Author Topic: Chamber of Commerce struggling to find common ground with Trump on immigration  (Read 642 times)

rangerrebew

Chamber of Commerce struggling to find common ground with Trump on immigration

by Sean Higgins | Aug 31, 2017, 2:33 PM

The Chamber of Commerce admitted Thursday that it is struggling to find common ground with President Trump on immigration, and so far hasn't been able to find a "sweet spot" on the controversial issue.

"We don't have a policy paper on immigration. It's a controversial area," Randy Johnson, the Chamber's senior vice president for labor and immigration policy, said at a press briefing Thursday. "We're trying to figure out where our interests align with the Trump administration."

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ch...rticle/2633111

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, admin@gopbriefingroom.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Apache Server at www.gopbriefingroom.com Port 80

I got the above when I first hit reply

Common ground? It's easy to find, all the Chmberpot of Commerde needs to do is acknowledge the need to enforce every immigration law already on the books and quit aiding and abetting illegal invaders, whatever their point of origin.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 02:20:28 am by GtHawk »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Common ground? It's easy to find, all the Chmberpot of Commerde needs to do is acknowledge the need to enforce every immigration law already on the books and quit aiding and abetting illegal invaders, whatever their point of origin.
That's it in a nutshell. Follow the law. Period.

Why is that something to "struggle" with?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DB

The Chamber burned all respect I had for it back when they decided cheap labor at the expense of others was more important than American citizens or the rule of law.