Poll

Does it mater

Yes
6 (22.2%)
No
21 (77.8%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: Is your Washer and Dryer a matched set?  (Read 15012 times)

Wingnut

Is your Washer and Dryer a matched set?
« on: August 22, 2017, 12:28:42 am »
Millennials seem to think it matters.  I personally do not give a hoot.  Do you?

Oceander

Re: Is your Washer and Dryer a matched set?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 12:33:12 am »
Doesn't matter. 

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 01:56:11 am »
I need a radio button for 'yes and no'.
I have one washer and two dryers -- one which matches the washer and one which doesn't.

But no, in the end, I don't give a hoot.  As long as it dries the clothes efficiently, I'm a happy camper.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline anubias

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2017, 03:16:16 am »
I have two sets that all match, but I don't give a flip if they do or not.  It just worked out that way.

As for "maters", I prefer mine home grown.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2017, 05:03:19 am »
I don't own either I have to go to the laundromat

888cryingkitty 888cryingkitty
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2017, 05:09:34 am »
Millennials seem to think it matters.  I personally do not give a hoot.  Do you?

I figure the only time it would make sense, would be if you were selling you home with appliances.  Matched pair would be better aesthetically I guess.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Mad Max

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2017, 05:12:02 am »
Yes. Too inconvenient to go to the laundromat. I rather do my laundry in the comfort of my home.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 05:15:52 am by Mad Max »

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2017, 05:15:47 am »
Another poll idea.

Does your fridge have a water gadget? Mine doesn't. I'd love to be sble to make icee and ware through my fridge door.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Mad Max

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2017, 05:17:50 am »
Another poll idea.

Does your fridge have a water gadget? Mine doesn't. I'd love to be sble to make icee and ware through my fridge door.

i have both water and ice dispenser. There is no need to get my water or ice from the store.All I need is to change the filter every 4 or 5 months.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 05:22:46 am by Mad Max »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2017, 05:23:01 am »
i have both water and ice dispenser. There is no need to get my water or ice from the store.

Water/ Ice maker was a great invention.  Would never own a fridge without one.

Can remember those stinking ice trays with those metal levers to break  the ice out of the tray..  Of course in those days that kind of busy work was given to us kids.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Mad Max

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2017, 05:25:06 am »
Water/ Ice maker was a great invention.  Would never own a fridge without one.

Can remember those stinking ice trays with those metal levers to break  the ice out of the tray..  Of course in those days that kind of busy work was given to us kids.

Those were the days.I still keep the trays in case I run out of ice.

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2017, 11:52:57 am »
Sort of.  Washer quit.  Replacement computer board cost more than a new washer.  Bought a newer version of the same model, floor model.

Don't care as long as it works well.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Mad Max

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2017, 11:54:56 am »
Sort of.  Washer quit.  Replacement computer board cost more than a new washer.  Bought a newer version of the same model, floor model.

Don't care as long as it works well.

I have the floor model.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2017, 12:01:28 pm »
No match here.

My dryer is currently in the garage where it went when I replaced the floor in the laundry room. I'll have a crowd here on the 16th and con someone into helping me bring it back in. I don't use it much during the summer anyway. That's what the clothesline is for.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2017, 02:10:32 pm »
Another poll idea.

No. When we bought our frig, I was insistent that it not have the icemaker.
Of course, I'm such a luddite, when we built the house I said don't bother putting in a dishwasher. That will affect the resale value, I'm sure.  :shrug:
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 02:11:37 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2017, 03:01:33 pm »
I need a radio button for 'yes and no'.
I have one washer and two dryers -- one which matches the washer and one which doesn't.

But no, in the end, I don't give a hoot.  As long as it dries the clothes efficiently, I'm a happy camper.

LOL! Sounds kinda like home. My mom had her good washer and dryer upstairs for the rest of the family... And the old set in the basement for my dad's clothes, and mine, and horse blankets and such....

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2017, 03:05:41 pm »
No. When we bought our frig, I was insistent that it not have the icemaker.
Of course, I'm such a luddite, when we built the house I said don't bother putting in a dishwasher. That will affect the resale value, I'm sure.  :shrug:

LOL! Likewise.
no dishwasher. Silliest thing ever made. No ice-maker. with two freezers (one big upright and one huge horizontal), ice ain't a problem. I keep drinking water, sweet tea, and lemonade in the fridge, anyway. And I like tray ice better.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2017, 03:16:22 pm »
The reason it matters to me is that when one or the other goes out on a person it does matter to,  they run out and get another matched set and sell the good one for cheap in the want ads.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 05:51:14 pm by bigheadfred »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

debrawiest

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2017, 03:22:18 pm »
Mine are matching. (It's the least dear husband could do, since he won't provide me with a cleaning staff.)  :tongue2:

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2017, 03:32:42 pm »
Isn't it a sin to have unevenly yoked appliances?

Wingnut

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2017, 04:50:33 pm »
I don't care if they are or aren't.  But for the love of Gawd...level them both to the same height if they sit sideXside

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2017, 05:01:37 pm »
I don't care if they are or aren't.  But for the love of Gawd...level them both to the same height if they sit sideXside
I bet you straighten pictures on the wall.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Wingnut

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2017, 05:04:39 pm »
I bet you straighten pictures on the wall.

Only if they are crooked.

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2017, 05:12:37 pm »
Technically, no, though you've not know it to look at them.  They are both LG appliances, but the dryer is one tier down from the washer.  When our last washer died,  we got the fanciest top-loading LG model on deep sale, then about half a year later used premiums earned from that to help pay for a new dryer, also LG, but cheaper than the "matching" dryer, before the premiums expired.  (The dryer hadn't died, but it was old). 
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2017, 01:54:16 am »
Nope mine don't match and I really don't care.  They are older models and work great (knock on wood).  The dryer is about 20 years old and is a Kenmore 90 super capacity plus and the washer is about 15 years old and is a GE King Size capacity, energy star efficient.  I can fit a king comforter in the dryer and I can fit a queen comforter in the washer.  The washer is an older model but has several different settings for clothes type and water temperature and has an extra rinse and extra spin cycle. I wouldn't part with either one of them for the newer models.  Why spend the money?  The clean and dry just fine. Yes, they are both the same height and the same color (white).

The real poll should be what laundry detergent do you use?

I use Tide plus bleach powder.  I will NOT use anything else; not even Tide liquid (I tried it and it stained my whites).
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.