Author Topic: Hello You Jaded, Narcissistic Facebook Twits  (Read 511 times)

Offline bolobaby

Hello You Jaded, Narcissistic Facebook Twits
« on: August 21, 2017, 09:18:29 pm »
Today was the eclipse. Where I live, we got to experience 98% obstruction. Pretty cool.

Now - I don't have Facebook or any social media, but my wife does. She shared some pre-eclipse posts from her feed with me. They said things like...

"Am I the only one who doesn't care to watch the eclipse today?"

"It's a solar eclipse, people. Big deal. No reason to lose your minds."

"Why is everyone so desperate to get eclipse glasses? I just don't see what the big deal is."

Hello you jaded, narcissistic facebook twits!

This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to see a solar eclipse from your own backyard. I'm not supposed to care? But I'm supposed to *like* the picture you put up of the dessert you were served at last night's dinner? I'm supposed to comment on your daughter's subpar performance at her lousy dance recital - something millions of little girls do every year? I'm supposed to like your low-effort meme posting that you scraped off someone else's site? I give a crap about your half-baked ideas on issues you clearly don't even remotely understand?

Ah, yes. Pay no attention to the celestial event of the century. Listen to me, Me, ME!!!

God, I'm glad I don't have social media. One thing is for certain: I'd have no friends because I'd call them all out on their BS.

Goodbye you jaded, narcissistic facebook twits!
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!