Author Topic: How Steve Bannon blew himself up  (Read 599 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

How Steve Bannon blew himself up
« on: August 18, 2017, 05:52:17 pm »
Washington Examiner, Aug 18, 2017, Tom Rogan

Steve Bannon is out at the White House.

That's not surprising. When at Trump Tower earlier this week, President Trump refused to give his support to Bannon, it was clear the former Breitbart guru's days were numbered.

Bannon's advocates will claim that he was the victim of an establishment conspiracy. But I believe his departure is self-inflicted. During his eight months at the White House, Bannon managed to alienate just about everyone he worked with.

By bullying his way onto the national security council (from which he was eventually dispatched), and pushing for trade wars, Bannon earned ire from the national security adviser, defense secretary, and secretary of state. This week, he effectively signed his own firing letter with Trump by ruling out military action against North Korea. Of course, Bannon may have made those comments as one last strike against the consensus he so despises.

By leaking about Jared Kushner and his wife, Ivanka Trump, Bannon gambled that his own relationship with Trump was stronger than the president's relationship with his family. He was wrong.

More:  http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/how-steve-bannon-blew-himself-up/article/2631966

Re: How Steve Bannon blew himself up
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 05:53:48 pm »
IMO, the explanation for Bannon's public ouster is just this simple.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 05:59:45 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2017, 06:02:10 pm »
I remember some people calling Steve Bannon a cobra in the early going. But he's long
since proven to be his own mongoose.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2017, 06:06:45 pm »

Happens when things get on Otto Pilot.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2017, 06:12:11 pm »
I happen to think that Ivanka and Jared are not going to be advocating for policies that I want enacted. At least Bannon tried to oppose them.

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2017, 06:12:16 pm »
Happens when things get on Otto Pilot.

Okay ... this took me a minute, but it's pretty funny.   :laugh:

Oceander

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2017, 06:17:21 pm »
I happen to think that Ivanka and Jared are not going to be advocating for policies that I want enacted. At least Bannon tried to oppose them.

Of course they won't. 

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2017, 06:19:08 pm »

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2017, 06:20:22 pm »

Even though I don't think Bannon had quite the influence blocking Ivanka as he'd like people to believe, I find the Kushner influence troubling, too.  I'm listening to Rush and he's suggesting giving Ivanka authority over texting on social issues so the President can focus on national security, the economy and the courts.    ^-^

@don-o

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2017, 07:43:09 pm »
Some of these photos of Bannon with Hope Hicks must have been this week. Some of this just makes me wonder about what is going on IF Bannon submitted his resignation back on August 7th as Breitbart reports.  And when was that interview that people were talking about then?

At least, one of these photos looked as recent as this week.