Author Topic: Bannon: 'The Trump Presidency That We Fought For, and Won, Is Over.'  (Read 1993 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
....“The Trump presidency that we fought for, and won, is over,” Bannon said Friday, shortly after confirming his departure. “We still have a huge movement, and we will make something of this Trump presidency. But that presidency is over. It’ll be something else. And there’ll be all kinds of fights, and there’ll be good days and bad days, but that presidency is over.”.....

http://www.weeklystandard.com/article/2009355/

Oceander

Re: Bannon: 'The Trump Presidency That We Fought For, and Won, Is Over.'
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 11:36:17 pm »
Not too full of himself, is he?

:facepalm2:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2017, 11:43:03 pm »
The exploding heads at TOS and elsewhere ought to be entertaining.

Of course I'm laughing to myself at watching all this when the warnings we handed out to the insistent last year that Trump was the worst possible pick for the advancement of Conservatism.

But no - Trump was the ONLY one to beat Hillary and was only going to hire 'the BEST people', and HE alone was going to drain the swamp and fix what was broken in Washington and MAGA.

So many discarded whatever lip service they paid to their principles to jump on board a false messiah's train, conned by a TV showman into grafting whatever hopes and dreams they had upon his shoulders  - and that whole 'train is now:

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2017, 11:47:17 pm »
What a scumbag
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2017, 11:53:55 pm »
This is the time, the Trump administration really needs everyone,

They have gotten the economy back up, they've had major pro-life victories, they have done well on foreign policy relatively speaking, they are attacked by the Democratic party.

Now is not the time to let up.

Clearly, the most conservative agenda in 40 years more or less.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 11:54:30 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2017, 11:55:37 pm »
What a scumbag

I've never been into the whole Breitbart scene that much. Breitbart, Andrew, was a very fine journalist, that much is true.

Oceander

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2017, 11:58:13 pm »

They have gotten the economy back up, they've had major pro-life victories, they have done well on foreign policy relatively speaking, they are attacked by the Democratic party.

Now is not the time to let up.

Clearly, the most conservative agenda in 40 years more or less.

Good luck with that one.   

Offline chae

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2017, 12:02:48 am »
@TomSea

40 years?  So you're saying Trump is more conservative than Reagan?

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2017, 12:06:41 am »

Too effing bad.  Trump and his people specifically told us they didn't need, nor want our help.

I'm enjoying commenting on the train wreck so many of you so willingly insisted was America's ride to salvation.

What I find even more hilarious, is that while the train is plummeting off the cliff and spewing smoke behind it, you're exclaiming how excellent the ride is.

That's funny right there.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline corbe

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2017, 02:48:09 am »
   Please refrain from 'rubbing it in' @INVAR the Trumpers have had a very bad week. :beer:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2017, 02:55:46 am »
   Please refrain from 'rubbing it in' @INVAR the Trumpers have had a very bad week. :beer:
You mean the country has had a bad week.... 8888crybaby

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2017, 03:02:12 am »
@TomSea

Oh let's not get started picking that scab again.

Offline corbe

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2017, 03:06:22 am »
    Indeed WE have @mrpotatohead after numerous tweets and 2 impromptu press conferences this week and we, as a Nation, still were unable to wash the stain of Charlottesville from the American conscience, in a positive way. 
    I am not taking the power of the MSM lightly, or the President's ability to define and focus a Nation away from this. 
    Everyone failed.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2017, 03:24:36 am »
    Indeed WE have @mrpotatohead after numerous tweets and 2 impromptu press conferences this week and we, as a Nation, still were unable to wash the stain of Charlottesville from the American conscience, in a positive way. 
    I am not taking the power of the MSM lightly, or the President's ability to define and focus a Nation away from this. 
    Everyone failed.

Everyone failed, and NO ONE in a position of authority is taking responsibility.

Trump is the worst, with his twitter attacks, blaming everyone else. McConnell and Ryan are next in line.

They have the House, Senate, and White House...it all falls on them.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2017, 03:57:07 am »
@TomSea

Consider yourself lucky they aren't saying 2000 years

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2017, 04:52:59 am »
Too effing bad.  Trump and his people specifically told us they didn't need, nor want our help.

I'm enjoying commenting on the train wreck so many of you so willingly insisted was America's ride to salvation.

What I find even more hilarious, is that while the train is plummeting off the cliff and spewing smoke behind it, you're exclaiming how excellent the ride is.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Mad Max

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2017, 08:12:00 am »
I still stand with Bannon. :patriot:

Offline ABX

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2017, 11:26:30 am »
Quote from: Mad Max link=topic3=277468.msg1425430#msg1425430 date=1503130320
I still stand with Bannon. :patriot:

If that lasts for more than 4 hours, see a doctor.

Mad Max

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2017, 03:52:17 am »
If that lasts for more than 4 hours, see a doctor.

He will last. Now he is free to raise millions of dollars from eager donors to really get his message out.He could not do this while in the White House. Even the possibility building a Fox News type multi media empire.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 04:01:28 am by Mad Max »

Online dfwgator

« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2017, 03:56:02 am »
    Everyone failed.

We get what we deserve.  The quality of politicians we get is directly proportional to the quality of the people who vote for them.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2017, 06:23:11 am »
We get what we deserve.  The quality of politicians we get is directly proportional to the quality of the people who vote for them.

^^^^^ Read that again people and let it sink in good.

The Judgment that we are just now beginning to suffer, is a direct result of exactly what dfw said above.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2017, 04:24:38 pm »
^^^^^ Read that again people and let it sink in good.

The Judgment that we are just now beginning to suffer, is a direct result of exactly what dfw said above.
Sadly....this is so true.  Heaven help us........

Offline ABX

« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2017, 04:26:32 pm »

QFT

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2017, 05:31:32 pm »

Sounds profound but it's really quite naive.  Condemn all Americans if you want but I believe America is still a great country.

We have many enemies within.  Who would want to be a politician with all the evil forces waiting to destroy you and your family.  The media the foreign money and corrupt people who have taken power.

I believe we have to work with what we have and push the bar back.  Stop dreaming of the grand slam home run and work on getting base runs.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Oceander

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2017, 05:33:56 pm »
Sounds profound but it's really quite naive.  Condemn all Americans if you want but I believe America is still a great country.

We have many enemies within.  Who would want to be a politician with all the evil forces waiting to destroy you and your family.  The media the foreign money and corrupt people who have taken power.

I believe we have to work with what we have and push the bar back.  Stop dreaming of the grand slam home run and work on getting base runs.

I'd love to see some work on base runs.  All we have right now is a schmuck who seems to think that if he vilifies the pitcher and the ump, and spins around fast enough on home plate, we'll all believe he's hitting home runs when truth is he hasn't even gotten to first base yet.