Author Topic: Capitol’s Confederate cleansing poses difficult decisions for Democrats  (Read 389 times)

rangerrebew

Capitol’s Confederate cleansing poses difficult decisions for Democrats

By Seth McLaughlin and David Sherfinski - The Washington Times - Thursday, August 17, 2017

Cleansing the Capitol of blemishes of American history could be a hard task.

As Democratic leaders threw their support Thursday behind a proposal to take down any statue connected with the Confederacy, President Trump wondered where they would draw the line.

Sen. Cory A. Booker, the New Jersey Democrat who called for culling the Confederacy, did not say what should be done about Richard Stockton, a slave owner who is one of his state’s contributions to the Capitol Collection.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/aug/17/capitols-confederate-statue-removals-pose-difficul/

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Take them all down. Take down every statue that reminds anyone of the civil war. ALL of them. Including the Lincoln Memorial.

And shove them up the asses of the people like Sen. Cory A. Booker.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline RetBobbyMI

Take them all down. Take down every statue that reminds anyone of the civil war. ALL of them. Including the Lincoln Memorial.

And shove them up the asses of the people like Sen. Cory A. Booker.
Washington D.C. was around long before the Civil War, yet it is full of monuments in the form of buildings like the US Capital, the White House, to name JUST two. Since of these monuments to American history were built by black slaves, if we followed the lunacy going around we should tear them down too.

https://books.google.com/books?id=eest66wNX2UC&printsec=frontcover&dq=Blacks+built+the+capitol&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjzg6bCsePVAhVJ64MKHdb1DjQQ6AEIKDAA#v=onepage&q=Blacks%20built%20the%20capitol&f=false
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Washington D.C. was around long before the Civil War, yet it is full of monuments in the form of buildings like the US Capital, the White House, to name JUST two. Since of these monuments to American history were built by black slaves, if we followed the lunacy going around we should tear them down too.

That is their ultimate goal. Tear it all down and then live in caves. There ain't a one of them that can build anything.

Thanks for the link.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley