Author Topic: Hank Aaron says he won't watch NFL because of how Colin Kaepernick was treated  (Read 675 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Hank Aaron says he won't watch NFL because of how Colin Kaepernick was treated
Fox News, Aug 23, 2017, Kathleen Joyce

Baseball legend Hank Aaron said he won't watch any NFL games this season because of how the league treated former quarterback Colin Kaepernick after Kaepernick's national anthem protest last season drew widespread scrutiny.

Aaron spoke to Roland Martin of the Tom Joyner Morning Show in Atlanta after the Braves held a weekend in honor of the baseball great and one-time home run king. Aaron told Martin he wished the NFL would give Kaepernick a chance and was also upset the team he roots for, the Baltimore Ravens, did not sign the former San Francisco 49ers quarterback.

I think he’s getting a raw deal," Aaron said. "If you look at all the quarterbacks in the league right now, he is one, two, three, four. I don’t think anybody can do the things he could do. I wish somebody would open up and give him a chance to do his thing."

More: http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2017/08/23/hank-aaron-says-wont-watch-nfl-because-how-colin-kaepernick-was-treated.html

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Kaepernick is not a great quarterback.   He's proven that.   He's also not a good person, also proven.

This guy who plays a game and got paid big bucks spits on the people who paid to watch him play.

****slapping
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Polly Ticks

*sigh*

I love ya, Hank, but you really need to stick to baseball.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online NavyCanDo

Kaepernick is not a great quarterback.   He's proven that.   He's also not a good person, also proven.

This guy who plays a game and got paid big bucks spits on the people who paid to watch him play.

****slapping

He was welcomed into how many practice fields this summer? Including my Seahawks. Even if he has the talent, if he doesnt earn respect on and off  the field and showsvpositive leadership, he just hurts the team. Thats why he's not signed.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online DB

Being an ahole has consequences from time to time...

Wingnut

Being an ahole has consequences from time to time...

Hank was no Jackie Robinson.   

Offline berdie

IMHO Kaepernick started all of this because he felt slighted and wanted attention.

Why would any team want to hire a mediocre qback that creates a distraction and runs off fans. It was his choice.

What these other "kneelers" want escapes me.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Hank, like every other American, is free to chose whatever he chooses to view and I couldn't care less what those choices are.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien