Author Topic: Federal Gov’t Jobs Down 11,000 in 2017; State Gov’t Jobs Down 2,000; Local Gov’t Jobs Up 12,000  (Read 1272 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Federal Gov’t Jobs Down 11,000 in 2017; State Gov’t Jobs Down 2,000; Local Gov’t Jobs Up 12,000
By Terence P. Jeffrey | September 1, 2017 | 9:52 AM EDT

(CNSNews.com) - The number of people working for the federal government has declined by 11,000 in 2017 while the number working for state governments has declined 2,000, according to data published today by the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

But because the number of people employed by local governments has climbed 12,000 so far this year, the overall decline in the number of people employed nationwide by government has only dropped by 1,000 in 2017.

Meanwhile, even though manufacturing jobs have increased by 137,000 this year, the number employed by government in August still exceeded the number employed in manufacturing by 9,818,000.

more
https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jeffrey/federal-govt-jobs-down-11000-2017-state-govt-jobs-down-2000-local
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"The number of people working for the federal government has declined by 11,000 in 2017..."

Well... it's a start.

Offline RoosGirl

The gov't employees 10,000,000 more than manufacturing industry.  That is a sobering number.

Offline LMAO

The gov't employees 10,000,000 more than manufacturing industry.  That is a sobering number.

Government can tax, print, and borrow more than manufacturing. Also, manufacturing can replace employees with automation
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Suppressed

Trouble is, they are getting rid of the good employees via retirement buyouts.

The ones who remain are those who aren't able to just move on to another position. 

A smarter way would be to get rid of the deadweight.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Oceander

Trouble is, they are getting rid of the good employees via retirement buyouts.

The ones who remain are those who aren't able to just move on to another position. 

A smarter way would be to get rid of the deadweight.

Good luck tangling with the civil service unions on that.