Author Topic: US State Department's Expanded Travel Warning for Mexico Includes Cancun, Tulum  (Read 542 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
US State Department's Expanded Travel Warning for Mexico Includes Cancun, Tulum
Quintana Roo, home to resort towns popular with U.S. tourists, has seen a rise in homicide rates
By Samantha Tatro

The U.S. Department of State issued an updated travel advisory for citizens traveling to Mexico, expanding a Dec. 8 warning to include the state of Quintana Roo, home to several resorts popular with American tourists.

The advisory issued Tuesday hits at the heart of Mexico's tourism industry. Quintana Roo, which includes resort towns of Cancun, Cozumel, Playa del Carmen, Riviera Maya, and Tulum, has seen a rise in homicide rates, according to the State Department.

"While most of these homicides appeared to be targeted criminal organization assassinations, turf battles between criminal groups have resulted in violent crime in areas frequented by U.S. citizens. Shooting incidents, in which innocent bystanders have been injured or killed, have occurred," the advisory warned.

Source: http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/US-State-Department-Issues-Travel-Warning-for-Parts-of-Mexico-441439493.html#ixzz4qhhe5lQo
Follow us: @nbcsandiego on Twitter | NBCSanDiego on Facebook

It use to be such a nice place to visit, this other has always existed but was mostly in the background.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I'm sure it was a lovely place but IMO you'd have to be crazy to go down there now. However, I know a lot of American do.

Online berdie

I'm sure it was a lovely place but IMO you'd have to be crazy to go down there now. However, I know a lot of American do.

It was a great place for a cheap, lovely vacation. I haven't been in years and sure wouldn't go now.

These folks that are going now seem to go to all inclusive resorts. I don't get the attraction to those. Why pay money to go to a foreign country to sit in a contained environment?

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
If Mexico won't get it's crap together, then their tourism industry suffer. Their govt acts like a bunch of smug punks toward the US, time to bend them over our knee.
The Republic is lost.