Author Topic: Pence Endorses Trump’s Afghanistan Plan, Warns Pakistan: ‘We’re Putting Them on Notice’  (Read 1000 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Pence Endorses Trump’s Afghanistan Plan, Warns Pakistan: ‘We’re Putting Them on Notice’

by Erik Ortiz

Vice President Mike Pence on Tuesday championed President Donald Trump's new policy approach on the war in Afghanistan, while failing to disclose any details for how long the United States would remain there and with how many troops.

He also mirrored Trump's tough language on Pakistan — which has been accused of shielding insurgent fighters — and said that the U.S. is "putting them on notice. They need to step up as a partner."

Continued: http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/pence-endorses-trump-s-afghanistan-plan-warns-pakistan-we-re-n794811

Finally, getting after Pakistan.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Pakistan - specifically the ISI - has been the problem in Afghanistan since the Soviets left.  I failed to see how anything meaningful gets accomplished in the region without direct confrontation with them.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline skeeter

Stop importing these predators and there'll be no need to spend another American life in that craphole.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Is it really news that the Vice President supports the President's plan for Afghanistan?  Really?

Offline TomSea

Is it really news that the Vice President supports the President's plan for Afghanistan?  Really?

The story emphasizes the new approach to Pakistan who have been very problematic and will continue to be as they have nuclear weapons. Yes, that is news.

Maybe some of the other stories posted don't mention that in the headline.

@Right_in_Virginia

The story emphasizes the new approach to Pakistan who have been very problematic and will continue to be as they have nuclear weapons. Yes, that is news.

Maybe some of the other stories posted don't mention that in the headline.

@Right_in_Virginia

Whatever .. @TomSea

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
"Warmongering neocon" used to be a favorite phrase of Trumpers.

Offline TomSea

Whatever .. @TomSea
@Right_in_Virginia
It got more comments than some threads posted here, you're judgement noted.

EC is a moderator, perhaps you can ask him to remove it.

Maybe refugee rape stories or sharia law in Sweden are what you feel this forum should be about.

What freaking Ever.  Rude response after an ignorant to say it mildly,  post.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 04:25:55 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

""Warmongering neocon" used to be a favorite phrase of Trumpers."

They discussed it. Has anyone ever heard about the rise of ISIS?

Offline TomSea

Bill Roggio of the Long War Journal has just said this speech by Trump was most important because of how it addressed Pakistan, who has harbored the Taliban, who, without supporting Taliban, we would not be dealing with so many problems in Aghanistan. Roggio said, Pakistan has supported those who have killed numerous Americans, Nato soldiers.  Roggio is on this Brett Winterble show on Newsmax.

But now, we have someone saying why even post this. My gosh and where was Pakistan mentioned anywhere else? Nowhere really.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Roggio
http://www.longwarjournal.org/
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 04:40:37 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

Some must be over the moon over the president so much, they get jealous if the veep is mentioned.  **nononono*

@Right_in_Virginia
It got more comments than some threads posted here, you're judgement noted.

EC is a moderator, perhaps you can ask him to remove it.

Maybe refugee rape stories or sharia law in Sweden are what you feel this forum should be about.

What freaking Ever.  Rude response after an ignorant to say it mildly,  post.

@TomSea

The title of the article, from NBC news, is asinine.  I am not faulting you for the title, I am faulting them.

I don't know what refugee rape stories have to do with me, but I do not appreciate the misleading and fabricated snark. My posting history on the World News Forum is deep and wide.

The title is insulting to the President, as was intended.  Since you didn't write it, defending it with such personal investment and alienating a fellow Briefer in the process is just silly.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I hope this is a joke.  Expanding markets for Ivanka's clothing line is not part of national security.

http://nypost.com/2017/08/22/this-pic-convinced-trump-to-keep-us-troops-in-afghanistan/
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 06:14:39 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
TomSea wrote:
"Finally, getting after Pakistan."

India will take care of Pakistan, when the time comes.
All we need to do is give India the thumbs up and... stand back.