Author Topic: Trump's Unintended Consequences: The Republican Party Reveals Itself  (Read 528 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

August 21, 2017

Trump's Unintended Consequences: The Republican Party Reveals Itself
By David Prentice

I think that the Sermon on the Mount applies to the vast majority of Republican Party officialdom right now.

“You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt loses its flavor, how shall it be seasoned?  It is then good for nothing but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot by men.”

The Republican Party once was the party of conservatives.  It still is the only place any conservative can be elected in today’s political world.  So far.  Unfortunately, the party of Reagan has disappeared.  Trump did not make them disappear, but his improbable run, and win, has revealed who the party really is.

And it ain’t pretty.

more
http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2017/08/trumps_unintended_consequences_the_republican_party_reveals_itself.html
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 01:25:05 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline endicom

Re: Trump's Unintended Consequences: The Republican Party Reveals Itself
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2017, 01:29:36 pm »
August 21, 2017

The Republican Party once was the party of conservatives.

Was it, or was it the party of true progress? Silent Cal, after all, was progressive.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2017, 01:56:01 pm »
This has been the most underreported unmasking in American government today.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2017, 01:50:23 am »
A very good piece.
More from the article:
===================
GOP:  You promised us an immediate repeal and replacement of Obamacare, and after nine months of absurdities, you not only failed, but you did nothing to discipline those who made it fail.  Paul Ryan is still speaker, McConnell majority leader, the senators who prevented this promise from being enacted were turncoats and received no consequences from their leadership.

Other than ratify some good judges, nothing else has been done by Congress.

The GOP watched the left, through their toady media shills, and their fractured foolishness, take down everything we voted for.

Now the GOP is clucking about a ginned-up narrative concerning Charlottesville. They’re now blaming Trump for telling the truth:  that the violence of the Antifa, and the leftist groups is just as bad as the Nazi skin heads, and just as unforgiveable.   They’re kowtowing like cowards to things that never happened and to made up narratives.  They’re running away because they can’t stand to be called racist.  They’re watching as history is being rewritten, and they’re allowing their base to be tarred as racists, bigots, and Nazis.  Trust me, that will not go well.

It’s never been this bad, because the GOP has never been this bad.  And we now know because Trump inadvertently shined the light of truth on who they really are.  The election of Trump revealed the party of frauds.   It was never his intention, but that’s what has happened.  They have been undressed before the whole world.  They have no clothes.

What is a nation who has been lied to by both parties supposed to do?  What is the base of the GOP going to do?

I don’t know, but I do know I’ve never seen the center right base so disgusted and angry at its own.  GOP:  Trust me, the base hasn’t left Trump, but it has left you.  It’s not official yet, but the avalanche is about to begin.  The anger is going to boil over.   Upon you.    GOP: you’re not going to like it, but you have no one to blame but yourselves.

To the very small list of conservatives that fought the good fight:  I apologize.  But to the rest:  You have become like the salt in the parable.  Good for nothing.