Author Topic: n Harvey Event Report, OIL & GAS SECTOR  (Read 1555 times)

Offline thackney

n Harvey Event Report, OIL & GAS SECTOR
« on: September 02, 2017, 12:58:24 am »
https://energy.gov/sites/prod/files/2017/09/f36/Hurricane%20Harvey%20Event%20Summary%20%2314.pdf

The report above is the latest of a series of status report, focusing on energy impacts of Hurricane Harvey.  Below I've included a portion of the report.  The whole series can be found at:

https://energy.gov/oe/downloads/hurricane-harvey-situation-reports-august-2017

REPORT TIME & DATE: 5:00 PM EDT  Friday, September 1, 2017

OIL & GAS SECTOR
OFFSHORE PRODUCTION

As of 12:30 PM EDT, September 1, 152,989 b/d (8.74%) of the oil production and 405.99
MMcf/d (12.61%) of the natural gas production in the federally administered areas of the U.S.
Gulf of Mexico are shut-in, according to estimates by the Bureau of Safety and Environmental
Enforcement (BSEE).

ONSHORE PRODUCTION

On August 26, the Texas Railroad Commission estimated that approximately 300,000 to
500,000 b/d of crude production had been shut-in in the Eagle Ford region from a pre-storm
production estimate of 870,000 b/d. In addition, approximately 3.0 Bcf/d of natural gas
production had been shut-in from a pre-storm production estimate of about 6.0 Bcf/d. The
Commission had expected most idled production to come back online in the next few days

PETROLEUM REFINERIES

Five refineries in the Gulf Coast region were operating at reduced rates. One refinery that was
shut down began producing at reduced rates since this morning’s update. The refineries have a
combined total capacity of 1,563,776 b/d, equal to 16.1% of total Gulf Coast (PADD 3) refining
capacity and 8.4% of total U.S. refining capacity. (NOTE: Actual crude throughput (production)
reductions are lower than the total combined capacity).

Six refineries had begun the process of restarting from being shut down, which may take a
several days or weeks to start producing product, depending whether they have been
damaged. One refinery started operating, while another refinery began restarting since this
morning’s update. These refineries have a combined capacity of 968,220 b/d, equal to 10% of
total Gulf Coast (PADD 3) refining capacity and 5.2% of total U.S. refining capacity.

As of 03:00 PM EDT, September 1, 10 refineries in the Gulf Coast region were shut down,
according to public reports. One refinery came back online since this morning’s update. These
refineries have a combined refining capacity of 2,917,729 b/d, equal to 30.1% of total Gulf
Coast (PADD 3) refining capacity and 15.8% of total U.S. refining capacity.

COLONIAL PIPELINE

Colonial’s Lines 1 and 2 continue to operate from Lake Charles east. Deliveries will be
intermittent and dependent on terminal and refinery supply. The lines remain down from
Houston to Hebert due to the storms.

Colonial estimates that it will be able to return to service from Houston Sunday, following an
evaluation of its infrastructure and successful execution of its start up plan.

Of the 26 refineries that connect to the Colonial system, 13 are located between Houston and
Lake Charles.

Colonial is one part of the fuel delivery system, and there are multiple means of supplying the
market to mitigate concerns with supply, including other pipelines, trucks, and barges.

Colonial’s top priorities remain the safety of its personnel and integrity of its system

ELECTRICITY OUTAGE DATA
PORTS
RAIL
OTHER PRODUCT PIPELINES
WAIVERS
(see linked report)
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: n Harvey Event Report, OIL & GAS SECTOR
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2017, 02:20:25 am »
Thanks, thackney! Facts beat speculation every time.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2017, 02:47:04 am »
Great. But every gas station that I passed on my way home from work tonight (five in total) was out of gas.   :shrug:
Let it burn.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2017, 03:34:13 am »
Great. But every gas station that I passed on my way home from work tonight (five in total) was out of gas.   :shrug:
@Ghost Bear

Governor Abbott said today gasoline trucks from New Mexico, Oklahoma and Louisiana are going to north Texas where gasoline supply is almost non-existent.  He said if you see these trucks, pull over, so they get to north Texas faster. Gas stations here north of Dallas have no gas and didn't have it yesterday from Dallas to Oklahoma on Hwy. 35 as we went there on that highway.  There were no cars at any gas station; pumps were covered.

Online Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2017, 04:34:03 am »
@Ghost Bear

Governor Abbott said today gasoline trucks from New Mexico, Oklahoma and Louisiana are going to north Texas where gasoline supply is almost non-existent.  He said if you see these trucks, pull over, so they get to north Texas faster. Gas stations here north of Dallas have no gas and didn't have it yesterday from Dallas to Oklahoma on Hwy. 35 as we went there on that highway. There were no cars at any gas station; pumps were covered.

I noticed long lines at the gas stations here yesterday. Today there were very few places with lines... because they didn't have any gas at all and all of their pumps were covered. So from what you said it seems to be happening all over the state.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 04:35:01 am by Ghost Bear »
Let it burn.

Offline Joe Wooten

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2017, 12:31:01 pm »
Ah, the wonders of Just-in-Time inventory control. Great for cost control, but it leaves no reserve for emergencies.

Offline thackney

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2017, 12:55:07 pm »
We saw multiple stations receiving gasoline from semi-trucks yesterday in the SW Houston area.

Offline thackney

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2017, 01:10:03 pm »
Satellite Imagery of Harvey Flooding after the storm.
https://storms.ngs.noaa.gov/storms/harvey/index.html

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2017, 01:37:37 pm »
Ah, the wonders of Just-in-Time inventory control. Great for cost control, but it leaves no reserve for emergencies.

IMHO the biggest problem is all of these STUPID government mandated blends.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline thackney

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2017, 01:46:43 pm »
IMHO the biggest problem is all of these STUPID government mandated blends.

Those have been waived for this event to better allow existing supplies move to other area.  More at the original link.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2017, 01:51:42 pm »
Those have been waived for this event to better allow existing supplies move to other area.  More at the original link.

Well hallelujah!  And they should be waved permanently if you ask me!  Almost as stupid as mandating ethanol inclusion! 
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline thackney

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2017, 02:24:42 am »
https://energy.gov/sites/prod/files/2017/09/f36/Hurricane%20Harvey%20Event%20Summary%20%2316.pdf

Oil and Natural Gas Sector Impacts (as of 2:30 PM EDT)

Seven refineries had begun the process of restarting from being shut down. This process may
take several days or weeks to start producing product, depending whether any damage is found.
One refinery was identified as having begun restart operations since the last report. These
refineries have a combined capacity of 1,528,720 b/d, equal to 15.8% of total Gulf Coast (PADD 3)
refining capacity and 8.3% of total U.S. refining capacity.

Four refineries in the Gulf Coast region were operating at reduced rates. One refinery, which had
been operating at reduced rates, began operating at full rates since the last report. The refineries
operating at reduced rates have a combined total capacity of 1,338,776 b/d, equal to 13.8% of
total Gulf Coast (PADD 3) refining capacity and 7.2% of total U.S. refining capacity. (NOTE: Actual
crude throughput (production) reductions are lower than combined capacity).

Colonial restoration crews are assessing facilities and the pipeline right of way to ensure
conditions are safe for a restart of operations from Houston and Pasadena. Work also continues
to resume operations from other Texas injection points, which are expected to occur after
Houston/Pasadena. Currently, only Texas operations are down, and the remainder of the Colonial
system continues to operate with available supply.

FEMA has established a “Rumor Control” website: https://www.fema.gov/hurricane-harvey-rumor-control

Much more at the link
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 02:27:14 am by thackney »

Offline thackney

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2017, 07:30:23 pm »
Post-Tropical Cyclone Harvey
Event Report (Update #17)
REPORT TIME & DATE: 11:00 AM EDT | Sunday, September 3, 2017
https://energy.gov/sites/prod/files/2017/09/f36/Hurricane%20Harvey%20Event%20Summary%20%2317.pdf

Oil and Natural Gas Sector Impacts (as of 7:30 AM EDT)

As of 07:30 AM EDT, September 3, nine refineries in the Gulf Coast region were shut down,
according to public reports. No shut refineries have changed their status since the last report.
These refineries have a combined refining capacity of 2,357,229 b/d, equal to 24.3% of total Gulf
Coast (PADD 3) refining capacity and 12.7% of total U.S. refining capacity.

Seven refineries had begun the process of restarting after being shut down. This process may
take several days or weeks to start producing product, depending whether any damage is found
during restart. No refineries were identified as having begun restart operations since the last
report. These refineries have a combined capacity of 1,528,720 b/d, equal to 15.8% of total Gulf
Coast (PADD 3) refining capacity and 8.3% of total U.S. refining capacity.

At least four refineries in the Gulf Coast region were operating at reduced rates, according to
public reports. No refineries were identified as having begun restart operations since the last
report. The refineries operating at reduced rates have a combined total capacity of 1,338,776
b/d, equal to 13.8% of total Gulf Coast (PADD 3) refining capacity and 7.2% of total U.S. refining
capacity. (NOTE: Actual crude throughput (production) reductions are lower than the total
combined capacity).

Colonial restoration crews are assessing facilities and the pipeline right of way to ensure
conditions are safe for a restart of operations from Houston and Pasadena. Work also continues
to resume operations from other Texas injection points, which are expected to occur after
Houston/Pasadena. Currently, only Texas operations are down, and the remainder of the Colonial
system continues to operate with available supply