Author Topic: Anthony Rizzo Tears Up During Unveiling of Pediatric Cancer Waiting Room Named in His Honor  (Read 554 times)

Wingnut

Kid is a winner! 

A ​heartwarming story out of Chicago.

​Anthony Rizzo is an absolute stud first baseman for the Chicago Cubs; he helped lead the team to their first World Series in 86 years last season and continues to improve in his seventh MLB season. If you ask him, however, those are just a few of the things that make Rizzo who he is.

​One of the attributes that Rizzo would presumably use to describe himself is "cancer survivor," a title that has helped propel his baseball career as a result of his fearlessness and resiliency.

On Tuesday, an emotional Rizzo fulfilled one of his dreams of funding his own pediatric cancer waiting room, appropriately named the Anthony Rizzo Family Foundation Waiting Room. A video  of the unveiling can be seen by clicking on the link provided.

http://www.12up.com/posts/5466614-anthony-rizzo-tears-up-during-unveiling-of-pediatric-cancer-waiting-room-named-in-his-honor?a_aid=36534

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
Kid is a winner! 

A ​heartwarming story out of Chicago.

​Anthony Rizzo is an absolute stud first baseman for the Chicago Cubs; he helped lead the team to their first World Series in 86 years last season and continues to improve in his seventh MLB season. If you ask him, however, those are just a few of the things that make Rizzo who he is.

​One of the attributes that Rizzo would presumably use to describe himself is "cancer survivor," a title that has helped propel his baseball career as a result of his fearlessness and resiliency.

On Tuesday, an emotional Rizzo fulfilled one of his dreams of funding his own pediatric cancer waiting room, appropriately named the Anthony Rizzo Family Foundation Waiting Room. A video  of the unveiling can be seen by clicking on the link provided.

http://www.12up.com/posts/5466614-anthony-rizzo-tears-up-during-unveiling-of-pediatric-cancer-waiting-room-named-in-his-honor?a_aid=36534

Rizzo is a winner! I wanted to donate a little bit of money to someone who has been great for baseball, and my MLB guy gave me two names.  Rizzo was one of them.  He is a great person.  He got my donation.

Baseball has been part of my life since I can remember.  The Chicago Cubs was my first favorite team as a preteen.  Went to a game here with the D-Backs vs. the Cubbies.  The Cubbies fans were out of this world excited.  I guess there are a lot of them here!

Congratulations to Rizzo!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 09:03:10 am by Slip18 »
"It's fun; baseball's fun."  Yogi Berra

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
We needed a happy news story.

Thanks for this.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Wingnut

Thanks to you two for resurrecting the story! 888high58888
@Slip18
@Freya

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
@Wingnut  @Freya  @DCPatriot  @Polly Ticks @EasyAce @catfish1957 @GrouchoTex  @Bigun

I would really like to add another post for Rizzo.  What a guy!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 11:02:31 pm by Slip18 »
"It's fun; baseball's fun."  Yogi Berra

Offline Polly Ticks

This is marvelous. 

Thanks for the ping, @Slip18 .   I missed it the first time around.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra