f2cf82a1fb45.html?_ga=2.224205150.435201305.1504552232-6351422.1504552232

Offline Applewood

Re: Cleveland unions refuse to hold flag at Browns opening game
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 11:03:49 am »
Why should they hold the flag if the players won't respect it?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 11:04:14 am by Applewood »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 11:41:41 am »
Why should they hold the flag if the players won't respect it?
Exactly. Call it a counter-protest, if you want.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online goatprairie

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2017, 01:39:37 pm »
Exactly. Call it a counter-protest, if you want.
I'd like to see a counter-protest involving all the Cleveland fans staying home for a game or two. I think the team owners would get the message. How many of the kneeling meatheads could make a decent  living if they couldn't get paid for running  into another human being?

Offline Mod2

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2017, 06:12:46 pm »
Moved to Sports (even though it is about the Browns).