Author Topic: The Trump administration just disbanded a federal advisory committee on climate change  (Read 6989 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
That ship sailed a long time ago.  The only question is how much more damage is going to be done.

At the moment, the guy in the White Hut is doing more damage to himself than to me.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Be more like me. An equal opportunity azzhole.

@bigheadfred

I don't think I have a problem being one of those.   From what I've seen the Trump 'worshipers' we saw during the primaries and election have largely disappeared from around here. 

However, now anyone who EVER agrees with Trump is called a worshipper or worse.   The slightest thing he does is cause for major upheaval.  Ironically its exactly the same things the left talks about.   They are unhappy with Trump landing his helicopter in Israel well then the NTs jump on board.  and on and on.

Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline corbe

@corbe
Aww imagine the NTs complaining about a broad brush.  What a hypocritical pile of monkey doo.   

During the primaries the thing that bugged me so much about TOS was the lack of integrity.  It didn't matter what Trump did there was a group of people that would sing his praises.  They would excuse any of his actions.

Now, you NTs are no different.  With few exceptions it doesn't matter what he does.  You whine and moan about Trump and call him the devil.  When challenged on it then you start whining about a broad brush.  Weirdly your clamoring and lamentations mirror the talking points of the left.    They talk Russia, you talk Russia or whatever their agenda is for the day. 

This action is a very very positive action.  Its a very important step to turning back the tide on global warming and the globalist movement to undermine this country.   Yet even then NTs whine that its a "small bucket". 

@Emjay

Your entitled to your own opinion @driftdiver NOT your own set of facts. 
   I've never said anything about Russia other than it's probably just a bunch of crap to cover up the dems malfeasance, and I don't recall many here that said otherwise.  Mueller is the direct result of the early Administrations bungling/tweets. Even though I don't believe Trump has any 'core' values that I can get behind, Pence has no backbone and is hardly a viable alternative, lets dance with the one yall brought us, for now.

No covfefe yet, still brewing.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline driftdiver

Your entitled to your own opinion @driftdiver NOT your own set of facts. 
   I've never said anything about Russia other than it's probably just a bunch of crap to cover up the dems malfeasance, and I don't recall many here that said otherwise.  Mueller is the direct result of the early Administrations bungling/tweets. Even though I don't believe Trump has any 'core' values that I can get behind, Pence has no backbone and is hardly a viable alternative, lets dance with the one yall brought us, for now.

No covfefe yet, still brewing.

@corbe

You don't recall the endless threads around here on Russia?  Seriously??
Or the one attacking Trump for not visiting the Masada because Israel wouldn't let him land his helicopter up there?
Or heck this one where this action just isn't big enough.

Trump appears to have one core value that I can support, that of America being a strong country.  IMO, We have a far greater chance of influencing the direction this country goes if we work with him rather then do nothing but sow discord and rancor. 

Trump isn't Jesus.   He cannot make great changes overnight or with the wave of his hand.  He needs help.  If you aren't willing to help the duly elected leader of this country then you are part of the problem.

Offline corbe

@driftdiver
If you aren't willing to help the duly elected leader of this country then you are part of the problem.

I am helping~by staying the hell out of his way, sure I bitch and moan from the cheap seats, what else can I do, my pom poms say Cruz and if I show up at a Trump Ralley yall will beat the shit out of me.  It's really no different, I suppose than what a lot of Trumpers (not pointing fingers here) would be doing had Cruz won the Primary/General.  Trump/McConnell/Ryan have proven over and over again-Conservatives need not apply, It's not my party anymore it's yours and for the sake of this Country I hope yall can get your shit together before it's to late.

Sincerely,
   Butthurt Whiner
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline RoosGirl

@RoosGirl Nice try, but that's not the one.

I wasn't talking to you when you decided to go all nasty on me.

I'm beginning to think you are not a nice person.

I pretty much respond in kind @Emjay .  You start in calling people annoying and a failure, I'm going to say something about it.  If you think that's not "nice", I'm okay with that.  Don't start trouble if you don't want trouble back.

Offline RoosGirl

@bigheadfred

However, now anyone who EVER agrees with Trump is called a worshipper or worse.   

I've agreed with Trump on a few things and never been called a Trump worshiper, and you're one of the few that has called me worse for not agreeing with *you*.

Offline RoosGirl

@driftdiver
  I am helping~by staying the hell out of his way, sure I bitch and moan from the cheap seats, what else can I do, my pom poms say Cruz and if I show up at a Trump Ralley yall will beat the shit out of me.  It's really no different, I suppose than what a lot of Trumpers (not pointing fingers here) would be doing had Cruz won the Primary/General.  Trump/McConnell/Ryan have proven over and over again-Conservatives need not apply, It's not my party anymore it's yours and for the sake of this Country I hope yall can get your shit together before it's to late.

Sincerely,
   Butthurt Whiner

Isn't if funny, weird funny not haha funny, how some people take it personally when some other people don't agree with Trump enough.

