Author Topic: Recreational Equipment Chain CEO Doesn’t Want Business from Trump Supporters  (Read 2847 times)

Offline RoosGirl

he CEO of a chain that specializes in Recreational Vehicle and camping equipment sales has made a rather strange business decision by announcing that if you support President Trump, that you can take your business elsewhere.

Camping World boss Marcus Lemonis is one of the growing numbers of corporate chieftains who are now comfortable enough to tell Trump supporters exactly how they feel about them even if it costs them customers.

Mr. Lemonsis was especially bold when he turned away untold amounts of future business during an interview on CNBC. Lemonsis is also a major player in NASCAR which now seems to be following the NFL down the dark alley of infusing sports with radical leftist politics.

Continued - https://downtrend.com/donn-marten/recreational-equipment-chain-ceo-doesnt-want-business-from-trump-supporters

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Hopefully consumers will grant these companies, their wish.

Then when the board's see the downturn in sales volume, replace the idiot officers that turn away business, so boldly.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline corbe

I was happy to learn that besides being a stupid businessman, he wasn't a NT'er, we catch enough flak as it is.

1996 Florida House campaign[edit]

Lemonis, appearing on the ballot as Marc Anthony Lemonis, lost to two-term Republican incumbent Bruno Barreiro, 42.44% to 57.56%,[34] despite being endorsed by the Miami Herald. The Miami Herald called Lemonis, a Democrat, a "political neophyte" but endorsed him because "he exudes energy and ideas."
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

debrawiest

We purchased an RV from Camping World this spring. Based on the level of incompetence we experienced there, we will NEVER buy another rig from them. This article only serves to solidify our decision.
He also owns Gander Mountain. Won't be shopping there either.

Offline RoosGirl

We purchased an RV from Camping World this spring. Based on the level of incompetence we experienced there, we will NEVER buy another rig from them. This article only serves to solidify our decision.
He also owns Gander Mountain. Won't be shopping there either.

Isn't Gander going out of business?

debrawiest

Isn't Gander going out of business?

He just bought them. Swooped in to save the company.

Offline RoosGirl

Ah ha!  I did not know that.  Is it mentioned in the story and I just missed it?

debrawiest

Ah ha!  I did not know that.  Is it mentioned in the story and I just missed it?

It's mentioned here.

http://alphanewsmn.com/new-gander-mountain-owner-facing-backlash-anti-trump-comment/

Offline corbe

He's done that before: from WIKI

Apart from Camping World, Lemonis is a serial entrepreneur and has helped several troubled businesses. Rose's Bakery & Wheat Free Café was set to close its doors on Christmas Eve of 2012 when Lemonis stepped in with an investment that allowed the bakery to remain open. He wrote an initial check for US$200,000 to become the majority owner of the business with a commitment of an additional US$150,000 investment over the next 18 months.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcus_Lemonis

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
This is the same Marcus Lemonis who stars in the CNBC reality TV show "the Profit".

CNBC is a business network.  Wouldn't it be a shame if he lost this gig and it's exposure. 

I tried to do a search of their advertisers with no luck so far.  Anyone else know how to get a list?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline montanajoe

Actually this could be a brilliant marketing move. I can see some Trump supporters saying you don't want my money  because I support Trump...well tough I'm gonna spend it here whether you want me to or not...

Offline DB

Hopefully consumers will grant these companies, their wish.

Then when the board's see the downturn in sales volume, replace the idiot officers that turn away business, so boldly.

These SJW CEOs need to crash and burn in a big way, out front and center, to set an example to the other fools who think the same way. Their arrogance is astounding.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Let’s sue him and force him to take our business and like it! (Of course I’m being facetious.)

That being said, maybe he shouldn’t be sponsoring a NASCAR circuit if he doesn’t want to appeal to its fans.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Does his outfit bake cakes?  888bravo
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline goatprairie

Let’s sue him and force him to take our business and like it! (Of course I’m being facetious.)

That being said, maybe he shouldn’t be sponsoring a NASCAR circuit if he doesn’t want to appeal to its fans.
There is little doubt that a very high percentage of people who work for this guy's various businesses voted for Trump. Is he going to tell all of them to quit?
A CEO of a major corp. telling people who didn't vote for his candidate to not buy his products is an idiot.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I'd say people could go to this unfortunately named place, but Camping World bought the Richmond, IN site.

