Author Topic: Trump’s ‘America First’ Base Unhappy with Flip-Flop Afghanistan Speech (Breitbart)  (Read 1563 times)

Offline corbe

Trump’s ‘America First’ Base Unhappy with Flip-Flop Afghanistan Speech

by Adam Shaw 21 Aug 2017

President Trump’s “America First” base was the biggest loser of Trump’s speech on Afghanistan Monday night, and many quickly expressed their disappointment at the business-as-usual address from the president who had once promised to limit American intervention abroad and focus on nation-building at home.

Trump’s speech, in which he pledged to increase the number of troops in the 16-year-war, was the first since the departure of Chief Strategist Steve Bannon and confirmed the fears of many on the right that without a strong nationalist voice in the West Wing, the President would revert to the same old fare that Americans had voted to reject in November.

<..snip..>

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/08/21/trumps-america-first-base-unhappy-with-flip-flop-afghanistan-speech/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

This Shaw guy is turning out to be quite the little attack dog over at Breitbart.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline dfwgator

Looks like we've got W's Third Term.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Karma, she's still a mother.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

We generally agree 99% here, but DJT very clearly said that W style Nation Building was out for good, and that  we were only there to kill terrorist, and protect shared interest.

Here is what I posted on another thread.  And remember, I am generally 75% critical of Trump.

My takeaways......

1. I give Trump 4 1/2 stars on this one.  Maybe his best yet

2. The first third, it seemed he was almost channeling Reagan.  (Can't believe I said it)

3. Re: India alignment (almost full blown allying) will have some interesting ireprecussions as we deal with China, and Pakistan.

4. Seemed a tad light on specifics on particular details in Afganistan.  Which is understandable considering he states that we will not advertise our intentions.

5. Surprised no mention at all of NK.

6.  If anyone in the military had any doubts whether DJT has their back, it was answered tonight.  Frame this speech versus how the former turd POTUS treated them
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 04:56:20 am by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Mad Max

My takeaways......

1. I give Trump 4 1/2 stars on this one.  Maybe his best yet

2. The first third, it seemed he was almost channeling Reagan. 

3. Re: India alignment (almost full blown allying) will have some interesting ireprecussions as we deal with China, and Pakistan.

4. Seemed a tad light on specifics on particular details in Afganistan.  Which is understanding considering he states that we will not advertise our intentions.

5. Surprised no mention of all of NK.

6.  If anyone in the military had any doubts whether DJT has their back, it was answered tonight.  Frame this speech versus what the former turd POTUS treated them

:beer:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I see Breitbart's at war with the administration.  Bitter morons.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Even IF true!  It's better than having Obama's Third Term.   

...on steroids. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Funny, I thought this one was pretty good. I was thinking this is some of John Kelly's influence.

Offline DCPatriot

Funny, I thought this one was pretty good. I was thinking this is some of John Kelly's influence.

FYI...

I see what you're doing, @AbaraXas

*look*   

:laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

The job of president has no proving ground. A candidate's judgement is critical to my vote. And If during his administration circumstances or facts change, especially regarding military conflicts, I will necessarily defer to the CiC. As long as he is moving in the right direction I will continue to support him.

Oceander

The job of president has no proving ground. A candidate's judgement is critical to my vote. And If during his administration circumstances or facts change, especially regarding military conflicts, I will necessarily defer to the CiC. As long as he is moving in the right direction I will continue to support him.

:bigsilly:

Offline DCPatriot

:bigsilly:

@mystery-ak @Mod1

Enough!   This is uncalled for.   Put him back in his cage.

He's outright stalking now.

Just look at his posting history today.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
@mystery-ak @Mod1

Enough!   This is uncalled for.   Put him back in his cage.

He's outright stalking now.

Just look at his posting history today.

At least I am objective when evaluating Trump.  You and few others here haven't taken off your kneepads since the primaries.

You RIV, and TomC have been 100.0000000% behind EVERY move this psychopath has made since Day 1.  Do you think this buys you any credibility here?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 03:37:53 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Hoodat

Sounds to me like Trump is adopting the Bush Doctrine on Afghanistan, except that he is committing more troops than Bush did.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

You RIV, and TomC have been 100.0000000% behind EVERY move this psychopath has made since Day 1.  Do you think this buys you any credibility here?

You got that right.  Even when Trump contradicts Trump.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Sounds to me like Trump is adopting the Bush Doctrine on Afghanistan, except that he is committing more troops than Bush did.

Respectfully disagree.  DJT was adamant during his speech that  the era of nation building will end.  He clearly stated that they were there to kill terrorist, and protect common interests.  W had a hard on for spreading  democracy throughout  the muslim world.

Actually liked 95% of what he said last night.

Offline Hoodat

Actually liked 95% of what he said last night.

I liked it too.  But it describes what Bush did.  Not what people accused Bush of doing.  But what he actually did.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline DCPatriot

At least I am objective when evaluating Trump.  You and few others here haven't taken off your kneepads since the primaries.

I'm not speaking about disagreement among members.   Speaking about antagonizing/ridiculing other members specifically since sunrise today. 

He's an a$$hole!   

@mystery-ak @Mod1

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
I liked it too.  But it describes what Bush did.  Not what people accused Bush of doing.  But what he actually did.

Maybe it is a point of semantics, but W fashioned his strategy (diplomatically and militarily) around getting these governments to adopt democracy, and have the populous embrace freedom, liberty, and choice.   I think DJT has rightfully figured that these people are like sheep, and need to be led by oligarchic means.  He pretty much stated that he wants to get the Afghans to govern themselves the way they seem fit.  I see this as quite a shift, and positive one to boot.

I'd like to personally and openly report this @mystery-ak ... here @catfish1957 is pissing all over me .. in absentia, as though I'm a shiny object to be tossed around when others are bored or without rational comment.

Is the expectation that this stops ... along with all references to kneepads and body parts .... a reasonable one?

Offline goatprairie

This Shaw guy is turning out to be quite the little attack dog over at Breitbart.
Shaw jumped into a hornets nest a few weeks ago when he threw barbs at the Google guy who was fired for the memo about why few females worked at Google.
Shaw wrote a screed where he left the impression that both sexes are exactly equal in brain functions.  He got a lot of comments from loyal readers who informed of many science based studies showing differences in male-female brain functions.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
I'd like to personally and openly report this @mystery-ak ... here @catfish1957 is pissing all over me .. in absentia, as though I'm a shiny object to be tossed around when others are bored or without rational comment.

Is the expectation that this stops ... along with all references to kneepads and body parts .... a reasonable one?

@Mod1
About as rational as all the other times you have insulted me for criticizing Trump, though I have been extremely objective in his performance.  Maybe I should blow the whistle to the mods every time you insult me too, how bout it numb nuts.  Two can play your crybaby game.

Offline Hoodat

Maybe it is a point of semantics, but W fashioned his strategy (diplomatically and militarily) around getting these governments to adopt democracy, and have the populous embrace freedom, liberty, and choice.

In the initial election, yes.  But once that was over, Afghans were on their own to choose whatever they wanted.

The Bush doctrine was to maintain a minimal troop count in Afghanistan indefinitely to ensure that their government did not become supporters of terrorism again.  Everyone brought up the point of how miserably the Soviets had failed there.  Which is why Bush took a different approach.  And it worked.  Casualties remained low.  Deployment remained low.  Many factions gave up fighting the Afghan government and began working with them instead.  And the Afghan people continued to select their government, including sharia law.

So to say that Bush was forcing American-styled government upon them is just plain false.  His Afghan policy was one of the biggest successes of his Administration.  The evidence of that can be seen in what happened once Obama took over.

I think DJT has rightfully figured that these people are like sheep, and need to be led by oligarchic means.  He pretty much stated that he wants to get the Afghans to govern themselves the way they seem fit.

They already are.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

@Mod1
About as rational as all the other times you have insulted me for criticizing Trump, though I have been extremely objective in his performance.  Maybe I should blow the whistle to the mods every time you insult me too, how bout it numb nuts.  Two can play your crybaby game.

Here's the difference  ... when I criticize you, I do it to you and make sure you are aware of what I've posted by including @catfish1957  My criticism has a reason, and it's not because I want to act like a cranky toddler.

I don't talk about you behind your back, I don't reference you using kneepads with your favorite politician. 

You know what ... I'm just tired of this.  It's not worth it...there isn't enough in return for the effort.