Author Topic: Two Kinds of Trump Supporters  (Read 2104 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Two Kinds of Trump Supporters
« on: August 20, 2017, 04:54:59 pm »
    Ross Kaminsky

August 20, 2017, 12:05 am

And are they both powerful enough to cancel out any bad political fallout from last week?

When filling in for Joe Pags on his eponymous nationally-syndicated radio show on Monday, I thought my analysis of the president’s comments two days earlier following the Charlottesville riots and the death of Heather Heyer was “fair and balanced”: The president didn’t say anything factually wrong but his not specifically calling out Nazis and the KKK represented the biggest political miscalculation of his presidency.

Mr. Trump’s political opponents claim that he is a racist, or at least that he has too much sympathy for racism. I do not believe those claims to be true. Even though Trump was correct that there is hatred and violence and bigotry “on many sides,” even though Antifa is ironically and comprehensively fascist, and even recognizing the double-standard of this president’s treatment by the media compared to the prior president’s (Obama behaved as far more of a racist than Trump has) you simply don’t get a pass in the United States for not condemning the malignancy of StormFront and the KKK at the earliest opportunity. Mr. Trump could have said Saturday what he ended up saying Monday and avoided almost all of the unnecessary controversy.

more
https://spectator.org/two-kinds-of-trump-supporters/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: Two Kinds of Trump Supporters
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 05:09:16 pm »

....Two basic categories of Trump’s strongest backers: Those who like this president and those who utterly detest his opponents.

.... people who care less about trade or immigration policy or about the president’s temperament than they truly loathe Trump’s opponents: Democrats, the “establishment,” “globalists,” “RINOs,” “Swamp creatures,” and especially the media. And extra-especially CNN.

...What fascinated me about these conversations was the intensity of a particular mindset: I will support Trump no matter what he does because I abhor his opponents so much.

I will add that they also have a hard-on loathing for Conservatives who will not bend the knee.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online corbe

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2017, 05:25:44 pm »
I will add that they also have a hard-on loathing for Conservatives who will not bend the knee.

That they most certainly do, YOU hellary loving Liberal.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2017, 05:35:21 pm »
That's a good point that a large share of Trump's base simply loathes the opposition.  This is a natural result of Obama's constant mockery of that group.  Ever since I was a lad, there has always been a large share of voters who vote against people, as opposed to for them.  Obama exacerbated that with his divisiveness.

I'm not seeing a sign the Dems are prepared to counter that, not when I see them floating names like Liz Warren and Kamila Harris as possible candidates for 2020.  People hate them, too, or will as soon as they start their spiels.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Wingnut

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2017, 05:39:08 pm »

The woodie, chubby, and hate boner brigade?  Oh my!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 05:39:28 pm by Wingnut »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2017, 05:55:55 pm »
The woodie, chubby, and hate boner brigade?  Oh my!

If we do pictures to illustrate, we will likely get banned from this family-friendly site.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Wingnut

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2017, 05:58:37 pm »
If we do pictures to illustrate, we will likely get banned from this family-friendly site.

We need to test your hypothesis... You go and post 1st!   :smokin:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2017, 06:18:15 pm »

I have seen Myst Woman in action, I dare not provoke her to wrath with images of aroused overweight naked dwarves.  It would demean and diminish this institution's reputation as a finer pillar of political discourse.

Of course that word picture perfectly fits the cretins that pretend to be our representatives in Congress.  There is not a government program or tax and spending hike they are not instantly excited about.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2017, 06:21:19 pm »

The last person who posted an Avatar that illustrated that principle is gone forever...what do you have against @INVAR?   :laugh: :police:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2017, 06:24:30 pm »
Iam not afeared!

This is what you meant by chubby..........isn't it?

Wingnut

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2017, 06:46:32 pm »
...what do you have against @INVAR?   :laugh: :police:

His user name Shouts!   lol   :silly: :silly:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2017, 07:28:40 pm »
The last person who posted an Avatar that illustrated that principle is gone forever...what do you have against @INVAR?   

He's offended by my member, my chub of Trump rub, my woody diss of Trump bliss, the pecker for Trump's heckler's, the kickstand against Trump's fans, my little pup tent against the Trump militant, and refusing to salute the march to Trump's boots.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2017, 07:32:10 pm »
He's offended by my member, my chub of Trump rub, my woody diss of Trump bliss, the pecker for Trump's heckler's, the kickstand against Trump's fans, my little pup tent against the Trump militant, and refusing to salute the march to Trump's boots.

You list all the qualities you and Mr. Nut share.  Wait, I get get it!  He's trying to knock you off so he can have the place to himself?  Clever, that @Wingnut.
I will NOT comply.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2017, 07:32:15 pm »

I'd be interested in knowing @Victoria33 's clinical opinion of this post.   :smokin:

Wingnut

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2017, 07:55:08 pm »
I'd be interested in knowing @Victoria33 's clinical opinion of this post.   :smokin:

:pondering:

I  could list more than two dozen individual acts of perversion SO profound and disgusting... but decorum prohibits listing them here.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 07:55:33 pm by Wingnut »

Wingnut

« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2017, 07:57:23 pm »
You list all the qualities you and Mr. Nut share.  Wait, I get get it!  He's trying to knock you off so he can have the place to himself?  Clever, that @Wingnut.

He's Cain and I'm Abel.  Or is it the other way around.  :tongue2:

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2017, 08:06:02 pm »
:pondering:
I  could list more than two dozen individual acts of perversion SO profound and disgusting... but decorum prohibits listing them here.

I don't doubt it @Wingnut   And for some inexplicable reason, I love ya anyway.   :laugh:

Wingnut

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2017, 08:09:29 pm »
@Wingnut   And for some inexplicable reason, I love ya anyway.   :laugh:

:smokin:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2017, 08:23:28 pm »
I don't doubt it @Wingnut   And for some inexplicable reason, I love ya anyway.   :laugh:

Just about everything he knows, he learned from me.  Yet...I managed to slough off all the guilt on poor Wings. :smokin:
I will NOT comply.

Wingnut

« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2017, 08:29:03 pm »
Just about everything he knows, he learned from me.  Yet...I managed to slough off all the guilt on poor Wings. :smokin:

Naturally, you were easy on me. One of our friendly counsellors gave me a donut.
And then told me to stick closer to church-oriented social activities.
 :shrug:

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2017, 08:55:22 pm »
....Two basic categories of Trump’s strongest backers: Those who like this president and those who utterly detest his opponents.

.... people who care less about trade or immigration policy or about the president’s temperament than they truly loathe Trump’s opponents: Democrats, the “establishment,” “globalists,” “RINOs,” “Swamp creatures,” and especially the media. And extra-especially CNN.

...What fascinated me about these conversations was the intensity of a particular mindset: I will support Trump no matter what he does because I abhor his opponents so much.

Poor me.   I'm guilty of both   I like him.  I detest his opponents as listed.    ...including NeverTrumps.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 08:55:42 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald