Author Topic: NFL LIVE Thread Week 1  (Read 2045 times)

Offline Bender2

• Never a dull moment, eh?
NFL LIVE Thread Week 1
« on: September 02, 2017, 04:56:12 pm »
NFL WEEK 1

Thursday, Sep 7, 2017

Kansas City at New England 8:30 pm

Sunday, Sep 10, 2017

Arizona at Detroit 1:00 pm

Atlanta at Chicago 1:00 pm

Baltimore at Cincinnati 1:00 pm

Jacksonville at Houston 1:00 pm

N.Y. Jets at Buffalo 1:00 pm

Oakland at Tennessee 1:00 pm

Philadelphia at Washington 1:00 pm

Pittsburgh at Cleveland 1:00 pm

Tampa Bay at Miami 1:00 pm

Indianapolis at L.A. Rams 4:05 pm

Carolina at San Francisco 4:25 pm

Seattle at Green Bay 4:25 pm

N.Y. Giants at Dallas 8:30 pm

Monday, Sep 11, 2017

New Orleans at Minnesota 7:10 pm

L.A. Chargers at Denver 10:20 pm

---

Okay, campers, the 2017 season is upon us...   yet a few things will change.

Due to my being 70-years of age and my poor health... these NFL LIVE Threads will not be as detailed as in years before. I do not have the strength and stamina to keep y'all's picks updated as I have in past seasons.

If one of y'all wants to do it, please do and post them to your hearts delight!

Now, all you haters who say you will boycott all things NFL except this thread, I say, "Go to hell on your own time. I will not waste time posting any reply to your crap."

So, have another round...  and let's git it on!

Thursday, Sep 7, 2017

I know big's Pattycakes will probably win here, but I'm calling for a Thursday Nite Upset by my old Dallas Texans--

In regular Sunday action Arid Zona will knock the wheels off the Loinchopps--

Atlanta's Black Byrds get a semi-bye with a victory over the still rebuilding Bears--

The red-headed TCU/SOB from Cincy will beat them Black Bryds from Crab City--

Allegra's Texicans will have no mercy on the Jags--

Da Jets will romp and shomp the Bills--

The New Vegas Pie-Rates will downsize the Titans--

Hate both the Iggles & Deadskins but hate Deadskins more, so Philly Cracksheads win--

Big Ben kick them Cleveland Kneelers black, blue and brown--

Have-A-Tampa are still nothing special but Jay Cutlers is still Jay Cluter and he continues to disappoint--

Indy ain't what it used to be but the slide by the Yews in LA--

Cam's Citties take advantage of the dropped soap in San Fran--

Those big boys from Green Bay drop kick the Seathugs back to Seattle--

With or without Zek, my Boys...  kick Manning Lite's Arse till it won't hold shucks!

And on MSESPN Monday Night Political Roundup Double Header they tramp Trump while Naw'leens de horn the Viqueens at 6:30--

And Mile High has its first public execution of the year with Da La-La Bolts being the honored guests--

For my college picks, I'm pulling for an upset by Maryland over them gall-durn Teasips--

And my Texas Fightn' Aggies will beat the UCLAites.

Okay, okay, all y'all have your...    says--

And hope OU gets beat so I can comfort them...    sad Okie Gals!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 05:04:47 pm by Bender2 »
"I've got a twisted sense of humor, and everything amuses me." RAH Beyond this Horizon

Offline Bender2

Re: NFL LIVE Thread Week 1
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2017, 05:00:21 pm »
Re: For my college picks, I'm pulling for an upset by Maryland over them gall-durn Teasips--

Gadzooks--  Terps leading...  27-7 in 2nd quarter!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 05:12:14 pm by Bender2 »
"I've got a twisted sense of humor, and everything amuses me." RAH Beyond this Horizon

Wingnut

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2017, 05:35:40 pm »
NFL WEEK 1

And my Texas Fightn' Aggies will beat the UCLAites.

Okay, okay, all y'all have your...    says--

And hope OU gets beat so I can comfort them...    sad Okie Gals!
Oh my...  I remember last year when you posted that picture...   :silly: :silly: 888high58888

Offline Bender2

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2017, 08:18:43 pm »
Oh my...  I remember last year when you posted that picture...

Spoken like a true, self-appointed genius...     that must believe we only use a photo once and then never, ever again--

Listen, Bendy, jerk factor...    stong in this one!

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/d/d5/MP-YodaSpecies.png/revision/latest?cb=20140412000157
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 08:23:24 pm by Bender2 »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2017, 09:04:20 pm »
Everyone's 2nd favorite team, the Steelers, Terry Bradshaw's birthday is today so happy birthday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMksKd9Jjho

Still so amazing to watch.