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Polly Ticks

Does his outfit bake cakes?  888bravo

Exactly what I was thinking.  "Just bake the cake."  "Just rent the RV."   I'd love to hear a liberal explain the difference.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline anubias

Email I received from Marcus Lemonis today:
8/23/17
When I came to this country as an infant I had no idea what would be in store for me. A place where most get a chance to succeed. With a loving family and a ton of luck I was given my shot. Now the road wasn't as easy as some think. I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth but I was more fortunate than others in the sense of having two great parents, a roof, always food and clothing and provided a good education. During those years I had my own internal struggle like most do. Struggles that are kept secret in some cases and others than are out for all to see. As a kid, I was bullied. Now that doesn't make me special or require any special privilege but it does stick with you. As I grew up I knew I needed to be someone and do something. It was the only way I could prove to myself and others that I was worth more than they thought of me but quite frankly needed for my own mental health. I am much more insecure than people know. I get depressed, sad, scared etc. but who cares we all do. Over the last 15 years I have been blessed to be part of building a business with people that believed in me. Something new for me. I was given a chance to build something that I could leave as a lasting legacy. Even though I started experiencing success, I never quite felt fulfilled. It's not about the money. I felt like I needed to do more, to contribute more. Thru those years I made mistakes. A lot of them. Struggled with personal relationships, mistreated friends, etc. I suppose that's human but I couldn't understand why. The last five years I spent my time working on my business but also dedicated my life to small business. It was a way for me to help the underdog. I never did it for the money or the attention but rather to fill a void. I felt like I had to do it to payback a place that gave me a break. I made plenty of mistakes during this process as well. Trusted people who I shouldn't have, made deals I shouldn't have and sometimes did it for the wrong reason. But who cares, we all make mistakes. Over the last year I have, or at least I thought had, really grown. It's funny but in my mind, I had grown up. I felt like I needed to consider how serious things got around here. Everything became intense and confrontational. Skin started to thicken, tensions started to rise and heels dug in. I suppose it's more of a protective measure for me and probably others as well. Now in this moment no one person was to blame for this. I started having sensory overload. I'm sure over the last year I felt the need to be more careful, be less trusting and I maybe didn't even know it was happening. You watch tv and everyone is arguing. Yes, everyone. You drive in your car and everyone is aggressive. And mistakes are made. As a child being bullied didn't make me different or special it made me more sensitive, more forgiving, more focused and helping.

As I continued over the last several months to read, listen and observe I noticed that my conviction was weakening. I felt like I needed to just accept the way things are and move on. Which felt like a mistake.

If you have noticed I have said mistake a bunch of times and I'm sure there are typos and grammar mistakes all over this free form written document. Sometimes those mistakes come out of my mouth.

The mistake I made in the last week was not being clear.

Do I wish that there was more speed of clarity and conviction around the violence? Yes Do I think that hate and violence has taken over everywhere, yes?

Do I think one person is to blame? No

Do I think that there are two sides to every story? Yes

While I stand strong on my position that violence, hate, bigotry is unacceptable from anyone regardless of what side you are on and that all of us need to be accountable, only I am accountable for my actions.

Last week I gave my opinion on what had happened. I made the mistake of letting my fear and emotion talk about subjects that I shouldn't have. As the CEO of a business, I am responsible to take care of the people that work there. I opened my mouth and put them in harm’s way. While I know, that the headline published was taken out of context and I have to live with that. there should have never been a headline and I gave a chance to live.

My apology is sincere. It is to my employees who have been forced to deal with this. I am nothing without you. I am here to serve, guide and protect you. I will work harder. Please forgive me. Please don't punish them.

I apologize to anyone who has supported their cause, their political preference, their candidate, their beliefs. I was Not raised this way and have always been taught to respect everyone. This is a free county and my fears shouldn't be projected on anyone. I am asking for your forgiveness. I should have not disrespected that and will not again.

I apologize to the people who have followed my show for years and have said they have learned so much and are inspired, who now say that have been let down and will never trust me again.

I DO NOT apologize to anyone who is in favor or hate, violence, bigotry or racism. And I will do my part to help eliminate it from both sides. One way I do that is by being an example. You are the reason I made this mistake. You took my common sense away and purpose. I will not let you beat me or beat me down.

I am a man of conviction. Most of the time it's what people like about me. In this case it's quite the opposite.

I have not written this because I worry about what it means to me financially, because that's normally the response I hear when I say I'm sorry.

I have written this because I know what has been my purpose up to now, which is to help people and I want to be able to continue that.

People make mistakes. Obviously, this past week I'm the poster child.

Sincerely from my heart, Marcus

« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 05:12:52 pm by anubias »

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Hopefully there's enough enviro loving granola hipsters out there to keep him afloat, because he just halved his market.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 04:44:30 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline anubias

Hopefully there's enough enviro loving granola hipsters out there to keep him afloat, because he just halved his market.

I would think the majority of his market are rednecks and older RVers.  I believe he may have shat in his mess kit.  I hope so anyway.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Sort of.  Our store closed a couple weeks ago.

And by the time I heard about it the safes I had been looking at had been sold, at a nice discount.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline skeeter

This clown took his holding company public last year. I'm sure the shareholders are delighted with his new direction.

Offline RoosGirl

Email I received from Marcus Lemonis today:

He should have hired a PR person to help him with that hot mess of a letter.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

I wrote an email to them last week.  Got a PR response.    Screw them
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Not only bad PR, but he is acting like a pure lunatic.  F him.

Hope some of his prospective CNBC show takeover customers were MAGA hats
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 06:21:00 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.