Author Topic: 8 Arguments Against Immigration Reform  (Read 3804 times)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: 8 Arguments Against Immigration Reform
« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2017, 08:15:35 pm »
The source is reputable - Pew Research Council.   And what lends it credence is the trend - it's flat.   

Let's see here.

The combined forces of the enforcement agencies, big and small, plus the aid agencies, the businesses, the employment agencies, and the schools can't track illegals but the PRG can?

Unbelievable.

:silly:

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Oceander

« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2017, 10:57:39 pm »
This is such a tiresome discussion because the one side refuses to see reality. 

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2017, 11:08:41 pm »
This is such a tiresome discussion because the one side refuses to see reality.

Yeah. Imagine that.  There seems to be a whole lot of folks who are all primed up for another *one time* amnesty, just like the last one time amnesty.

You get more of what you endorse.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2017, 11:13:32 pm »
Yeah. Imagine that.  There seems to be a whole lot of folks who are all primed up for another *one time* amnesty, just like the last one time amnesty.

You get more of what you endorse.

This'll be the last one, we promise.

The only reality in this argument is that our wide open immigration situation is changing our country forever and no one  in a position of authority intends to do anything about it.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2017, 11:18:21 pm »
This'll be the last one, we promise.

The only reality in this argument is that our wide open immigration situation is changing our country forever and no one  in a position of authority intends to do anything about it.

And that is more than a little tiresome.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Oceander

« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2017, 11:23:36 pm »
You have two choices: the current situation, where illegals are here and get used and abused by employers and the democrats, or you legalize those who behave themselves to guest-worker status and you let anyone with a clean record who wants to come in and work come in as a guest-worker. 

What you will never get is the fantasy of a 100% purge of all illegal aliens.  It ain't happening.  Period.  You can continue to waste valuable political capital on a wild goose chase, and continue to marginalize yourselves politically, or you can have some say on a reasonable compromise.  Your choice. 

Offline skeeter

« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2017, 11:27:41 pm »
You have two choices: the current situation, where illegals are here and get used and abused by employers and the democrats, or you legalize those who behave themselves to guest-worker status and you let anyone with a clean record who wants to come in and work come in as a guest-worker. 

What you will never get is the fantasy of a 100% purge of all illegal aliens.  It ain't happening.  Period.  You can continue to waste valuable political capital on a wild goose chase, and continue to marginalize yourselves politically, or you can have some say on a reasonable compromise.  Your choice.

I have no choice.

But if I did, I would point out that the last truly 'reasonable compromise' was in 1986, but the other side apparently had their fingers crossed.

No more. I'd rather take my place on the sidelines than be made a fool of again. That way I can at least claim to my grandkids I had nothing to do with the f'd up condition of the country I was handing down to them.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 11:29:36 pm by skeeter »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2017, 11:29:47 pm »

Aah, my friend Oceander. I have already been marginalized by mealy-mouthed backstabbing worthless Pieces Of Shit who were supposed to follow the rule of law and just couldn't quite manage to do that.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2017, 11:30:22 pm »

Build the fence. Enforce the law. Or Republicans are no more.

Oceander

« Reply #59 on: September 02, 2017, 12:36:58 am »
Build the fence. Enforce the law. Or Republicans are no more.

And at the end of the day all you've done is waste billions of dollars, tons of scarce political capital, and utterly failed to get rid of any substantial portion of the current illegal population or substantially curtail new arrivals, but you have given the democrats hundreds of thousands of new supporters and denied yourself the ability to have any say in the actual immigration reform that gets passed.

If that's what you prefer, so be it.  You won't get any cooperation from me or from most Americans. 

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #60 on: September 02, 2017, 12:39:15 am »
The title is purported to read:
"8 Arguments Against Immigration Reform..."

Huh?
This is a thinly-veiled pro-immigration reform piece.

We don't need "immigration reform".

We DO need border enforcement -- the wall is step one.

We DO need enforcement of existing immigration laws, which haven't been vigorously enforced for at least two decades. This is changing under the Trump administration.

We DO need to toss out those executive orders put into place by obama, which were intended to further dilute existing law and further open the borders...

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #61 on: September 02, 2017, 03:30:07 am »

If that's what you prefer, so be it.  You won't get any cooperation [...] from most Americans.

I think you're stone dead wrong in that,

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #62 on: September 02, 2017, 04:29:58 am »
Undocumented immigrant population remains flat for eighth straight year
If you don't mind my asking, How in the Hell do you confidently count people who are undocumented?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #63 on: September 02, 2017, 04:51:56 am »
If you don't mind my asking, How in the Hell do you confidently count people who are undocumented?

You get a reputable research organization to look into it. A couple of phone calls, a computer model, a  flowchart or two, and several graphs later you have all the answers you need.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #64 on: September 02, 2017, 05:00:32 am »
You get a reputable research organization to look into it. A couple of phone calls, a computer model, a  flowchart or two, and several graphs later you have all the answers you need.
Cool. Then all you have to do is subpoena that information and start knocking on doors, with a border bound bus on standby.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2017, 05:02:21 am »
Cool. Then all you have to do is subpoena that information and start knocking on doors, with a border bound bus on standby.

Careful there, you'll be labeled a nazi.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #66 on: September 02, 2017, 05:04:32 am »
Careful there, you'll be labeled a nazi.

@RoosGirl
And I'll bet he's got a Confederate Flag or two somewhere in his house...

@Smokin Joe

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #67 on: September 02, 2017, 05:16:59 am »
@RoosGirl
And I'll bet he's got a Confederate Flag or two somewhere in his house...

@Smokin Joe
Well, I had a Battle Flag, I kept it next to my Maryland Flag.

That was before the fire.

I also had a Betsy Ross (pattern) Flag.

If I'd take the time, I could belong to a bunch of genealogically based organizations, including the Sons of the American Revolution and Sons of the Confederacy.

But if I want to mess with people, the Gadsen Flag or the banner of Edward III, or a couple of naval ensigns will work--my relatives  fought under all but the Gadsen, including, more recently the 49 star US Flag, and the current 50 star edition of the American Flag.

I stopped flying my Battle Flag after people up this way had been pretty much 'taught' by the MSM it was a skinhead thing, before it got to be a 'racist' thing, before the NeoNazis co-opted it, because I don't want to be associated with people like that. It's just a heritage 'thing' for me, and those other people aren't part of that.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #68 on: September 02, 2017, 05:25:34 am »
It's just a heritage 'thing' for me, and those other people aren't part of that.

@Smokin Joe
Aw hell, Joe, I know what it is to you.

I 'fly' it still (stickers on the truck, hats, etc), because it's heritage. Let them nazi bastards go get their own dang flag.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #69 on: September 02, 2017, 05:29:12 am »
@Smokin Joe
Aw hell, Joe, I know what it is to you.

I 'fly' it still (stickers on the truck, hats, etc), because it's heritage. Let them nazi bastards go get their own dang flag.
They have their own flag. It's just that stupid neighbors don't know the difference.

C S Lewis

Offline jpsb

« Reply #70 on: September 02, 2017, 07:10:23 am »
Okay, open the border to everyone and give them all voting cards.

That is the goal of the progressives arguing for "immigration reform". They know that the millions of new "Americans" will vote for the Marxists' Democrats. Of course the USA will cease to exist and that just fine with them.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #71 on: September 02, 2017, 07:16:04 am »
And at the end of the day all you've done is

Please tell me why I should listen to you about anything. Have you ever been right about something? Seems to me you are on the wrong side of every issue that gets discussed here and wrong in every prediction you've made here.