Offline Bender2

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2017, 11:09:59 am »
Everyone's 2nd favorite team, the Steelers, Terry Bradshaw's birthday is today so happy birthday.

Still so amazing to watch.

Yeah, Tom, I do... recall that--

But it is all behind me...    now!

Gadzooks, Tom...    Now tell me--

How do I get that image...    out of my mind?

Offline Bender2

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2017, 12:32:33 pm »
From the other site--

Re: mrsmith post: Guess I’ll be watching the Low Def https://www.vipleague.se/sports/american-football.html feeds again.

If you are a Browns fan, mrsmith...    you may not be missing much--

Considering http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3582791/posts Cleveland police, EMS unions won't hold flag for Browns after players knelt for anthem

I hated the Browns in the 60s as they & Jim Brown creamed my Cowboys most times and even knocked old Dan Don out of the game for good in that December 21, 1968 playoff disaster!

Then over the past ten or so years I started to appreciate the Browns of the early days when they were in 10, that's right, ten straight Pro-Football Championship games--  AND won eight of them!

Not even big's all mighty Packers can make that claim.

So, the Browns have fallen mightily these past twenty years or so...    but the actions of the 'Circle Jerk Idiots' on their roster makes me believe they may well deserve it--<P>

You tell 'em, Bend...  Pour it on!

https://rashmanly.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/doomsdaddy_15708_8796.jpg
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 12:33:02 pm by Bender2 »

Offline BigHomer

• D'oh!
  • Homer no function beer well without
    • Not My Circus
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2017, 12:47:27 pm »
Now that the rains have gone it must be time for football. Week one here we come.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 12:47:48 pm by BigHomer »
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Offline Bender2

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2017, 07:35:35 pm »
Find it hard to see your above picks...    that the Titans beat the Raiders, Loinchopps take Arid Zona and the La-La Bolts winning over Devner's Ponies--

Yet, you must have good reasons for such...    but I just don't see it.

See by The Landry Hat (https://thelandryhat.com/2017/09/03/dallas-cowboys-cut-cedric-thornton-add-two-defenders/) that my Boys got "...former Packers’ linebacker Jayrone Elliott, whom the Cowboys traded a conditional seventh round selection in the 2018 NFL Draft to Green Bay for on Sunday.

"Primarily a special teams player, Elliott joins the Cowboys after three seasons with the Packers. In that time, the 25-year old has recorded 57 total tackles, 4.0 sacks, two pass defends, one interception and a forced fumble.

"Elliott could have value as a pass rusher for Dallas as he was able to record those 4.0 sacks in Green Bay despite limited opportunities. In 2015, he had three of those sacks despite playing only 173 defensive snaps on defense that season."

My Boys cut third-year linebacker Mark Nzeocha that had a good camp, so I hope...    it is a trade worth making.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 07:43:36 pm by Bender2 »

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2017, 03:55:42 pm »
I used to feel sorry for the Browns.

http://i.imgur.com/l48J2iH.mp4
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Wingnut

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2017, 09:54:48 pm »
Fins and Bucs ...No game for you!   Postponed

Offline BigHomer

• D'oh!
    • Not My Circus
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2017, 01:23:16 am »
my Boys got "...former Packers’ linebacker Jayrone Elliott, whom the Cowboys traded a conditional seventh round selection in the 2018 NFL Draft to Green Bay for on Sunday.

"Primarily a special teams player, Elliott joins the Cowboys after three seasons with the Packers. In that time, the 25-year old has recorded 57 total tackles, 4.0 sacks, two pass defends, one interception and a forced fumble.

"Elliott could have value as a pass rusher for Dallas as he was able to record those 4.0 sacks in Green Bay despite limited opportunities. In 2015, he had three of those sacks despite playing only 173 defensive snaps on defense that season."

My Boys cut third-year linebacker Mark Nzeocha that had a good camp, so I hope...    it is a trade worth making.

To tell you the truth Bend, I've never heard of the guy. And I watch every game. Good luck with it.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Offline BigHomer

• D'oh!
    • Not My Circus
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2017, 07:59:08 pm »

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2017, 12:23:52 pm »
Aw, poor Pattycakes.  ^-^
Borges: Chiefs put perfectly punishing end to Patriots’ 19-0 talk
Ron Borges
 Friday, September 08, 2017

FOXBORO — Guess the clown nose is on you, folks.

