Author Topic: Jesse Jackson: Owners 'have colluded' to keep Colin Kaepernick out of NFL  (Read 522 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Jesse Jackson: Owners 'have colluded' to keep Colin Kaepernick out of NFL
CBS News, August 26, 2017, Ryan Wilson

The 2017 regular-season is less than two weeks away and Colin Kaepernick remains out of work. Depending on who you ask, the reasons vary from "he's being blackballed by the league because he knelt during the national anthem last season" (as a form of protest against social injustice, it should be noted) to "he just hasn't played well enough the last few years."

Rev. Jesse Jackson firmly falls into the former category. On Friday, he said during an appearance on "Real Time with Bill Maher" that NFL owners "have colluded" to keep Kaepernick from playing.

"They have decided not to have him play and he should have the right to play and express himself at the same time," he told Maher, adding later, "He's not burning the flag, he's not hustling drugs to teammates, he's not shooting people with guns."

More: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jesse-jackson-owners-have-colluded-to-keep-colin-kaepernick-out-of-nfl/

Online dfwgator

Kaepernick could still be with the 49ers, but he opted out of his contract.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

The Master of Shakedown artistry wants another bribe to shut up.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Bastids colluded to keep me out too.

Just because I can't play and have no interest in the game is no reason to deny me millions of dollars.

Wingnut

Run Jesse Run...away