Author Topic: Bannon: 'The Trump Presidency That We Fought For, and Won, Is Over.'  (Read 1989 times)

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: Bannon: 'The Trump Presidency That We Fought For, and Won, Is Over.'
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2017, 05:36:41 pm »
I'd love to see some work on base runs.  All we have right now is a schmuck who seems to think that if he vilifies the pitcher and the ump, and spins around fast enough on home plate, we'll all believe he's hitting home runs when truth is he hasn't even gotten to first base yet.

And a negative person like you wouldn't even make the team.  He's far from  perfect but did you see what he did with the I-mate change board?  Damn fine move
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Oceander

« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2017, 05:41:16 pm »
And a negative person like you wouldn't even make the team.  He's far from  perfect but did you see what he did with the I-mate change board?  Damn fine move

Since it took copious lies and getting into bed with the less disease-ridden parts of the alt-right for Trump to get on the team, that's not saying much and it's not a team I'm interested in joining.

It's perfectly fine as far as it goes, but it's more theatre than anything else.  It doesn't represent a fundamental change in implemented policy, as done through issued regulations, for example.

It's not a base hit.  And this is where the baseball metaphor falls flat because there aren't increments smaller than a base hit, and that would be necessary for the metaphor to have proper application. 

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2017, 05:50:58 pm »
I believe we have to work with what we have and push the bar back.  Stop dreaming of the grand slam home run and work on getting base runs.

As if sitting in the stands doing nothing but cheering politicians on the field is actually working on getting 'base runs'.

How pathetic.  No wonder we're screwed.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2017, 06:09:58 pm »
Since it took copious lies and getting into bed with the less disease-ridden parts of the alt-right for Trump to get on the team, that's not saying much and it's not a team I'm interested in joining.

It's perfectly fine as far as it goes, but it's more theatre than anything else.  It doesn't represent a fundamental change in implemented policy, as done through issued regulations, for example.

It's not a base hit.  And this is where the baseball metaphor falls flat because there aren't increments smaller than a base hit, and that would be necessary for the metaphor to have proper application.

There are strikes. Balls and all kinds of other things that can be done to make incremental progress.

Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2017, 08:26:09 pm »
I had thought that one of the reasons behind the support for Donaldus Minimus was that he
promised grand slams instead of building runs. You know, time to swing big. Even if he didn't
phrase it in quite those words.

We've been working with what we've had for a very long time now. And all we have to show for it
is big government metastasising deeper. The grand slam talker himself said little enough, if anything,
about arresting the metastasis, never mind driving it into any kind of noticeable remission. Knock
off a few regulations, sure, bunts are important. But they only bump the metastasis a little bit. It made
more sense to re-arrange the deck chairs on the Titanic.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Oceander

« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2017, 01:39:12 am »
There are strikes. Balls and all kinds of other things that can be done to make incremental progress.

Ok.  So it's a ball.  Not a strike out, but not a base run, either.

Still pretty lame.

Online corbe

« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2017, 02:01:08 am »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.