Offline aligncare

@driftdiver

Sincerely,
   Butthurt Whiner

Maybe it's just me but I would have given my full support to Cruz had he won, even though I didn't vote for him because in my personal assessment of his campaign rhetoric he could not have beaten Hillary. Of course, others mileage may vary.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@corbe
Aww imagine the NTs complaining about a broad brush.  What a hypocritical pile of monkey doo.   

During the primaries the thing that bugged me so much about TOS was the lack of integrity.  It didn't matter what Trump did there was a group of people that would sing his praises.  They would excuse any of his actions.

Now, you NTs are no different.  With few exceptions it doesn't matter what he does.  You whine and moan about Trump and call him the devil.  When challenged on it then you start whining about a broad brush.  Weirdly your clamoring and lamentations mirror the talking points of the left.    They talk Russia, you talk Russia or whatever their agenda is for the day. 

This action is a very very positive action.  Its a very important step to turning back the tide on global warming and the globalist movement to undermine this country.   Yet even then NTs whine that its a "small bucket". 

@Emjay
I believe the comment was that it is a very big swamp. Argue that. Go ahead. Tell us how his YUUUUUGe bucket, the biggest bucket of them all, bigger than the average dragline, bigger than the Gem of Egypt, is going to drain that 160 year old backwater of corruption and vile reptiles in one fell swoop by putting the boots to one small agency.

Open your eyes. It is a teaspoon in the Pacific.

I am one of the scientists who signed the petition with Alvarez saying that the science was far from settled, and that the US should not sign the Kyoto Accords. Yes, I have been fighting the bad science turned into a panicked religion of ALgore that long--decades, now. Every textbook, thousands of hours of documentaries, millions of issues of National Geographic, trainloads of schoolbooks, and millions of minds have been stuffed with this dreck. It will take another fifty years if those items were pulled off of shelves today to correct the nonsense that has been put out there, and that doesn't include the literature references in scientific journals.
Intellectually, the whole AGW thing is a well metastasized stage 4 cancer in science, and the trillions of dollars it has cost will never be recovered. Stopping the progress will help, must be done if the patient is to recover, but there is a long road ahead before the patient ever walks again.

Yeah, getting rid of one agency is a good start, it needs to be done, it is a step in the right direction, but compared to what is out there, it is a small bucket indeed. Perhaps you just don't have a realistic view of how damned big the swamp actually is.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
@bigheadfred

I don't think I have a problem being one of those.   From what I've seen the Trump 'worshipers' we saw during the primaries and election have largely disappeared from around here. 

However, now anyone who EVER agrees with Trump is called a worshipper or worse.   The slightest thing he does is cause for major upheaval.  Ironically its exactly the same things the left talks about.   They are unhappy with Trump landing his helicopter in Israel well then the NTs jump on board.  and on and on.

Despite Trump's personnel and personal problems I think he is doing ok. I blame Congress for our ills. And all those other regulatory agencies. I have been critical of every president, in my short politcal life. I will not change that.

I email my reps all the time. It is about all I can or will do. Until the shooting starts. Depending on the decision regarding Afghanistan, our further involvement there is a mistake, and if Trump goes with that expect my loud criticism.

I regard disbanding this panel a small step in the right direction. Taking the computers and video games away from ALL the climate change people would be a big step. These people aren't true scientists, IMO.

I am gearing up to try to get a pic or two of the eclipse.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Polly Ticks

I am one of the scientists who signed the petition with Alvarez saying that the science was far from settled, and that the US should not sign the Kyoto Accords. Yes, I have been fighting the bad science turned into a panicked religion of ALgore that long--decades, now.

Thank you for your efforts.
 :beer:
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Thank you for your efforts.
 :beer:
Thanks, Polly! But I am just one of many who have been fighting this since it went from a wild-eyed theory to a pseudoreligion, others far more influential continue to do far more. What caught many of us by surprise was the speed with which it was taken seriously and the pervasive infusion of virtually all aspects of culture with it, including government. (I guess that shows what panicked resort owners and beachfront developers can do... :shrug: )
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
What caught many of us by surprise was the speed with which it was taken seriously and the pervasive infusion of virtually all aspects of culture with it, including government.

The cultural revolution to erase all vestiges of the culture the Left hates is about to surpass the speed at which the AGW movement and religion infested itself into everything.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
If you aren't willing to help the duly elected leader of this country then you are part of the problem.

Interesting you use the same language the Dems did for 8 years in defending Obama.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline driftdiver

Despite Trump's personnel and personal problems I think he is doing ok. I blame Congress for our ills. And all those other regulatory agencies. I have been critical of every president, in my short politcal life. I will not change that.

I email my reps all the time. It is about all I can or will do. Until the shooting starts. Depending on the decision regarding Afghanistan, our further involvement there is a mistake, and if Trump goes with that expect my loud criticism.

I regard disbanding this panel a small step in the right direction. Taking the computers and video games away from ALL the climate change people would be a big step. These people aren't true scientists, IMO.

I am gearing up to try to get a pic or two of the eclipse.

@bigheadfred

Take away the federal funding and the "research" will stop. 

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I'm glad he disbanded this fraud committee.  The whole myth of climate change/global warming/carbon whatever was and is nothing more than a scheme aimed at wealth transfer.

Greens are the new Reds. 

And I'm happy that the President saw them for what they are.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline driftdiver

I've agreed with Trump on a few things and never been called a Trump worshiper, and you're one of the few that has called me worse for not agreeing with *you*.

@RoosGirl
No, I called you worse for your personal insults against me. Something you've continued to do. 

Offline driftdiver

I believe the comment was that it is a very big swamp. Argue that. Go ahead. Tell us how his YUUUUUGe bucket, the biggest bucket of them all, bigger than the average dragline, bigger than the Gem of Egypt, is going to drain that 160 year old backwater of corruption and vile reptiles in one fell swoop by putting the boots to one small agency.

Open your eyes. It is a teaspoon in the Pacific.

I am one of the scientists who signed the petition with Alvarez saying that the science was far from settled, and that the US should not sign the Kyoto Accords. Yes, I have been fighting the bad science turned into a panicked religion of ALgore that long--decades, now. Every textbook, thousands of hours of documentaries, millions of issues of National Geographic, trainloads of schoolbooks, and millions of minds have been stuffed with this dreck. It will take another fifty years if those items were pulled off of shelves today to correct the nonsense that has been put out there, and that doesn't include the literature references in scientific journals.
Intellectually, the whole AGW thing is a well metastasized stage 4 cancer in science, and the trillions of dollars it has cost will never be recovered. Stopping the progress will help, must be done if the patient is to recover, but there is a long road ahead before the patient ever walks again.

Yeah, getting rid of one agency is a good start, it needs to be done, it is a step in the right direction, but compared to what is out there, it is a small bucket indeed. Perhaps you just don't have a realistic view of how damned big the swamp actually is.

It is a big swamp, a very big swamp and yet people expect it to be drained in a day.

Every step in the right direction is a step in the right direction. 

Offline driftdiver

Maybe it's just me but I would have given my full support to Cruz had he won, even though I didn't vote for him because in my personal assessment of his campaign rhetoric he could not have beaten Hillary. Of course, others mileage may vary.

@aligncare
Cruz is a very good Senator and has some great ideas.    I don't think he has the charisma to win an election especially where his ideas are going to be demonized so heavily by his opposition.  Hopefully he can work on his image and charisma.    From what I've seen he does seem to be getting better.

Offline driftdiver

I was curious, so I scrolled to the top of the thread to see if I could figure out "who started it."  I came up with this:

You started it by calling another poster a "cry-baby."  Other posters then joined in against you.  How about we all stop it before somebody shows up with a key to lock the thread, or worse?

@Cyber Liberty
Sure but it didn't start on this thread.   It stems from the fact that some people will condemn Trump for anything and everything and that judgement falls on anyone who doesn't immediately toe the line.   

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@corbe

@Emjay

Amen, brother.

The NT's claim that they will praise Trump when he deserves it.  Problem:  in their minds, he never deserves it.

And if they grudgingly agree that he does something good, there's always a caveat.

If he cured cancer, they would say he didn't do it soon enough or what else has he done or maybe it will come back.

And they are so dam superior. 

Thanks for a reasoned view.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I pretty much respond in kind @Emjay .  You start in calling people annoying and a failure, I'm going to say something about it.  If you think that's not "nice", I'm okay with that.  Don't start trouble if you don't want trouble back.

That's a lie.  No one said anything to you.

You jumped at the chance to verbally abuse me.  And you are coarse and common.  I would never in m life make posts like two you made.  Just nasty.

Stating my opinion in a non-abusive way is not starting trouble. 

@RoosGirl   Now that I know for sure what you are like at your core, I will try to avoid you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@driftdiver

Sincerely,
   Butthurt Whiner

Oh, come on.  You can do better than that.  You opt out of the fray and give a blessing to people who are still trying to fight.

You HOPE we can get our stuff together but the only way you're helping is by 'staying out of his way.'

There are two sides to this war.  Trump is a deeply flawed leader but he has tried to do a lot of good things and succeeded in a few.  The ones he's failed in are because of limp rags in the Senate.  You would do better to concentrate your attacks on them.

We have a few good men in the Senate and I think we can get more and that eventually Cruz and Lee will begin to have more influence if the country will unite.

Carping from the cheap seats may be fun but what good is it doing?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The NT's claim that they will praise Trump when he deserves it.  Problem:  in their minds, he never deserves it.

That's crap and you know it.  The pages here are filled with instances where those that are critical of trump have praised things he did.

Quit lying.