Author Topic: Stop Making the Absurd Argument that ‘Far-Right’ Extremists Are More Dangerous than Jihadists  (Read 387 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
By David French
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/450648/stop-making-absurd-argument-far-right-extremists-are-more-dangerous-jihadists

Ever since the alt-right terror attack in Charlottesville, I keep seeing the same tired (and utterly absurd)
argument online. Far-right terrorists, some say, are more dangerous than jihadists. To support this nonsense,
they tend to cite garbage studies that, among other things, 1) omit the casualty count from 9/11; 2) omit American
casualty counts from overseas terrorist acts; 3) omit American military deaths in anti-terror combat operations;
and 4) omit jihadist terrorist attacks against friends and allies. A study that does any of those things is willfully
and indefensibly understating the magnitude of the jihadist threat . . .

. . . None of this means that far-right (and far-left) domestic extremists aren’t evil and dangerous. None of this
means that law enforcement shouldn’t remain vigilant, especially as extreme political polarization spikes political
passions here at home. But domestic divisions cannot and must not distract us from the threat of the foreign
enemy. When it comes to terror, there is one and only one apex predator, and it kills in the name of Allah.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Oceander

Isn't this the guy who was mercilessly threatened by some of the alt-right elements during the election last year?

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
By David French
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/450648/stop-making-absurd-argument-far-right-extremists-are-more-dangerous-jihadists

Lets see 100 million jihadists supported by about 800 million others.

Or a few thousand disorganized idiots.

The Boston march is a good example.   The antifa protesters far outnumbered and out violenced the nazis.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
If I am more extreme and dangerous than a fanatic lunatic engaged in a Death Cult, then that makes me very dangerous indeed. I have never thought of myself as being 'dangerous', LOL, hahaha, Ok?

I'm sorry. I can't stop laughing at this national lunacy that I see every day.

I'm a 'dangerous' fellow. LOL. You better stay away from me.

Idiots and fools. That's all I see around me all the time.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 01:26:56 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
If I am more extreme and dangerous that a fanatic lunatic engaged in a Death Cult, then that makes me very dangerous indeed. I have never thought of myself as being 'dangerous', LOL, hahaha, Ok?

I'm sorry. I can't stop laughing at this national lunacy that I see every day.

I'm a 'dangerous' fellow. LOL. You better stay away from me.

Idiots and fools. That's all I around me all the time.

Overseas this kind of stuff really hurts America.    Our media always hyperventilates on something happening here but barely mentions things much more significant that happen in countries which aren't  'important'.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Lets see 100 million jihadists supported by about 800 million others.

Or a few thousand disorganized idiots.

The Boston march is a good example.   The antifa protesters far outnumbered and out violenced the nazis.

I find nothing to indicate that the small number of 'free speech' protesters in Boston were "nazis" or White Supremacists.  Rather they seem to be elements of the TEA party.

But hey - let's use the Media narrative that anyone who champions free speech and the Constitution are "Nazis".  Will make our liquidation a lot easier.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 01:52:22 pm by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Simple question:

If the Left is claiming that the FAR RIGHT is 'more' dangerous than DEATH CULT fanatics, then aren't they 'by definition' saying that Muslims are dangerous?

They have stopped claiming that Muslims are not 'dangerous murdering animals'. Now, their argument has changed to, "Yes, they are dangerous but so what?" Americans are worse!

This is good. They are finally starting to recognize the danger of Muslims. This is breakthrough for the Left.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
That's the rhetorical sleight of hand that the media always pulls saying white nationalists are more dangerous than radical jihadists. They say 'Well! We've had less successful terror attacks by jihadists than nationalists! The very same people who are denouncing these nationalists and their xenophobia, deliberately ignore what's going on in the rest of the world.

They also don't utter the conclusion that the reason for less attacks here is the vigilance of law enforcement. The same law enforcement that their beloved BLM hates and threatens.
The Republic is lost.