Author Topic: 6 Secrets From a Pharmacist  (Read 654 times)

rangerrebew

6 Secrets From a Pharmacist
« on: August 29, 2017, 03:29:42 pm »
BYOB: Bring your own (pill) bottles to doctor appointments.

By Katherine Di Palo, Contributor | Aug. 29, 2017, at 6:00 a.m.

Your pharmacist is happy to help organize your medications, vitamins and supplements. (iStockPhoto)

Staying on top of medications can be daunting. From side effects to food interactions, what do we really need know about what we are taking? As a pharmacist at Montefiore Health System, a busy New York City hospital, I provide care for a diverse population of patients. Everyone from the elderly man just discharged from the hospital with seven new medications, to the mom-to-be trying to navigate which cough syrup is safe to take – my team helps them make the most informed decisions.

Below are a few tips everyone can use to safely and effectively take medications, vitamins and supplements:

http://health.usnews.com/health-care/for-better/articles/2017-08-29/6-secrets-from-a-pharmacist
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 04:02:17 pm by MOD4 »

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: 6 Secrets From a Pharmacist
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 03:40:50 pm »
BYOB: Bring your own (pill) bottles to doctor appointments.

By Katherine Di Palo, Contributor | Aug. 29, 2017, at 6:00 a.m.

Your pharmacist is happy to help organize your medications, vitamins and supplements. (iStockPhoto)

Staying on top of medications can be daunting. From side effects to food interactions, what do we really need know about what we are taking? As a pharmacist at Montefiore Health System, a busy New York City hospital, I provide care for a diverse population of patients. Everyone from the elderly man just discharged from the hospital with seven new medications, to the mom-to-be trying to navigate which cough syrup is safe to take – my team helps them make the most informed decisions.

Below are a few tips everyone can use to safely and effectively take medications, vitamins and supplements:

http://health.usnews.com/health-care/for-better/articles/2017-08-29/6-secrets-from-a-pharmacist
@rangerrebew  They're still secret. (link goes to "start new topic" page).

Thanks for all the articles you post!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 04:10:44 pm by MOD4 »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline MOD4

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 04:03:00 pm »
@rangerrebew  They're still secret. (link goes to "start new topic" page).

Thanks for all the articles you post!

I fixed it.

M4
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 04:09:18 pm by MOD4 »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2017, 04:08:17 pm »
I found this company called "Pill Pack."  They package all your medications in one-dose packs, like one for morning and one for evening.  It helps to keep your dosing straight when you have more than a couple of different maintenance drugs to keep track of.  They take insurance.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2017, 04:16:32 pm »
My pharmacist uncle once told me that the most important thing for his customers was their bowels.  I worked for him one summer,  and he was right. They frequently consulted him on matters of regularity.

Not sure whether that qualifies as a secret, but there you are.  :laugh:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org