Author Topic: Would Be Looter Survives Shot In The Head During Texas Home Invasion  (Read 3743 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
The Goldwater By Kyle James   |  08-26-2017

One man in Corpus Christi, Texas thought he saw an opportunity to loot some homes when Hurricane Harvey touched down last Friday night. Little did he know that the homeowner of the home he picked didn't evacuate. The would be looter was met with lethal force when the homeowner caught him breaking into his home and shot him in the head. The man somehow survived the injury and the homeowner called the police. When police responded to the scene they found the man shot in the head but alive. The homeowner told police that the wounded man had broken into his residence and he had used his firearm in self-defense to shoot the intruder.

The shooting took place just an hour after Hurricane Harvey touched down in Texas. It is the first category 4 hurricane that has touched down in the state in over a decade. The last few days have seen the people of Texas preparing for the storm with some counties being fully evacuated. Over a 100,000 people are without power as the winds blow trees and power lines down. One high school has been leveled already by the storm with reports of people trapped inside. The state's emergency response units and FEMA have prepared for causalities.

More: https://thegoldwater.com/news/7146-Would-Be-Looter-Survives-Shot-In-The-Head-During-Texas-Home-Invasion

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Re: Would Be Looter Survives Shot In The Head During Texas Home Invasion
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 09:10:35 pm »
Two Looters Shot During First Hours Of Hurricane Harvey

https://www.americas1stfreedom.org/articles/2017/8/29/ftfs/two-looters-shot-during-first-hours-of-hurricane-harvey/

The second incident occurred Saturday morning. The Houston Chronicle reports that Houston police received a call around 3 a.m. about a shooting. During the investigation, they found an intruder dead at the scene, shot by the homeowner during an attempted robbery. Unfortunately, Texas police are confirming that several thefts have occurred during the first major hurricane to hit the United States in 12 years.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 09:26:52 pm »
The shooting took place just an hour after Hurricane Harvey touched down in Texas.

Somebody needs to tell Kyle James that Hurricanes "make landfall."  Tornadoes "touch down."  Hurricanes are a lot like the Dallas Cowboys that way....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2017, 09:26:57 pm »
Some people are luckier than they deserve.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2017, 09:45:10 pm »
Looting is an extremely hazordious vocation in Texas!  And we like it that way!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Wingnut

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2017, 09:47:16 pm »
Looting is an extremely hazordious vocation in Texas!  And we like it that way!

It is down right suicidal!

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2017, 09:51:29 pm »
It is down right suicidal!

Pretty much! 

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2017, 09:57:09 pm »
I was talking to Mrs. Liberty about this the other day, the difference between New Orleans and Houston.  I told her NOLA is populated by people who, if they had guns at all, had them confiscated illegally by the Police.  In Houston, people band together in small armies to protect their neighborhoods, and anybody attempting to loot will be blown away, poste-haste.  Reason given in the Police Report?  "He needed killing."

Idiots are finding this out the hard way right now.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2017, 10:03:21 pm »
I was talking to Mrs. Liberty about this the other day, the difference between New Orleans and Houston.  I told her NOLA is populated by people who, if they had guns at all, had them confiscated illegally by the Police.  In Houston, people band together in small armies to protect their neighborhoods, and anybody attempting to loot will be blown away, poste-haste.  Reason given in the Police Report?  "He needed killing."

Idiots are finding this out the hard way right now.

As you wrote this KTRK Houston reporter was interviewing a resident of one flooded neighborhood.  She was standing there in her yard on camera with a semi auto shotgun in her hand.  Just sayin!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2017, 10:09:12 pm »
As you wrote this KTRK Houston reporter was interviewing a resident of one flooded neighborhood.  She was standing there in her yard on camera with a semi auto shotgun in her hand.  Just sayin!

It's how it's done.  There is no other practical way.  Apparently you have to be on the West side of the Mississippi to understand this principle.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2017, 10:13:23 pm »
It's how it's done.  There is no other practical way.  Apparently you have to be on the West side of the Mississippi to understand this principle.

Sadly a few more will have to be shown before this is over.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2017, 10:15:15 pm »
Sadly a few more will have to be shown before this is over.

I don't know.  People in Texas all pretty much understand the "He needed killing" rule.  Really, the only fools likely to be in need of instruction are the fools who were evacuated from Katrina and then never left.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2017, 10:27:10 pm »
Shot in the head and missed his brain somehow. Shocking!

Wingnut

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2017, 10:34:48 pm »

And east of California

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2017, 11:53:20 pm »
Shot in the head and missed his brain somehow. Shocking!

See reference:  Gabrielle Giffords.  Shot in the head and still mouths what her puppet master husband says.  Proof Demcrats don't need a brain to mouth platitudes. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2017, 12:06:34 am »
And east of California
Well to be fair there are quite a few of us in California that understand this concept, it's just that we are outnumbered by the  in Sacramento, under the auspices of the leading ass in the state

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2017, 07:48:42 am »
Shotguns are nice. High on the intimidation scale, pull the plug, and have 5 rounds in most, more in others, and double barrels are in a class all their own. At close range, even birdshot makes an impressive hole (think a 1 oz frangible round), and there is a wide variety of ammo available, even non-lethal rounds if you don't want to mean it.
The other serious advantage? No ballistics to match.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2017, 01:21:44 pm »
Shotguns are nice. High on the intimidation scale, pull the plug, and have 5 rounds in most, more in others, and double barrels are in a class all their own. At close range, even birdshot makes an impressive hole (think a 1 oz frangible round), and there is a wide variety of ammo available, even non-lethal rounds if you don't want to mean it.
The other serious advantage? No ballistics to match.

My home defense weapon is a double barrel 16 gauge loaded with HV#4s

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2017, 01:31:56 pm »
My home defense weapon is a double barrel 16 gauge loaded with HV#4s
That will do, for sure. I keep the .45 handy, and a machete, but can get nasty with a lot in this house (I'm creative, and look at almost everything for its potential as a weapon.)

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2017, 01:36:06 pm »
That will do, for sure. I keep the .45 handy, and a machete, but can get nasty with a lot in this house (I'm creative, and look at almost everything for its potential as a weapon.)

I have backup as well.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2017, 01:44:01 pm »
I have backup as well.
Multiples, no part of the house is completely devoid of weaponry.

C S Lewis

Wingnut

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2017, 01:49:44 pm »
Multiples, no part of the house is completely devoid of weaponry.

Been saying the Same thing  about ANTIFA, someone approaches you with a mask and armed with a baseball bat, you have every legal right to shoot them....several times

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2017, 01:51:52 pm »
Been saying the Same thing  about ANTIFA, someone approaches you with a mask and armed with a baseball bat, you have every legal right to shoot them....several times
The way they've been acting, I wouldn't trust any of them, baseball bat or no... Someone comes at me with a mask on they'd better be a fireman or it better be d@mned cold out.

C S Lewis