Author Topic: Former GOP senator: We need to make clear that Trump doesn’t represent what the Republican Party stands for  (Read 849 times)

Offline endicom

Hot Air
Allahpundit
Aug. 25, 2017

He beat 16 candidates to win the party’s presidential nomination. And not JV-level candidates like Romney did in 2012, either. Cruz, Rubio, Rand Paul and others were big names, fluent in discussing policy, and (with a few key exceptions) reliably right-wing on the issues. Trump defeated them all easily in nearly every major primary. And once he was nominee, they all fell in line behind him. It bears stressing this: He’s the same guy now as he was last year. There have been various shocks during his first seven months but no true surprises. The party chose him expecting him to be this guy, elected him expecting him to be this guy, and is now being rewarded by having him be this guy. Even with no significant legislation passed, daily distractions on Twitter, sniping at congressional Republicans, needless self-made clusterfarks over some of the “very fine people” in the alt-right, conflicts of interest, and sporadic Russiagate developments, he still enjoys the backing of 75-80 percent of GOPers or better in most polls. When Kevin Williamson, disgusted, warned Republicans after Trump finished off Cruz in the Indiana primary, “Remember, you asked for this,” he wasn’t just warning them about the chaos to come. He was acknowledging a plain fact. We did in fact ask for this.

More... http://hotair.com/archives/2017/08/25/former-gop-senator-need-make-clear-trump-doesnt-represent-republican-party-stands/

Who disembalmed Danforth?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline mountaineer

John Danforth.
I didn't realize he was still alive (and he's my former Senator).
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline dfwgator

And just what DOES the Republican Party stand for?

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
And just what DOES the Republican Party stand for?

They don't stand for anything. They prefer to swim. In a river of their own chit.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley