Author Topic: What White Nationalism Gets Right About American History  (Read 313 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
What White Nationalism Gets Right About American History
« on: August 20, 2017, 12:25:44 am »
What White Nationalism Gets Right About American History

By R. DEREK BLACKAUG. 19, 2017

My dad often gave me the advice that white nationalists are not looking to recruit people on the fringes of American culture, but rather the people who start a sentence by saying, “I’m not racist, but …”

The most effective tactics for white nationalists are to associate American history with themselves and to suggest that the collective efforts to turn away from our white supremacist past are the same as abandoning American culture. My father, the founder of the white nationalist website Stormfront, knew this well. It’s a message that erases people of color and their essential role in American life, but one that also appeals to large numbers of white people who would agree with the statement, “I’m not racist, but I don’t want American history dishonored, and this statue of Robert E. Lee shouldn’t be removed.”

more
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/19/opinion/sunday/white-nationalism-american-history-statues.html?ref=opinion
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: What White Nationalism Gets Right About American History
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 12:47:30 am »
These are great articles to read, even if I don't agree with every point.

I'm not sure about that march on Friday night with the torches but I have seemed to have seen reliable information that some marchers with the UTR crowd did indeed, only go because they were against the statue of General Lee being moved. These people were not adamant racists, skinheads, neo-nazis, white nationalists nor Klan.

These editorials were probably written a few days ago at the height of the outrage, I think we know a little more now.