At least on those who dismissed the 12-4 Kansas City Chiefs as if those numbers of a year ago should have been reversed, and the others who kept crowing “undefeated” all summer as if it was a mere formality.

After last night’s crushing 42-27 season-opening loss to Kansas City at Gillette, one thing was accomplished, though. The Patriots don’t have to carry the burden of undefeated expectations any longer.

It was always nonsensical, all that preseason talk of the Patriots being unbeatable. Nobody is unbeatable in this league. At least not for the past 45 years. That’s especially true when your defense apparently has no edge players in its front seven.

You can talk offense all you want, but if your defense allows three 90-yard scoring drives, 537 total yards and touchdown passes of 78 and 75 yards, life is not going to be easy and you are not going to be undefeated for long. In the Pats’ case, not even for a week.  ...
Boston Herald
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 12:40:40 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Bender2

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2017, 01:18:43 pm »
Re: "Michael Bennett Is Lying" at https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/michael-bennett-lying/

Gadzooks-- If you want dead-solid proof there is a bias in the left-loving media, this is the smoking gun.

I am sure I will be branded a racists for this comment of mine because I am after all a 70-year old White guy with red hair and blue eyes. AND my last name is Lee--

The Blacks in the US make up 12.3% of the U.S. population yet the left wing Democrats and the willing media have somehow anointed them to be the vast majority in terms of how the other 86.7% can think.

Look at the number of Blacks in the media. The local new outlets are overwhelming populated by Black and Latino anchors and reporters. If you go by the number of Blacks in TV commercials, they are the vast majority. The same with the casts of just about any TV series. And even Broadway can demand only 'Actors of Color' audition for roles in a so-called American Musical that is a sung and black-rapped about the life of American Founding Father Alexander Hamilton, who was White in both history and fact as was the historical folk around him.

The Oscars and Emmy are supposed to be awards of the best acting yet there is now a quota that Blacks and/or Latinos much be nominated to represent diversification and tolerance. Yet if the folks nominated happen to be all White, just see how much tolerance there is--

Last night in Dallas, Texas, the City Council was actually debating digging up long buried Confederate Veterans to remove a Confederate cemetery from the Dallas city limits. Will they next be digging up my late World War Two Veteran Father because his name is Lee and distantly related to Robert E. Lee?

Civil Rights mean equal treatment for all, not just the Black community to the detriment of any other race or segment. However, this day if you are White, you are automatically a racist in the eyes of the media and all those left-wing folk whose opinion matters. If you are a police officer, the same applies. All perfect nonsense in the world I grew up in yet all now the norm in this crazy, la-la land the left has managed to evolved us into--

Some way, some how, this must be corrected or the nation I grew up in is doomed. I may not have many years left but I still care that my country is becoming a left-wing oligarchy elected by no one to make me guilty of crimes I never committed just for the color of my skin.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 02:18:20 pm by Bender2 »

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2017, 01:59:49 pm »
Not surprisingly, ESPN was all aboard the "Michael Bennett, victim" bandwagon - facts notwithstanding.  :nono:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2017, 02:39:21 pm »
Aw, poor Pattycakes.  ^-^Boston Herald

There were lefty of indications in the pre-season that the Pats are not the threat they once were.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2017, 04:56:17 am »
Not surprisingly, ESPN was all aboard the "Michael Bennett, victim" bandwagon - facts notwithstanding.  :nono:

The Seattle area News seemed to have dropped it and moved on. I think even they now are seeing holes in his story of being singled out and roughed up.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline BigHomer

• D'oh!
    • Not My Circus
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2017, 11:33:23 am »

Offline Bender2

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2017, 12:35:39 pm »

Gadzooks, big--  Where is Red Cashion...    when we need him???

Right here...    Bendy--

FIRST...      DOOOWWWNNN!

Now, let's get to the...  Jersey Jint Kickin'

After a Lone Star...  or ten--

Offline BigHomer

• D'oh!
    • Not My Circus
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2017, 02:46:28 pm »

Now, let's get to the...  Jersey Jint Kickin'

After a Lone Star...  or ten--

Ima bout ready Bend

Offline BigHomer

• D'oh!
    • Not My Circus
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2017, 11:20:05 pm »
There were lefty of indications in the pre-season that the Pats are not the threat they once were.

..lefty of indications

drunk again?

Offline BigHomer

• D'oh!
    • Not My Circus
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2017, 11:28:27 pm »
Well my Packer boys sure haven't looked like a playoff team against a crappy Seattle team
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 11:29:05 pm by BigHomer »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2017, 12:12:56 pm »
The Patriots are in last place and the Bills are first in their division. Welcome to Bizarro NFL.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024